+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6/21 recap: "This Recap Brought to You By Hallmark"

Hysterical recap Lucy!! Loved it. My favorite parts...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    “You girls are sneaky,” Marty says. So sneaky, they probably crept out of the house in high school to go to parties, those wild things.

The women look like scared rabbits. Scared, mascaraed rabbits.

With that over, the girls look at each other, worried, and note that both women lied. Well, duh. Finding that your man is a closet Barry Manilow fan is a love-killa.

“Shoebox” cards are made for people like me. I love Maxine.

Lola: She was a showgirl. With yellow feathers in her hair, and a dress cut down to there.

Back at the house, the women are shown their room. Yes, room. Singular. Women. Plural.

Although “locked in a tower” would be more interesting. So would “eaten by lab rats.”

In my world, a “mixer” is the liquid that is added to the vodka. Mostly for color. But to each their own.

Because, you know, in real life, these things get voted on all the time.

It could have made for more suspense. And by “more” I mean, “any.”
    Another great recap, Lucy Liu!! I love your take on these dating shows!! You handled it with the perfect amount of sarcasm etc. Great job!!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Lucy-Lou

This is the first one of these shows I haven't watched, Lucy. Thanks for the brillinat recap. Maybe I can manage to watch it next time it comes on. Hysterically funny all the way through. Some of my favorites:

If the sight of well-preserved, over-made-up women flicking a teardrop from their mascara with a carefully manicured nail makes you sniffle in sympathy, well….I’m sure there’s a country club for you somewhere.

if I said, “She’s about 40, obviously works out, and has on too much makeup” I would pretty much have described them all.

Sharon: 34, believes in fate, helps it by wearing miniscule skirt.
    That's the kind of fate I believe in too.

A mad rush for the bathroom ensues. Slaughter is imminent. This is Darwinism at its most basic, people.

I’m guessing here, but … Aqua Velva? Just maybe? Or Brut?

The women chosen are Layne and Sarah, who says, “I have never been voted least compatible with anyone.” Because, you know, in real life, these things get voted on all the time.

But hey, I bet Hallmark makes cards for that. “Roses are red, violets are blue, Telly Savalas is bald, but you have hairplugs.” You know, something like that. It’ll be in the Shoebox section.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

The green thing skinnyminnie123's Avatar
    great recap! so who is your favorite so far?

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    Great recap...does this season seem a lot sappier than last? God, I wish we had those two hot sons of Don's to look at again...
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

Yea - they could have given us SOME eye candy... like, if the old lie detector guy wasn't available, they could have found a young good-looking dude! All we have to look at on this show is Marty.... :rolleyes

FORT Newbie

Marilyn

Did you all know Marilyn has worked at the Diamond Cabaret-In other words her job is not as listed --A gentlemens entertainer HA!

FORT Newbie
    Doesn't any one have a comment ?? Or have you all been to see her real show?

I'm sure no one's commenting because:

1) This is the recap thread, not the "Ladies of MMD" thread,

2) It certainly wouldn't be the first time (this week) that a reality show contestant has worked at an adult entertainment venue,

3) This is last week's recap

Eh...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12