+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Okland Daughters

FORT Fanatic
    None of the girls live at home with their dad. I think they all are out on their own. I wonder how much contact they really have with their dad and how much they truly understand about his current life and what he is looking for or needs in a wife?

I'd say he's a brave man (or maybe stupid) for allowing his daughters to choose a mate for him. Then again, in reality, all they are doing is choosing someone for him to be in contact with for a while...then break-up.

I wonder if Marty is allowed to contact any of the girls who were eliminated after the eventual break-up with the one the girls chose.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Showshmo
    Yes, we all wore too much make-up because that's how it was applied to our faces. I agree!
    Ok. I'll bite.

If this is truly one of the daughters.. I have a couple of questions for you.

I know that the show is "emotional".. I guess.. but, why..oh WHY did you guys cry so damn much?? There just seemed to be more frickin' crying than smiling the whole show.

Also.. Why in the world do all of you ffreaaak out when someone kisses, hugs, touches your dad?? I mean...for real. He's an adult, he and your mother actually created you three by means of sexual contact... didn't you guys even THINK that there was going to be some form of "contact" with the women?
    After a while, you guys looked pretty silly cringing and wincing and shrieking about a simple kiss.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Ok. I'll bite.

If this is truly one of the daughters.. I have a couple of questions for you.
    I think SHOWSHMO is not one of the daughters, but is Sharon, one of the eliminated contestants. Judging by her responses elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by S-MARTY-PANTS
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Suzanne or Stacy is excellent Mommy material. But from the way they are both sucking up to the girls and given their aged looks, they may be projecting themselves as potential step-Moms to these girls who are 25 to 28 year-olds. I'm just trying to make sense in my head as to why the girls have not picked Suzanne or Stacy yet for the lie detector test. If I were one of Marty's daughters, I would have picked Stacy for the test as soon as I heard that she was married 4 times. To check if she is really serious about Marty, as she tries marriage for a fifth time. I wonder why that issue does not concern the Okland girls.

Anyway, I guess I am just wasting my time wondering about this and trying to make sense of the madness on this show.
    If anything... they could have really hit her with some GREAT questions!! They could have run and entire show around Stacy and the lie-detector test!!

Madness of the show... Shouldn't it be.... the madness of those that watch the show?? 'Cuz I figure I MUST be nuts to watch this, or else there just ain't nuttin' else to watch! S-MARTY-PANTS- Have a great day!!

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup

I'd say he's a brave man (or maybe stupid) for allowing his daughters to choose a mate for him. Then again, in reality, all they are doing is choosing someone for him to be in contact with for a while...then break-up.
    Brave? Stupid? How about desperate? What screams desperation more than going on national tv and letting your girls find you a wife??

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    Brave? Stupid? How about desperate? What screams desperation more than going on national tv and letting your girls find you a wife??

How about going on a show looking for a husband.. or being picked to be this mans new bride to be?? That pretty desperate too :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    How about going on a show looking for a husband.. or being picked to be this mans new bride to be?? That pretty desperate too :rolleyes

How 'bout watching the show 'cuz we ain't got nuthin' better to do... OMG

PS: Sorry about the "boiling rabbit" comment CB. I hope it did not scare you!!

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    How 'bout watching the show 'cuz we ain't got nuthin' better to do... OMG

PS: Sorry about the "boiling rabbit" comment CB. I hope it did not scare you!!

Well, we are pretty desparate, but its entertaining to me! Gives me something to laugh at

P.S. Just a word to the wise... It's not "Wabbit Season"

Quote Originally Posted by S-MARTY-PANTS
    I think SHOWSHMO is not one of the daughters, but is Sharon, one of the eliminated contestants. Judging by her responses elsewhere.
    I agree. Elsewhere she talks about the "subliminal junk" she was saying on the show, as in, "I was saying the subliminal junk....". So it's either someone pretending to be Sharon, or it is indeed her. So, Sharon, if it is really you, and of course we'll never really know....anyway, would you do a show like this again? And, what was the best and worst things about being on it? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Watching a reality show cause it's on (that's ALL I need to watch) doesn't make US desperate. I watch these shows to hone my comedy acts.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread