+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Been there, done that: The "Mole" topic

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    We were questioning whether she really WAS the brother to the Dad. Honestly, the girls were talking and the one says, "We've known her for a long...well, since we were born".. as if she caught herself almost blowing it.

Not as if it even matters, just an observation.

Too bad they didn't keep her until AFTER the lie detector and reveal her before elimination. Betcha she would have been 'reporting' a lot more POTTY MOUTH talks.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    We were questioning whether she really WAS the brother to the Dad. Honestly, the girls were talking and the one says, "We've known her for a long...well, since we were born".. as if she caught herself almost blowing it.

Not as if it even matters, just an observation.

Too bad they didn't keep her until AFTER the lie detector and reveal her before elimination. Betcha she would have been 'reporting' a lot more POTTY MOUTH talks.

No, Lola is married to his brother, Russell, I believe is his name. She is 42, but has a matronly look about her. So, consequently, she looks much older than her age. She was still a pretty lady, just not HOT like the other women. Marty would have dumped her first, probably, if she had been real.

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    No, Lola is married to his brother, Russell, I believe is his name. She is 42, but has a matronly look about her. So, consequently, she looks much older than her age. She was still a pretty lady, just not HOT like the other women. Marty would have dumped her first, probably, if she had been real.
    That was my impression, too . . .she looked cuter last night, and displayed some strength of personality, but in the initial intro segment, I was like . . .Yeesh! It's the snaggly teeth, I think, that make her look plain. I thought--what the heck is she doing here?

However, Lola, unlike the other contestants, is a REAL woman, as opposed to an actress/model/spotlight hog-wannabe, like these others. In that light, she is very attractive for a regular mom type. These other women are vampires, wanting to suck out as much celebrity for themselves in their 15 minutes as they can.

Newsflash for the 'ladies': It is one thing to be an aspiring actress/model when you are 23 and auditioning for 'The Bachelor'. When you are 43 and still 'aspiring', though--it is unfortunately, too late for you and you should aspire to something else--maybe like acting your age!

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    Newsflash for the 'ladies': It is one thing to be an aspiring actress/model when you are 23 and auditioning for 'The Bachelor'. When you are 43 and still 'aspiring', though--it is unfortunately, too late for you and you should aspire to something else--maybe like acting your age!
    OUCH!! That hurt me, too. I am 40, and am not sure WHAT a 40 yr old is supposed to act like. I have friends that are in their 40's, 30's and 20's. I consider myself ageless, until arthritis gets ahold of me, that is.

People still model & act in their 70's, so if they are trying to get on camera, I guess they are in the right place. They just won't get the 20-something role. They will get the Mom or Femme fatale role, maybe.

As for Lola- she was like a Mom last night scolding the girls with disappointment. ShaRON looked like her mother was scolding her.

FORT Fanatic

As for Lola- she was like a Mom last night scolding the girls with disappointment. ShaRON looked like her mother was scolding her.
    I'm of the opinion that a LOT of Lola's comments last evening were scripted and planted by the producers. None of the so-called "dirt" was really THAT bad. I think they should have kept her around for a bit longer...so some REAL dirt could have come out about the ladies.

OUCH!! That hurt me, too. I am 40, and am not sure WHAT a 40 yr old is supposed to act like. I have friends that are in their 40's, 30's and 20's. I consider myself ageless, until arthritis gets ahold of me, that is.

People still model & act in their 70's, so if they are trying to get on camera, I guess they are in the right place. They just won't get the 20-something role. They will get the Mom or Femme fatale role, maybe.

Aw . . .and I was so proud of my rapier-like wit with that 'aspiring' line, too!

No hard feelings, L'il? Actually, I'm going to be 40 next year myself . . .I'm not denigrating 40-year-olds per se, even 40-year-olds who want to pursue an acting career . . .I certainly feel more like 25 myself most days, and am all for making the most of life, regardless of the date on your birth certificate.

Let me rephrase then: Newflash to the ladies: If you are indeed an aspiring actress/model (maybe for a line of swimwear for the active 40-something woman), this method of trying to achieve your dream is even less-flattering on you than it is on a 23-year-old Bachelor hopeful. Not because you are old, ugly or look bad in a bathing suit; in fact you look pretty fine-- but because acting like a backyard Hot tub Hooch is not flattering on ANYbody, regardless of age. While a 23-year-old who pours shots for a living might be forgiven for thinking that playing footsie in the hottub with a strange man (more than one definition of strange in Marty's case!) is a surefire way to be taken as a serious actress, by the time one has reached one's 40s, one would hope that the intervening years have brought better judgement.

There are better ways to achieve acting ambitions (or even a meal ticket, if that's what you're after) than whoring yourself on TV. Be not fooled--Marty doesn't own that lifestyle you're seeing--it's rented for the show, just like the dialogue he's spewing on you. Let cooler heads prevail, and run for the hills while there's still time!

[QUOTE=hikari]because acting like a backyard Hot tub Hooch is not flattering on ANYbody, regardless of age.

No hard feelings ever!! And your statement above "Hot tub Hooch" has me laughing like a nut. Great line. This should be their names. The HotTub Hooches!!

re Marty

I wonder just how much the dad's know about each woman before he finally proposes to one. Would you marry someone you know so little about? Five minutes talking with each lady, a little cuddling, a few kisses, a dance and that is it for a lifetime togetherness!! That is why these shows are strictly for show and nothing more, other than ratings and $$$$$$

If I had been there, I would have found it difficult not to stand up right at that moment, call Lola a prissy idiot, and leave immediately. The fact that the family appeared to agree with her would have been absolute, incontrovertable proof that they were not worth my or anybody else's time.

Preferring the companion animals you've had in your life for possibly 10+ years over some guy you've known for probably a few months is a GOOD point, not a bad. I would not want to marry - or actually want to know - someone who treated their pets like disposable toys and got rid of them (which usually means having them killed) for such a reason. Pets are for life, not for convenience.

And using the word "potty mouth" to describe an adult woman using one borderline-adult word while talking with other adults is just nauseating. That kind of phrase belongs in a kindergarten class.

I sincerely hope that Lola was reading from a script and that her comments were not a reflection of her feelings or of the family's. If they are, heaven help the winner.
    6. A two and one-half octave monophonic Casio keyboard is not an
    appropriate instrument for live solo performances of "I Want You (She's
    So Heavy)".
    -- from Reasons Opus got Fired from the Band

Quote Originally Posted by watsondog
    Preferring the companion animals you've had in your life for possibly 10+ years over some guy you've known for probably a few months is a GOOD point, not a bad. I would not want to marry - or actually want to know - someone who treated their pets like disposable toys and got rid of them (which usually means having them killed) for such a reason. Pets are for life, not for convenience.
    Pets are nice, but they are NOT humans. You do not have a family with them. They are NOT kids, they are animals. I used to feel the same way, as you stated above, until we got a labrador that turned on my 19 month old son, he did nothing, and she lunged at him. She was removed from our home immediately. (This dog was our baby.) Compassion for animals does show a humane said, but when you lose sight of human vs. animals, then I have a problem.

Now, if she chose the cats over the guy because cats are her interest, and he has no interest in cats, then she was probably not in love with him. Because if she loved him, the cats would have not mattered to her. But because she said the guy had allergies, she should have stopped the relationship as soon as she found out it was getting serious. We don't know, however, if the guy actually proposed, or if she was more of the thought, "I can't marry him if he is allergic to something of interest to me", then kicked him to the curb.

My 41 yr old brother died in May of this year. If I had a choice of losing him, or losing my favorite pet, it is an easy choice for me. That's because I love my brother. Does not mean I did not love my favorite dog, just means that my human relationships come first. BOY, how strong that point is made when you lose a person that you are so close to.

So, she either was not in love with the guy to begin with, and using the cat was an excuse, or she has a problem with human relations. JMO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast