+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ladies

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Looks more like Patsy (?) on Absolutely Fabulous to me!
    Well dahhhhlingg...that's exactly the reason why Zaaam is picking her to win..simply because she looks like Patsy.
    (see avatar)

I pick Nicole first (to win) and if she doesn't, then I think it should be Marilyn.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Okay . . .can I just say that I find this 'Middle-aged Bachelorette' concept rather tasteless? As these women got out of the limo one by one, with one age-inappropriate outfit after another, I pitied them. Almost to a woman, they look like they've been schlepping drinks in Vegas too long, or perhaps the casting agents found them standing on a street corner plying their trade?

I'm all for an older woman staying vital and active and caring about her appearance, but . . .is a pleated miniskirt that barely covers your crotch suitable attire if you're 45 years old? Even if the legs are still killer? Decking these ladies out in something their teenage daughters would buy at the mall is just . . .wrong and desperate.

I've watched many reality shows, and light makeup is not a hallmark of them. But . . I NEVER saw as much heavy makeup and overprocessed hair as I saw last night. It was truly frightening. How sad that to be considered attractive in our TV-pop culture, it's not enough for these 40-something women to be fit and perky, but that they have to sport bleached within an inch of its life Barbie-doll hair and enough makeup to supply the entire Miss America pageant, prancing around in little outfits straight out of a Britney Spears video. How narrow our definition of attractive has become--that a woman in her 40s can only be considered desirable if she pretends to be a college coed.

Very undignified for everyone concerned.

Some of these women are DEFinitely shaving a decade off their ages . . .That one who claims to be 36, for example--well, I'm two years older than that, and she's lying, not with all those eye lines is she only 36. ('course the 24-year-old daughter has more eye lines than I do, so maybe I'm just aging really well . . .)

They've already booted the two er, 'women' that looked like post-op transsexuals, so perhaps all the remaining ladies are what, and how old, they say they are . . .

Yeah, . . .and George Clooney has agreed to marry me. Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    They've already booted the two er, 'women' that looked like post-op transsexuals, so perhaps all the remaining ladies are what, and how old, they say they are . . .

Yeah, . . .and George Clooney has agreed to marry me. Whatever!
    you're on a roll today hikari. The first one eliminated looked like she was wearing a mask for crying out loud.

I thought these women were a little over done for their meet and greet too. Most of them toned it down a bit by day two (thank heavens).

The chick that alleges she's 34 needs to grow up and get out more to clubs with folks her own age. I was hoping they would drop kick her right to the curb with her luggage. Especially after she got her necklace. You'd think he was her sugar daddy. Can you say Anna Nicole?

Quote Originally Posted by Corine
    Sarah looks like Kelly-jo in about 15-20 years.
    When I saw her I thought that right away too. I think she looks exactly like her. Its bugging me now because I want to know who the Mole is...

Does anyone know why the lady that was booted off last night, I think her name was Layne, is not in the picture of all the ladies. Or was her name just left out?? Just wondering.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    The chick that alleges she's 34 needs to grow up and get out more to clubs with folks her own age. I was hoping they would drop kick her right to the curb with her luggage. Especially after she got her necklace. You'd think he was her sugar daddy. Can you say Anna Nicole?
    Besides the girl with the mask that looked way older than 36 that got the boot last night, this is the girl (Sharon I think) that annoyed me the most last night. What was up with her outfit? I imagine she felt very out of place among the other ladies wearing that silly short skirt and knee high boots. I was just cringing for her. Fashion police stat!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

FORT Fanatic
    Sarah at 31 and Machel at 32 are simply too young. COnsidering his oldest daughter is 28, it'd be like another daughter as opposed to a wife!

As for the cracks about his job....he's had steady employment in sales/distribution for Frito Lay for 26 years! He might not make a mint but haven't viewers said over and over again that they'd like to see a reality romance with 'regular' people...as opposed to the rich and famous.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    As for the cracks about his job....he's had steady employment in sales/distribution for Frito Lay for 26 years! He might not make a mint but haven't viewers said over and over again that they'd like to see a reality romance with 'regular' people...as opposed to the rich and famous.
    Not only that, but wasn't it mentioned that he put all three girls through college? I give him props. You go big daddy!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    "big daddy"? Uhh...ohh God...I'm feeling sickkkk.....

You're scaring me funnygirl.
    Last edited by Maveno; 06-22-2004 at 05:30 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by kraziladi
    OK out of the blocks, I'm liking Lola. She seems old enough and presents herself as more mature (my opinion from the picture).

Deborah looks like Morgan Fairchild.

Agree with berries on the Ivanna Trump, Kelly Jo, and Suzie matches!
    Lola? You might want to check out the "spoilers" section. Though I am sure that she is nice...

+ Reply to Thread