+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty Okland, the "Dad"

He turned out to be slightly better looking on the show than in just still shots... I don't know about these women thinking he was HOT though... I mean, he's not UGLY, but... hot?!?! I dunno about that!

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    He turned out to be slightly better looking on the show than in just still shots... I don't know about these women thinking he was HOT though... I mean, he's not UGLY, but... hot?!?! I dunno about that!
    I'm kind of in to him. He seems genuinely "nice". The kids would drive me up the wall with all the water-works, but mostly they seem nice. We'll see as the show goes on. I didn't like the very last bit with him on the couch with the "mole". He seemed a little too smug in that scene. :rolleyes

FORT Regular
    Marty is an attractive man considering his age. If you were to judge him against your average 48 year old guy Im sure there are plenty of women around his age(or younger some women like older men) that would consider him hot. Seemed like a nice guy to me.

WHAT?!?!?!?!? He's a delivery man in Colorado? So, do I not understand something? Is this his real house, or is it an NBC house they have rented? The girls said, "Welcome to our house", when they opened the doors. And do they have palm trees in Colorado, or is this filmed in LA? I am so confused. . . . .
    Obviously I am not as familiar with this premise, as I am the other "must-see" reality shows. Can someone enlighten me???

Just read the rest of the posts and it should all start to come together for you.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    WHAT?!?!?!?!? He's a delivery man in Colorado? So, do I not understand something? Is this his real house, or is it an NBC house they have rented? The girls said, "Welcome to our house", when they opened the doors. And do they have palm trees in Colorado, or is this filmed in LA? I am so confused. . . . .
    Obviously I am not as familiar with this premise, as I am the other "must-see" reality shows. Can someone enlighten me???
    Not his house, from my understanding. NBC rents the house, much like The Bachelor does not own the house he lives in.

The girls are SO caught up in the whole thing, they probably CONVINCED themselves that it IS their house. "reality" tv? I think not.

I can't wait for the women to find out he's a junk food driver... there goes the hips, butt, thighs... buh-bye firmness... hello cellulite. Just think... all the chips you can eat for the rest of your life. Sounds like paradise....

[QUOTE=lil'olme]Not his house, from my understanding. NBC rents the house, much like The Bachelor does not own the house he lives in.

The girls are SO caught up in the whole thing, they probably CONVINCED themselves that it IS their house.

Ok, starting to understand better. Can't believe I fell for this. So, do the women know he's a delivery truck driver yet, or is this some of the compelling information they will learn about him as their relationships develop. . . falling over laughing now. . .. .

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    Also, anyone else find him rather boring? He just doesn't seem to have any charisma or humor. Very serious. And is he intelligent? Dunno yet. I'm getting the creeps from this show already. It's weird to see women in their 30s and 40s say they could marry a guy they've known all of five minutes.

The house is an NBC house, which is necessary because of the need for cameras in all the rooms, multiple phone and fax lines, etc. Rather than put holes in all the walls of the Okland house and pay for any damages, NBC has a set-up house in LA.

Well . . .I found him more attractive on the show than in this photo, but . . . probability of hair plugs seems rather high.

And dude . . .lose the chain. Necklaces look stupid on a man older than 20. This is not 'Who Wants to Marry My Pimp-Daddy", after all.

I can't help distrusting a man who would agree to leaving such an important life decision to his 20-something daughters on national TV, but that aside . . .I find him attractive. Obviously in the money, since he's got an estate with his name on it, my god! I thought at first that they were staying at some golf resort, but that's their actual HOME . . .goodness sakes.

How old IS Marty, anyway? The resemblance to William H. Macy, one of my favorite actors, is very pronounced. I'm 38, and I would consider him a 'good catch'.

That is, if he loses the neck chain.

+ Reply to Thread