+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Okland Daughters

Agree - stupid, stupid show, concept, people involved, etc. etc. But we watch it. Why - kind of like rubber necking at an accident.

One other comment - I would be very very hesitant to marry a man with three adult daughters (three sons would not be too bad). No woman is going to be good enough for their dad.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    I don't give this marriage more than two months, to be honest. Just long enough to get back from the Caribbean honeymoon paid for by NBC and do the round of talk-shows. The kids may or may not be along on those outings . . .seems likely!
    Interesting note.... In the text that they put up at the end of the show, they say that contestants have the option of taking any trips resulting from the show either together or separately. (Or something like that.) I thought that was interesting, since the only trip I can imagine coming out of the show would be a honeymoon.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Wouldn't that be a fun honeymoon?! "Okay, I'll marry Marty, but if the daughters insist on coming along on the honeymoon, I'd prefer to travel separately!"

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Agree - stupid, stupid show, concept, people involved, etc. etc. But we watch it. Why - kind of like rubber necking at an accident.
    Yeah, I've already admitted I can be very pathetic in my tv viewing!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Okay.. I know I said earlier.. I didn't really care for the girls and questions their motive for picking a mate for their dad, but tonight (7/12).. I think they were genuine in being sad when they had to eliminate two more ladies. My only question is why they keep sending Marilyn to the lie detector test. This was the third week she had to go. What do you all think???

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Okay.. I know I said earlier.. I didn't really care for the girls and questions their motive for picking a mate for their dad, but tonight (7/12).. I think they were genuine in being sad when they had to eliminate two more ladies. My only question is why they keep sending Marilyn to the lie detector test. This was the third week she had to go. What do you all think???
    I've asked myself the same question CB. Tonight, though, Marty did indicate that he saw one of the two only as a friend. Since Marilyn had already done well in two previous tests, when not pick her again, especially if the daughters had already made their decision. They could have selected Stacy for the LDT, but since they must see that she is not a match either for their dad, they can say her to eliminate next, leaving only Marilyn and Suzanne. No other approach seems logical to me. Stacy was the only one we did not see the daughters ask about.

FORT Regular
    After watching this show for the past couple of episodes, does anyone else think that these girls wear ENTIRELY TOO MUCH MAKE-UP?!!!!

I mean, their faces look like they're so stiff because of all the eye make-up and lipstick they have! They're pretty girls so they don't need so much but seeing the three of them standing next to one another makes them look like a wax museum display. :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    I've asked myself the same question CB. Tonight, though, Marty did indicate that he saw one of the two only as a friend. Since Marilyn had already done well in two previous tests, when not pick her again, especially if the daughters had already made their decision. They could have selected Stacy for the LDT, but since they must see that she is not a match either for their dad, they can say her to eliminate next, leaving only Marilyn and Suzanne. No other approach seems logical to me. Stacy was the only one we did not see the daughters ask about.
    I was wondering if the reason they did not ask about Stacy is because they see her as the frontrunner at this point? I hope not, because she is my least favorite of the remaining three.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenia36
    I was wondering if the reason they did not ask about Stacy is because they see her as the frontrunner at this point? I hope not, because she is my least favorite of the remaining three.
    I think they didn't pick Stacy, because of all the others Stacy hasn't had any time with Dad, so therefore he wouldn't know if there was any "love connection." I think they kept her on to give them the opportunity to know if there is anything. I just wonder why they keep choosing Marilyn to do the lie detector test, and she keeps getting at least one lie on each test. This week she lied about having 10 dates in two months. I thought that was a stupid question, and wondered why it really mattered anyways being she is single and beautiful.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    I just wonder why they keep choosing Marilyn to do the lie detector test
    My theory is perhaps they really like her and this is their way of "testing" her legitimacy.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread