+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Okland Daughters

The daughters are beyond obnoxious. I cannot get over the way Jennifer spoke to her father. “You have no say. We are the ones doing the choosing”. Did she not she the last “Marry My Dad”? It’s not about who they would like as a mother but rather who the father would want as a wife. Twits. I am guessing that the father has been single for a long time or that it’s been a while since he was in a committed relationship. He seems to dote on them, and if he falls in love things are bound to change. Jennifer likes Grandma Suzanne because she isn’t a threat. The father doesn’t seem to be into her, so it would over by the time the show airs. On the other hand, Stacey would be competition because she is young and attractive and he could develop actual feelings for her and well that just wouldn’t do. I can’t believe I watch this show or would even admit to watching it. Yuck!

... I would like to see Ole' Dad put on the lie detecter test, and the ex wifey asking all the questions.

Hahahaha i loved when those two got into an argument "No stop interuppting me!"
    But then i felt bad that the other girl had to decide all by herself.
    ~Kristin

Are these three girls REALLY grown women in their 20s? LATE 20s in two cases?? 'Cause they act like spoiled pouty adolescents with nothing weightier on their minds than what they're gonna wear to the prom. Very immature, and bossy, too.

In Brooke's defense, it seems like the youngest is the most mature in this case. Those two older sisters (esp. Jennifer? the mouthiest one that always looks as if she's smelling something bad) are pieces of work. Yikes. Hard to believe that they are all on their own, living far away from Daddy, considering the way they act. So much the better for any stepsiblings that will come into the picture . . .if these girls (especially Jennifer & Nicole, 'cause Brooke seems like the sweet one) still lived at home, I think industrial-strength witchiness would ensue. These girls don't seem to be too good at sharing.

The father-daughter argument was hilarious--they must have been waiting their whole lives to be able to boss their dad around on national TV! They seem distressingly unconcerned about the viability of this future marriage . . . getting their own ways in the present seem much more crucial to them than Marty's future happiness.

Those 'outings' with the three women were downright sadistic. Roller hockey? Whiplash-inducing mechanical bulls? Tiny little firetrap cars? Gee, girls--power-hungry much?

At least the producers threw Marty a bone and let him actually spend a day with the women who were his potential brides . . .finally!

He seems like way too passive a personality to take this crap from his children, and even to sign up for the show in the first place. This impending marriage is like a train wreck that we know is coming yet are powerless to prevent--we can only watch the coming carnage in sick fascination . . .

Good luck, Marilyn! We miss you, but you are well out of this freak show.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    Are these three girls REALLY grown women in their 20s? LATE 20s in two cases??
    They are 28, 27 and 25. They all need a spanking though.

I thought this show was about Dad but all it seems to center around are the daughters and their relationship is just toooo perfect. He says he loves them and know they will make the right decision!! Is this a new concept that daughters pick a stepmother and daddy has no say! He comes across as thumbed under by his daughters. We see so little interaction between Marty and the women or individual dates and why they profess their love for him is a mystery!! They really know very little about him and probably believe he is rich.

One Step Shy of Sanity Where'smyMidol?'s Avatar
    (esp. Jennifer? the mouthiest one that always looks as if she's smelling something bad) .
    LMAO!!

Jennifer? the mouthiest one that always looks as if she's smelling something bad
    Hey, now that we have the facts from "the exes" perhaps she IS smelling something bad...

Premium Member
    Are these three girls REALLY grown women in their 20s? LATE 20s in two cases?? 'Cause they act like spoiled pouty adolescents with nothing weightier on their minds than what they're gonna wear to the prom. Very immature, and bossy, too.

Hee! I want to give a big fat to all your posts about the daughters hikari.

I'm finding it hard to believe that they're grown women out on their own too. Maybe the producers told them the set is their sorority house? This isn't rush week :rolleyes and Spacy isn't going to be their new "sister". Wakey wakey!

It must be awesome to be as perfect as the three little freaks too. One of the many times I wanted to put my foot through the screen on the last episode was when one of them (I have no idea which sister is which, nor do I have any desire to learn, frankly ) gave some little speech about how "one mistake could send someone home!" So they've never made any mistakes I guess. :rolleyes

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you can’t make it on your own

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    gave some little speech about how "one mistake could send someone home!" So they've never made any mistakes I guess. :rolleyes

IMHO... they did send the wrong gal home... Marilyn.

+ Reply to Thread