+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 6/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just bummed about the lie detector guy. He was the best character on the show.
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Corine
    Just bummed about the lie detector guy. He was the best character on the show.
    I know, :phhht they really should have warned us in previews, but judging from the comments in this thread, had we known then no one would have tuned in!
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I really get annoyed at these particular shows... honestly, how desperate are these woman (especially at their age) to go on a reality show and stand there like kindergartners waiting to be picked?

Also, the dad. I always wonder what the EX is saying while watching all of these women fawn all over him. I imagine her being disgusted and screaming at the television.."HE'S AN ARSEHOLE!!! JUST WAIT TIL YOU FIND OUT HE'S A TOTAL BOOZER AND WOMANIZER!!"
    They're always perceived to be the "golden dads" of dads, politest, sweetest and most genuine. I just don't buy it... there HAS to be something wrong with him if he's not still married, or at least dating someone.

Even if my kids were trying to talk me into doing this show, I wouldn't! I wouldn't want to look so desperate to find someone.

The crying. Oh boy... ALL OF'M need to stop with the dramatic bawling. Makes me wonder how they act when something really serious happens in their lives. Do they just roll up in fetal position, sobbing and rocking themselves to sleep?? :rolleyes
    If the daughters are so damned worried about hurting someone's feelings, then put all of their names in a hat and draw the name of the person who is going to be tossed outta the house.... in front of all the women. Then, no worries. Go sob in the cab on your way out!

But, alas... I still watch so I can be all catty on the Fort with my comments.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Zoom Zoom, Baby!! ETXCountryAngel's Avatar
    I didn't watch it last season, but I did decide to catch it last night. These women could all pass for an older sister of the daughters...I don't see them handling a step-mom that's going to be just as high-maintenence as they are. And all the crying...OH MY GOSH!
    Whoever said that slow & steady wins the race...well, they lied to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I really get annoyed at these particular shows... honestly, how desperate are these woman (especially at their age) to go on a reality show and stand there like kindergartners waiting to be picked?
    Wow Maveno...go to the Crusty Crab for lunch or something?

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Wow Maveno...go to the Crusty Crab for lunch or something?
    Ohhh thanks funnygirl!! I'm absolutely STARVED sitting here...like I need to be reminded of some crusty steaming crab leg to dip in hot butter with a splash of lemon, slowly melting on my tongue...

Thanks, thanks a lot funnygirl.

Uhhh..to keep this post on track... Yes, they're desperate to be "seen" IMO, and I think it's funny how they're willing to have "dirty laundry" aired on a national reality show in HOPES to get picked by a guy they probably won't end up staying with.

Damn I'm hungry and cranky.

I had Marty pegged as about 50-52. If he is in fact 46, then he fathered the two older girls (twins, I assume? Both 27, and the one girl said "I'm the firstborn, not the more natural "I'm the oldest.") when he was only 19. Which means he impregnated their mother when he was 18. Can we say 'teenage shotgun weddin'?

I'd have a hard time respecting a man who fathered children while still in high school. I know it happens to a lot of folks, but where I'm from, that's considered trashy.

Uhhh..to keep this post on track... Yes, they're desperate to be "seen" IMO, and I think it's funny how they're willing to have "dirty laundry" aired on a national reality show in HOPES to get picked by a guy they probably won't end up staying with.

Damn I'm hungry and cranky.
    I disagree. These women are trying to prove they still got it. If they end up with an engagement ring and all the hype that goes with this show, it's just a bonus. I kind of like watching them better than some of these insipid young chicks on the other dating shows. Give me a wise, old, sexy broad any day I say. :phhht

(Mainly because I'd like to think that covers me too. )

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I disagree. These women are trying to prove they still got it. If they end up with an engagement ring and all the hype that goes with this show, it's just a bonus. I kind of like watching them better than some of these insipid young chicks on the other dating shows. Give me a wise, old, sexy broad any day I say. :phhht

(Mainly because I'd like to think that covers me too. )
    Ok..I'll agree about watching a sexy, older and more wise woman than any of the other reality bimbo(s).
    I guess what my point is (more to the fact) that I'd wish at the age that they're at, that they'd have enough confidence in themselves that they'd NOT do a reality show. Being a "seasoned" and good looking woman, I'd hope that along with that comes some class.
    I just don't find this show to be very classy in finding the most romantic love of your life. Seems so phoney, and not genuine to me.

Ok..I'll agree about watching a sexy, older and more wise woman than any of the other reality bimbo(s).
    I guess what my point is (more to the fact) that I'd wish at the age that they're at, that they'd have enough confidence in themselves that they'd NOT do a reality show. Being a "seasoned" and good looking woman, I'd hope that along with that comes some class.
    I just don't find this show to be very classy in finding the most romantic love of your life. Seems so phoney, and not genuine to me.
    Could some of them be doing it for "fun"? I mean, come on, why do we have to be serious and classy all the time as we get older? Can't we do something a little crazy, just for us, just to see? Where's your sense of adventure today?

+ Reply to Thread