+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ladies

Quote Originally Posted by gardenia36
    Yep! And what grown woman could possibly agree to marrying some guy she's known three measly weeks who lives in a different city, etc.? It takes time, creativity and flexibility to work out the logistics of a long-distance relationship, even in the best of circumstances. So are we to believe these women are just going to pick up, leave their jobs and uproot their children to go live with delivery boy?? It makes no sense. This a train wreck in the making if I've ever seen one.
    Hikari, I just ranted on another thread about this -- WHO WOULD DO THIS?!?!? Won't repeat myself, but really -- this is bizarro world!!!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    A quote from that article from Ardmore about Stacey:
    "The three girls -- I get goosebumps talking about them. They're all so intelligent and so down-to-Earth. They're all so beautiful and such amazing young women," she said. "We really did become one great big family. It was really hard to say goodbye."

It was really hard to say goodbye??? Doesn't that kind of give away the fact that SHE wasn't the one picked to marry ol' Marty? Not that she should have.....any woman with four failed marriages and a 14 year old daughter and two step-kids in Texas should NOT be marrying some guy from Colorado she's known for a few weeks anyway. Of course I don't think ANY of them should be forced into this shotgun wedding....I think a proposal would have sufficed.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberieblond
    It was really hard to say goodbye??? Doesn't that kind of give away the fact that SHE wasn't the one picked to marry ol' Marty? .
    Even if she were picked, wouldn't she still have to go home until the show had finished airing, to keep the outcome a secret? That would still involve goodbyes, for the time being.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by TvSultan
    Melanie is from Irving...I went to church with her for a while a couple of years back...great girl, good values. She's down to earth and Marty would be getting a 'lifer' if he chose her. She's living in Southern California now, if the rumor I heard was right. She works for a fund company out there, again, if rumor is right. Last I knew for sure was she lived in Colorado (Denver), but it's been several months. I'm hoping she wins this thing, that would be great - for a great girl!

I was wondering about that, with the nbc site listing her as being from california....
    i knew i recognized her from church here in dfw, especially after hearing the skydiving hobby....
    met her a couple of times years ago through our huge singles functions at church and some football watching parties after church on sundays (go cowboys!!)
    she seemed to be the most level-headed and classiest of the bunch, took it gracefully last night being the one asked to leave.
    i hope things are going well for her

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jer2911
    I was wondering about that, with the nbc site listing her as being from california....
    i knew i recognized her from church here in dfw, especially after hearing the skydiving hobby....
    met her a couple of times years ago through our huge singles functions at church and some football watching parties after church on sundays (go cowboys!!)
    she seemed to be the most level-headed and classiest of the bunch, took it gracefully last night being the one asked to leave.
    i hope things are going well for her
    Thanks for the support, everyone! Yes, I'm originally from Irving, Texas. I moved to Denver last September and was living there at the time the show was filmed. I had trouble finding a job in Denver after I got back, so I moved to Woodland Hills, CA when I was offered a job here. In any event, thanks for the positive feedback!

Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by melanie65
    Thanks for the support, everyone! Yes, I'm originally from Irving, Texas. I moved to Denver last September and was living there at the time the show was filmed. I had trouble finding a job in Denver after I got back, so I moved to Woodland Hills, CA when I was offered a job here. In any event, thanks for the positive feedback!

Melanie
    Melanie, nice to see you on the boards! You have lots of fans here at FORT! You seem like such a sweet, gracious, articulate woman and you handled yourself beautifully on the show. All the best to you.

Suzanne is Only 38? OMG

That blonde fake looks like she may have won the Miss America pageant in the mid to late 1960s. To me she looks close to 60. Her big mouth is painted up like Faye Dunaways in Mommie Dearest. She scares me.
    Beauty is a beauty does.

Everyone is posting that the ladies look older than the stated age; I still think the lighting is bad and the makeup is terribe; I'm just a couple of years older than these women, and I and most of the 38-44 year old women I know probably wouldn't look any younger than these women do, if we were made-up for TV. And I've got to say that every one of them has certainly stayed in great shape, and are lucky that their bodies haven't started doing the middle aged thing yet, which I know entirely too much about

Anyway, on last night's show, I couldn't believe Stacy was allowed to stay. She just seems like such a hardass to me!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Everyone is posting that the ladies look older than the stated age; I still think the lighting is bad and the makeup is terribe; I'm just a couple of years older than these women, and I and most of the 38-44 year old women I know probably wouldn't look any younger than these women do, if we were made-up for TV. And I've got to say that every one of them has certainly stayed in great shape, and are lucky that their bodies haven't started doing the middle aged thing yet, which I know entirely too much about
    But Melanie is the same age as Suzanne, and she is shot under the exact same lights as the others. I think some of them (like Spacy) are smokers. Looking at her teeth closely, as she gave her creepy speech (which was probably re-used from her last wedding) her teeth look capped. My guess is she is a smoker. Her skin is too beat.

As for gravity and these women... plastic surgery comes to mind. And did you notice Marilyn does not seem to have "Frown lines" on her forehead. She must be using botox.

I've got to admit, I don't see anything attractive about Stacy. She seems very hard-edged to me, and I think you'd be lucky to get away from her alive if any type of confrontation occurred.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread