+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The Ladies

FORT Regular
    and PPS. I wanted GWEN TO WIN TOO!

DB, just giving you a hard time. I love you.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMom
    well shoot, I dont know how to post that reply so you can tell which is me and which is you! let me try to go color it, sorry.
    If you want the replies to look like this one will, what you can do is hit the "quote" button below the post of the person you wish to respond to then type after the quote you'll see in the posting box. If you want to respond to a series of comments like you did, it's a little more of a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerMom
    What is NBC not showing us? They do not show how she is there for those women off camera, they do not show all the practical jokes all of the women pulled, nor the laughing together they all had.
    From what you've said as well as what some of the cast who has come to the board has said, it sounds like they had a better time in the house than we saw. Sometimes I think the producers of these shows have very different ideas of what we want to see than we do. I think I would have preferred to see some of the practical jokes in the house than that lie detector nonsense. :rolleyes

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    I think I would have preferred to see some of the practical jokes in the house than that lie detector nonsense. :rolleyes
    I would rather see a test pattern then lie-detector guy. I would love to see the practical jokes, these shows take themselves so seriously it's hilarious. I would much rather the producers show us the people involved just being themselves rather than manufacturing drama with their editing. It wouldn't be as much fun to screen cap though...

The whole lie detector thing was stale by the second episode! :phhht Endless minutes of the same footage of watching the arms of the machine make little squiggles on the paper... ARRGGGHHHH!! That was some of the worst television I've ever seen! Not once since the first episode of this show have they shown Marty having an actual conversation with anyone!! In the first episode where the women went to see him at the jewellery store had more real getting-to-know-you conversation than any episode since then!
    I think I only continued to watch this show because it's on right after FLOM, and I'm lazy!

Nobody on this show is great on camera, but Marty is the worst.

Any scene with Marty in it is glaringly scripted, in my opinion. Let's face it, he's not the best actor in the world, and yet we are to believe that what comes out of his mouth has not been suggested (I'm being kind, here) to him? His stupid comments at the end of the day, and his mundane comments about the ice cream, for example, are so forced, you can practically see the cue cards in the distance. :phhht

berries, I am lazy, too, and besides I think I like to gripe. I'm probably much easier to live with, ridding my hostility here than at home! Mr. Roseskid could probably verify! He just said "YES"!
    Last edited by roseskid; 07-23-2004 at 08:15 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Regular
    On the lie detector, the 3rd needle from the top is not moving, it is a flat line. That is the GSR, breathing part, and not hooked up. The lie detector is bogus IMHO.

Looks like it is unanimous - this is the lamest show on TV at the moment. It is almost excruciating to watch it. Marty has no personality - what a blah, boring guy. The daughters are crying every other minute about something. And, they totally dominate their dad. The two remaining women must have an ulterior motive for being on this show, it certainly can't be to win Mr. Blah and become stepmom to three controlling women. If the "winner" ever came between dad and the girls, who do you think he'd choose?

Who'd he choose? Hmmmmmm. Who'd the girls TELL him to choose???

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    Also, just a note about Stacy...
    Did anyone notice that on the website it says her job is "controller" (slash accountant). I found the "controller" part to be ironic, as she seems to be a controller-wannabe.
    Heck...Stacy can't even control her farts
    Last edited by Zaaam; 07-26-2004 at 06:52 PM.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

+ Reply to Thread