+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: The Okland Daughters

Premium Member
    Yeah I liked Marilyn too lil. I just can't believe she's gone, I've been crying since Monday night. I just can't bear all these new friends being torn apart.

(I really did like her though. I suppose it won't kill me to stop snarking and be serious for one sentence? )

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    Yeah I liked Marilyn too lil. I just can't believe she's gone, I've been crying since Monday night. I just can't bear all these new friends being torn apart.

(I really did like her though. I suppose it won't kill me to stop snarking and be serious for one sentence? )

But, if there was no chemistry on his part, then what good could picking her do? It will play out just like MMD #1, ya know, the bald guy... Uncle Fester.

I HOPE that when this is all over they have a reunion show. Inquiring (little) minds like ours want to know...
    1. What were those girls thinking getting rid of Marilyn
    2. Who has kids
    3. Did any of them find boyfriends since being on the show

We want to know!

Premium Member
    I remember Marty saying at the dinner table before the last lie detector, something like "But we all agree about Marilyn right?" Did he mean we all agree "no way" or something else? I never did figure that part out....

I kinda had the feeling that the daughters already had their minds made up before the lie detector anyway. Thoughts?

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    I remember Marty saying at the dinner table before the last lie detector, something like "But we all agree about Marilyn right?" Did he mean we all agree "no way" or something else? I never did figure that part out....

I kinda had the feeling that the daughters already had their minds made up before the lie detector anyway. Thoughts?

My thought was he wanted Marilyn gone. It has been said by one the girls that Marilyn had not been opening up. So, perhaps that this was a problem for them. She seemed very reserved on their "cliff" date. She really liked him, but he seemed to want someone to give him a challenge. Kinda like high school. Marilyn seemed too good for him.

Suzanne deserves him. Does anyone know if these women are wealthy in their own right... or by divorce settlement?

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    Suzanne deserves him. Does anyone know if these women are wealthy in their own right... or by divorce settlement?
    I thought this thread was supposed to be about the daughters?

The daughter's were all torn by who to choose for the lie detector. Why did they act like there's a rule about one of the two who goes to the lie detector has to be eliminated?

Why didn't they send Suzanne and Stacy to the lie detector since neither had faced it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I thought this thread was supposed to be about the daughters?

The daughter's were all torn by who to choose for the lie detector. Why did they act like there's a rule about one of the two who goes to the lie detector has to be eliminated?

Why didn't they send Suzanne and Stacy to the lie detector since neither had faced it yet?
    I was hoping that was what they would do, but they must have to send home one of the 2 chosen then, and they knew Daddy wanted S &S and not Marilyn.

Sorry about the deviation of topics before. Sometimes you get carried away and forget what thread you are in.

Now let's return to our regularly scheduled topic...

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I really wanted Suzanne & Stacy to go to the lie detector too. I hate how they can only eliminate one of the women who is sent to it, cause honestly... it's as if they WON'T choose someone they like, for fear of finding out the truth.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I really wanted Suzanne & Stacy to go to the lie detector too. I hate how they can only eliminate one of the women who is sent to it, cause honestly... it's as if they WON'T choose someone they like, for fear of finding out the truth.
    That's just it Maveno...they can eliminate somebody that didn't go to the lie guy. It's rather disturbing to me and I'm glad the show is almost over. I'm losing too much sleep over the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    Are these three girls REALLY grown women in their 20s? LATE 20s in two cases?? 'Cause they act like spoiled pouty adolescents with nothing weightier on their minds than what they're gonna wear to the prom. Very immature, and bossy, too.

In Brooke's defense, it seems like the youngest is the most mature in this case. Those two older sisters (esp. Jennifer? the mouthiest one that always looks as if she's smelling something bad) are pieces of work. Yikes. Hard to believe that they are all on their own, living far away from Daddy, considering the way they act. So much the better for any stepsiblings that will come into the picture . . .if these girls (especially Jennifer & Nicole, 'cause Brooke seems like the sweet one) still lived at home, I think industrial-strength witchiness would ensue. These girls don't seem to be too good at sharing.

The father-daughter argument was hilarious--they must have been waiting their whole lives to be able to boss their dad around on national TV! They seem distressingly unconcerned about the viability of this future marriage . . . getting their own ways in the present seem much more crucial to them than Marty's future happiness.

Those 'outings' with the three women were downright sadistic. Roller hockey? Whiplash-inducing mechanical bulls? Tiny little firetrap cars? Gee, girls--power-hungry much?

At least the producers threw Marty a bone and let him actually spend a day with the women who were his potential brides . . .finally!

He seems like way too passive a personality to take this crap from his children, and even to sign up for the show in the first place. This impending marriage is like a train wreck that we know is coming yet are powerless to prevent--we can only watch the coming carnage in sick fascination . . .

Good luck, Marilyn! We miss you, but you are well out of this freak show.
    Great post, Hikari. I am not fond of Nicole and Jennifer at all, but I do like Brooke. She seems mature and heartfelt. And I agree about the outings. How stupid! Why couldn't the girls just go out and enjoy the women's company and get to know them better instead of making them jump through hoops to avoid having more bad facts revealed. This show is so focused on bad facts that we've hardly gotten to see any positive interactions between Marty and the women or the daughters and the women. All the women who've escaped this mess should be rejoicing. Though I would still like Suzanne to win because I like her MUCH more than creepy Stacy. But I guess it's best that Stacy wins because winning here will really be losing.

http://starbulletin.com/2004/07/24/features/wood.html

And per this artice, Nicole is pursuing an acting career, and has been for many years!

+ Reply to Thread