+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Been there, done that: The "Mole" topic

Does anyone know what the word/words was/were that Sarah said?? I tried to figure it out, but could not.

If this family can't handle a little honest "potty mouty" then they probably are as boring as they appear on my 27" inches of reality.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    Pets are nice, but they are NOT humans. You do not have a family with them. They are NOT kids, they are animals. I used to feel the same way, as you stated above, until we got a labrador that turned on my 19 month old son, he did nothing, and she lunged at him. She was removed from our home immediately. (This dog was our baby.) Compassion for animals does show a humane said, but when you lose sight of human vs. animals, then I have a problem.

Now, if she chose the cats over the guy because cats are her interest, and he has no interest in cats, then she was probably not in love with him. Because if she loved him, the cats would have not mattered to her. But because she said the guy had allergies, she should have stopped the relationship as soon as she found out it was getting serious. We don't know, however, if the guy actually proposed, or if she was more of the thought, "I can't marry him if he is allergic to something of interest to me", then kicked him to the curb.

My 41 yr old brother died in May of this year. If I had a choice of losing him, or losing my favorite pet, it is an easy choice for me. That's because I love my brother. Does not mean I did not love my favorite dog, just means that my human relationships come first. BOY, how strong that point is made when you lose a person that you are so close to.

So, she either was not in love with the guy to begin with, and using the cat was an excuse, or she has a problem with human relations. JMO
    Your points are duly noted. But, there is nobody saying that someone should choose an animal ALWAYS over a human in any situation.

If a dog is rabid (your lab) and is vicious toward family. Bye Bye doggy.
    If you have a dying family member and somehow your pet needs to go ...although I still don't understand this one... find a place to temporarily house the animal. Preferably a friends house.
    Mind you, we're NOT talking "life or death" situations with this woman saying she chose the cats over the fiance.

Now. We don't know her reasonings for why she actually didn't go through with her "marriage" to the guy.
    But as you stated, there are three options.

1) Wasn't in love with him in the first place. Then he wasn't in love with her either, or he was very controlling and thought his bullying would make her get rid of them, but it didn't. (remember, he was allergic to the cats, not her)
    2) Using the cats as an excuse. If she was using the cats as an excuse, why wait so long? Besides, it was HE who was allergic to the cats. This doesn't make sense.
    3) Problem with human relations. Because she chose her cats over a guy? Shiat, I guess I have, and always have had problems with 'human relations'.

My guess is that he was a prick and she's getting a kick outta "stickin' to the jerk" by saying she chose her cats over him. I could be wrong.
    Anyway, just wanted to say..I don't agree with your 3 options.

Sorry about the loss of your brother, I too have lost my (oldest) brother.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    My guess is that he was a prick and she's getting a kick outta "stickin' to the jerk" by saying she chose her cats over him. I could be wrong.
    Anyway, just wanted to say..I don't agree with your 3 options.

Sorry about the loss of your brother, I too have lost my (oldest) brother.
    on the first part, and thanks, on the 2nd. I, too, send condolences on the loss of your brother. No one understands, unless they have gone thru it.

However, I do know people like her. One to HER extreme, or possibly more, since I really do not know her. Kinda sick. I prefer humans to animals. They are cute and cuddly...sometimes... but then, so are men...sometimes.

Anyway, JMO, based on what she said, and the similarities to a friend of our family.

Hasta la bye bye!! Happy and safe 4th to you!!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Silly ole me..admitting this... I prefer animals to humans. Not all per se, most.

Happy 4th to you as well!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234