+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 6/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    How does the Dad, being a delivery man for Frito Lays, live so well off? Maybe the twist is that he is really poor and the women don't find out until the end.
    The "house" is an NBC-owned production house, it's not theirs.

Nick wasn't there? That kind of ruins the show when the lie-detector guy's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    The "house" is an NBC-owned production house, it's not theirs.

Nick wasn't there? That kind of ruins the show when the lie-detector guy's not there.
    The guy is kinda cute, but c'mon. They make him out to be some sort of "dreamboat". Maybe he is set to inherit money, or maybe he has a big 401k. But the truth is, the guy is supposed to be a Frito lay driver. He's The Frito Bandito. :rolleyes

The house is NOT his. I WISH they would show his REAL house and real car (unless he drives around in the company van... how hot would that be?). He could live in a trailer for all we know. After all, this IS reality tv, right????? (Reality to a-very- limited point that is... edit, edit edit. We can make him look good if we really try. Just take out all the unappealing stuff.) Then show us where he REALLY lives, and what kind of car he REALLY drives.

All the editing makes him out to look like some suave guy. Remember 1/4back Jesse and his DISGUSTING manners at the dinner table? Those were shown as "outtakes". Chomping on food, talking with his mouth FULL of food. Watching him eat spaghetti, or whatever that was on his date with Tara, and laughing at her face as she realized this guy is the reincarnation of a caveman.

REALITY CHECK...
    Last edited by lil'olme; 06-22-2004 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    Any WHAT the hell is with all the crying from the daughters? I mean, girls, composure. (Or Prozac) You JUST met these women, and they did not even meet your Dad.
    I thought that too! What are they going to do once they get to know these women and have to eliminate them? Have complete nervous breakdowns?! (Or maybe they're all just PMSing! )

I wonder if the women know of his "humble" career. The show seems to be pushing a "filthy rich man" image upon them. Will it factor in?

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    I wonder if the women know of his "humble" career. The show seems to be pushing a "filthy rich man" image upon them. Will it factor in?
    I know!! When do they find out he's a delivery truck man? Not sure he'll be able to afford all the plastic surgery. Those are some fake looking women!!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedGood
    Sharon is a wicked annoying one, if you ask me. She blatantly hit on the "jewelry store guy," asking him "Are you married?"

That was funny. I wonder what Dad thought of it. I don't recall anything being said, but I thought it was hilarious!

I know a few of Hostess/Frito lay drivers here in Canada and they are salesmen paid on commission - one of the guys makes $50thou/year and the other - who is younger and has a longer route makes upwards of $60thou/year... while this is not big money they certainly do live comfortably. They have amazing pension plans too .. and they are home every night. I'd be proud to be with a man that works hard for a living and the money that he makes is more than the average income for families in Canada.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I actually like Sharon - plus she's got a great haircut (unlike the bee-hive, bleach-blond, up-dos on some of them!). That she found the "jewelry store guy" attractive is a plus, I would think. (After all, although she signed up for the show, she hadn't yet even met the guy so didn't know if there would be a "connection") Yes, I just used that word. TOo much reality TV for me! Anyway, if she was attracted to him (which was really "him" anyway) that's a good thing, IMO.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by WickedGood
    He seems to have that "BOY AM I SURPRISED" look on his face. ..
    Very good description!!! And, Krom's "Clark Kent" reveal -- I thought the very same thing -- really made me laugh at the time. I thought, "what point was he trying to make with that"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
    He's only been divorced for two years...I'm betting he's still a delivery guy for Frito Lay (due to the funky tan on his forehead in the promo shots....from his delivery hat ) and the house is a rental for the show. If he lived in a house like that...they woulda had him rolling up in his wheels like Dad from last season rolled up in. Would be embarassing to have him come smokin' up in his '84 Chevy pick-up with duct tape holding on the tail light.
    Again, you guys make me laugh out loud!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread