+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Marty Okland, the "Dad"

FORT Newbie
    You can have and voice your opinion and so can I.

Yes, we can ALL voice our opinions about contestants on the show. But members of the site are not so open to those opinions and criticisms. So, bag on Dad, or praise his virtues, I could care less. But respect my right to do the same. Once again, per our rules you agreed to when you signed up.

I don't think Dad is very attractive, but my kids said "at least this one has hair!"
    (Note: my husband and father of my 2 girls ... bald.)

He has attractive daughters, and he's being made to look like a great dad, hope that's the case. The jewelry thing was a great way to meet the hopefuls. I'm just hoping he took notes as they left the room.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Being an "older lady" who tries to stay in shape and moisturized (without resorting to surgery), with a fit, 58 year old hottie for a husband, I will judge Marty from a little different perspective - being older rather than younger than him.

For 46/47 year old (he gave his age as 46), he is good looking, fit, but gets a bit too much sun which will creep up on him in a few years. He seems to be a good father with three lovely, well adjusted daughters who seem to adore him. His wife probably left him to "find herself" at middle age and sow a few wild oats (they were together since teenage).

Although charming and gracious, he lacks charisma. He is too controlled and sweet. He needs a little bite to his personality to be really appealing - a little salt with the sugar. I can see how is daughters were able to talk him into this show. He is used to having a woman around and wants to fill the emptiness. He is probably willing to do this hoping someone will click. Unfortunately, having someone else eliminate and pick a mate for you without consulting you (is that what they do?), is a strange way to go about it. Maybe this is why, this type of show rarely succeeds in finding someone really right for the individual. What about chemistry? Who is he attracted too? What if one of those women who they rejected was Ms. Right?

I have never watched any of these kids or parents pick for you shows - except Cupid which was stupid, but everyone knew who she really wanted.

Another comment - why one earth did the girls keep the 34 year old with the mini skirt. She is waaaay too young for Dad - both in age and attitude? They should have gotten rid of her rather than the three more suitable ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by aname

Another comment - why one earth did the girls keep the 34 year old with the mini skirt. She is waaaay too young for Dad - both in age and attitude? They should have gotten rid of her rather than the three more suitable ladies.
    I thought so too. I hope Marty doesn't turn out to be too hung up about age; I did notice that all the women are at least five yars younger, unless I missed one. Anyway, I like Suzanne the best for Marty, at least so far, even if I don't like her hairdo very much!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Newbie

Marty obviously has $$$$

Hi all,

Although Marty is a "driver" for Frito he must make decent money because all 3 daughters have graduated from college; even with scholarships (if applicable) it's still quite expensive.

These girls need to respect Dad's opinion regarding the women he likes and dislikes. The daughters are women not children who will be living in the home.

all the wanna-be wives are

I think the girls did better this week, and they were really upset at letting anyone go this week. The only thing I wondered was Marilyn being polygraphed again, but I guess they had to pick someone, so it might as well be her.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by barbee
    Hi all,

Although Marty is a "driver" for Frito he must make decent money because all 3 daughters have graduated from college; even with scholarships (if applicable) it's still quite expensive.
    Actually, they could have taken out a substantial amount of loans to get through college. In fact, one of the questions the girls posed during the lie detector test was if they were willing to pay off her (the daughter's) debt. So putting 3 children through college doesn't necessarily mean you have $.

FORT Newbie

I like him

I really like Marty. I've never watched this before but I've become addicted to it. I also find Marty really attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by barbee
    he daughters are women not children who will be living in the home.
    The girls don't live at home still.

Nicole went to college in Hawaii and still lives there. Jennifer is into real estate and has lived in San Diego for almost three years. Brooke lives in Westminster, CO and has worked for the same company for the past six years.

All of the girl are very independent.

+ Reply to Thread