+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Been there, done that: The "Mole" topic

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    Aunt/sister-in-law could be either the ex-wife's sister, or it could also be Marty's brother's wife...
    I think it's the pearl-necklace-wearing Lola.... She just doesn't have the typical "40-and-desperate" look that some of the other women have.
    I was going to say that I thought it was Lola too. She just doesnt fit in with the rest of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by budsvtec
    I was going to say that I thought it was Lola too. She just doesnt fit in with the rest of the bunch.
    Kind of like the mole from The Bachelor. It was just too visually obvious to me. :rolleyes

LG.
    Just as a matter of clarification as to whether NBC is "stealing" the mole idea from ABC's The Bachelor, this particular plot device was actually used on NBC's Meet My Folks (same production company as Marry My Dad) more than a year ago when on the three episode story arch in which 8 girls were competing for a date with Dan Maloney, one of the girls was actually a friend of the Maloneys who listened in on the other girls. Soooooo, maybe it was The Bachelor and ABC stealing a page from NBC.
    Last edited by LG.; 06-22-2004 at 04:08 PM.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.
    It was January of 2003 when Meet My Folks implemented the "mole" in the first of three episodes with the Maloney family, BTW. Here's a link to the recap Dan Maloney says "Gimme Gimme S'More Lovin'."
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    Soooooo, maybe it was The Bachelor and ABC stealing a page from NBC.
    It really doesn't bother me that this angle has been played before. I think it adds an interesting angle to the show. There are times I wonder how a show would turn out if those doing the choosing can see footage of those folks interacting with each other or talking amongst themselves.

However, the down side to this whole mole concept is some of the new people being chosen to be on these shows may not be as talkative or tell-tale as we'd like because they will think there is a mole amid the ranks.

What I wanna know is, in the picture of all the ladies, Layne is missing. She was one of them that was let go, but, the other women that were let go are in this picture, things that make ya go hmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    Just as a matter of clarification as to whether NBC is "stealing" the mole idea from ABC's The Bachelor, this particular plot device was actually used on NBC's Meet My Folks (same production company as Marry My Dad) more than a year ago when on the three episode story arch in which 8 girls were competing for a date with Dan Maloney, one of the girls was actually a friend of the Maloneys who listened in on the other girls. Soooooo, maybe it was The Bachelor and ABC stealing a page from NBC.
    But then again, NBC could have looked at the existing ABC reality show (not a dating show) "The Mole" and simply said to themselves... "okay if ABC can have a Mole spying on people to stop them from possibly getting money, why can't WE have a Mole to stop them from possibly getting a date?"

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Lola was pretty lame as the mole. She was way to harsh and not at all pretty. In short, I couldn't stand her.

FORT Fan

Revealing the mole

Why on earth did they reveal Lola so early in the game? They should have had her stay for a few more episodes and REALLY get the scoop on the Barbies. And why did they have her tell what she heard in front of the other women? Not classy or cool. Well, this isn't a classy show anyway. That explains it.

Mole

Lola was short, oldest looking of all the ladies and not that attractive, so it was easy enough to assume she was the mole.
    Because the women were honest in their feelings, re not wanting kids, preferring cats over men if they didn't like cats, etc. doesn't make them bad and that is what Lola said which made her the bad lady-not nice Lola!!
    Machel was so full of herself yet insecure and should never have been on the show. I liked Sarah but she doesn't like to cook so had to go......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast