+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ladies

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by melanie65
    Stacy's sense of humor helped me through some difficult moments and I miss her! I miss that sense of humor! And that body!! Holy cow! I referred to her "rockin' bod" many times! I've been working out for 19 years straight and I've never looked as good as she does!
    I was not even born that size! I think I was a 6x when I was born!!!
    girl, you looked pretty rockin yourself in that dress, WOW!!! that was beautiful!!! did you get to keep the dress? I know thats a silly question, just wondering.

and yep her sense of humor can make you double over at times! and her sincerity is awesome. When you need a friend, you can sure count on her! IM DYIN here waiting to see if she is the one!!!

FORT Regular
    Thanks TigerMom! I loved that dress, I really did! I don't think it came across as pretty on TV as it was in real life though. Just my opinion.
    girl, Im telling you you looked fabulous in that dress, and it was beautiful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerMom
    have you ever thought that it may not be her fault that she is divorced??? there are circumstances totally out of her hands that could have happened. Im not comfortable about talking about children her's or anyone else's on the internet. especially if they are under 18.
    That is true too.. but divorce 3 or 4 times, are you telling us all the divorces were the ex spouses fault? We all know it takes two to make a marriage, as well as two to break one.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    That is true too.. but divorce 3 or 4 times, are you telling us all the divorces were the ex spouses fault? We all know it takes two to make a marriage, as well as two to break one.
    nope not telling you that this is their faults, but I wanted you to think about yet another side of a story that you might not know!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Hey CB! I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this one. It takes two to make a marriage but only one to break it. I'm divorced (over 12 years now) because my ex-husband found someone else he wanted. I tried to hold it together by recommending counseling and refusing a divorce, but that fixed nothing. He wanted someone else, he got her! It's conceivable that Stacy was done wrong one time or more, though I have no more information about that than anyone else. I'm just saying that one person's choices can ruin a marriage.

Hey CB! I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this one. It takes two to make a marriage but only one to break it. I'm divorced (over 12 years now) because my ex-husband found someone else he wanted. I tried to hold it together by recommending counseling and refusing a divorce, but that fixed nothing. He wanted someone else, he got her! It's conceivable that Stacy was done wrong one time or more, though I have no more information about that than anyone else. I'm just saying that one person's choices can ruin a marriage.
    I have been divorced twice.. and both marriages I had faults, just as much as my ex spouses did that led to the failure of them. (That is what I mean when I said two to break one). I applaud you on recommending marriage counseling, but when one partner doesnt want to committ or honor the vows, sweetie you are much better without them.

FORT Regular
    thank you and very much agreed! you never know when unsuspecting circumstances are going to pop up! Melanie, he didnt deserve you! you are so sweet!

Hey Melanie-
    Loved you on the show, but you should be dating younger guys, since you look so young and have such a youthful way about you.

About the "wanting someone else". Makes sense, but 3 or 4 times??? C'mon. We are not talking one man, we are talking 2 or 3 different guys. So what does one person lack that her next hubby, and next hubby and NEXT hubby go outside the marriage. Stacy sucks at judging good hubbys from bad, or she is so tough to live with that they want to escape the marriage?

Again, I do not fault anyone for falling in love with someone else while married to another (it happens, and that is reality) but there comes a time when you have 3 or 4 failed marriages, a child, and you are only 39 yrs young that you need to look at yourself and say, "I gotta be doing something wrong". :rolleyes (Maybe it's the "gas".)

By the way, I am sorry, though you did look amazing in that wedding gown, I did not like the dress. Stacy's was the worst with those little "cucaracha" flaps on the back, and Marilyn's chest did not seem to support her dress too well, either (or perhaps it was her posture wearing the dress). I liked Suzanne's and Nicole's.

hi Melanie,
    I thought you were great on the show also but shocked when i seen you - i was thinking what is that young ( i thought you were in your 20's ) gal doing on there - I hope that you find your soul mate one day soon - cause you look more like you could be one of marty's daughters.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Just for those that didn't get a pm here is a note
    There seems to be some confusion about a few things on our site re the nonsense that went on in the show thread for July 20 Who Wants to Marry My Dad?

Please let us clear up a few things for you. This isn't new - it's in our site FAQ which you were asked to read BEFORE you signed on as a site member, and is also available at the top of each page. One of our mods did try and set things straight to no avail and more grumblings of I have a right to bash everyone who doesn't agree , and most distastefully my family member is fighting for freedom of speech..

Re bashing other members who don't agree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    We do not allow flaming, baiting, or insults of other members of our site. We enforce this rule strictly.
    Contestants of a reality show, having voluntarily agreed to appear on our televisions, are open for criticism and praise, and everything in between, assuming it falls within the bounds of the rest of our rules.
    You don't have to agree with another member's opinion, but you DO have to respect it, and realize that it IS just an opinion, which may differ greatly from your own.
    Along the same lines, comments like "you must be deaf if you don't hear what I hear", "anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot", and so on are not acceptable. Practice the golden rule, and treat others like you would want to be treated.
    Our contestant threads are NOT specifically for "only good comments" regarding that contestant. They are for discussion of that contestant, both good and bad. We are not a fan-site for any one contestant, or any one show.
    Members who are flaming, baiting, or insulting other members will be removed from the site. And a special note here: if you ARE a contestant on a reality show, and you choose to visit our site, then you will be required to obey these same rules, and not insult our members for commenting on the characters on a TV show. We expect everyone to play nice.
    If you can't discern the difference between disagreeing with a fellow member respectfully, and outright bashing them , then you don't belong here.

RE Freedom of speech and family members apparently only fighting for the freedom to insult others on a message board

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    We often hear cries of "free speech" and so on. So, let's be blunt: you have no freedom of speech. The "free speech" claim is part of the first amendment. But what you fail to post is the entire sentence, which reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech." Now, if you can tell me where in there that it says you can say whatever you want on our privately-owned and operated site, you can have all the freedom you want - somewhere else. Or, you can send me a large check, let me retire to the Bahamas, and do what you want here. Until then, get over it.
    I hope there is no further confusion on this matter and no more nonsense back and forth in this forum.

Eny for the Mod team
    Last edited by eny; 07-21-2004 at 10:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread