+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Okland Daughters

The Okland Daughters

[IMG]images/img/1WWMaa03.jpg[/IMG]

Pictured: (l-r) Nicole Okland, Marty Okland, Jennifer Okland, Brooke Okland

I wonder if any of them will get into soap operas...particularly "Passions"

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Some of the ladies vying for his affections look like they'd fit right in with his daughters. Should be interesting...
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

FORT Regular
    Is that Shannon Elizabeth in the photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Goomba
    Is that Shannon Elizabeth in the photo?
    No........

One of the girls (the one in the grey top and a ponytail in the scene where the girls are hugging their dad) looks a lot like Julia Demato from season 2 of American Idol from some angles.

Ear check here

During the introduction segment, I could have SWORN I heard two of the daughters give the same age, 27. One said "I'm the middle, or the second child, something like that, and the other said "I'm the firstborn". Which to me is an odd turn of phrase--I'm the oldest of 4 girls myself, and I've never introduced myself as 'the firstborn'. It would make more sense for her to say that if she was only older than a twin sister by a few minutes. But the article posted here lists the oldest as 29.

Is that an error, or was I just having a senior moment when I heard '27' twice? If his oldest daughter is 29, than he was even more of a teenage father than I previously thought--the girls' mom would've been all of 16 when she gave birth. (Not that she's alone in that . . .but if it were me, I wouldn't be broadcasting the fact that I became a parent in the 10th grade on national TV either . . .)

Can anyone clarify this, or am I just going selectively deaf?

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    During the introduction segment, I could have SWORN I heard two of the daughters give the same age, 27.
    Is that an error, or was I just having a senior moment when I heard '27' twice?
    I heard that too! I thought it was strange!

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    During the introduction segment, I could have SWORN I heard two of the daughters give the same age, 27. One said "I'm the middle, or the second child, something like that, and the other said "I'm the firstborn". Which to me is an odd turn of phrase--I'm the oldest of 4 girls myself, and I've never introduced myself as 'the firstborn'. It would make more sense for her to say that if she was only older than a twin sister by a few minutes. But the article posted here lists the oldest as 29.

Is that an error, or was I just having a senior moment when I heard '27' twice? If his oldest daughter is 29, than he was even more of a teenage father than I previously thought--the girls' mom would've been all of 16 when she gave birth. (Not that she's alone in that . . .but if it were me, I wouldn't be broadcasting the fact that I became a parent in the 10th grade on national TV either . . .)

I thought I heard that, too...or at least something equally confusing that made me think all of these girls were born VERY close together.

When I read his bio, he said that he got married at 18. Since he's now 47 (although somewhere else it said 46) and his oldest is 29, she would have been born sometime during the year that he was 18.

I, of course, jumped to the conclusion (given how young he was and how soon his daughter was born) that it was a "quickie" marriage, but there are actually 12 months in a year, so he could have gotten married and had a full-term child all in the same year without a shotgun involved. (And lots of kids in that part of the country...assuming that he grew up in Colorado...get married just out of high school. At least they did when I was growing up, and I'm only 5 years older than he is.)

Why do you think his wife was 16? Did we learn somewhere that she is younger that he is?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

There are at least three different versions of his/the ex's/the daughter's ages floating around out there. I've heard, variously, that Marty is 47 or 48 and the daughters are either 27 or 29 and the ex-wife is 46 . . .maybe. It doesn't seem like it'd be so tough to get a basic fact like age correct, but to be honest, I have no idea how old anybody is on this show.

IF the eldest daughter is 29 like one posted article here says, and her mom is 46, then mom would have been 17 when she was born. If the daughter is 27 like I swear I heard, then mom would have been 19. At any rate, she and Marty were both firmly still in their teens when they became parents.

I was mostly interested in learning if anyone else heard as I did, that the two older girls introduced themselves both as 27, which would make them fraternal twins. Seeing as they look alike, that seems to give credence to my theory. But I can't figure the discrepancy in the posted ages here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast