+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty Okland, the "Dad"

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Any bets this guy drives a two seater convertible?
    *cough*midlife crisis*cough*

Seriously, ol' Dad's not that bad looking, but I'm interested to see how old he is. Some of the women look very young and he looks, well, old....with some "youthful enhancements" of course.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

This is what NBC says about him:

Marty Okland, a native of Owatonna, Minnesota, is 47 years old and lives in a small town in Colorado just north of Denver. He got married when he was 18 and had three daughters – Nicole (age 28), Jennifer (age 27), and Brooke (age 25).

Marty works in sales and distribution for Frito Lay, and has worked there for 26 years. He heard about the “Dad” auditions on the radio and decided to try out in the hopes of finding someone with whom he could spend the rest of his life. His daughters were all very supportive of him doing the show, as was his ex-wife.

In his free time, Marty enjoys dancing, landscaping, playing golf, hiking, horseback riding, playing poker and traveling.

Reality show's bachelor is divorced deliveryman

Associated Press
    Jun. 16, 2004 08:43 AM

LONGMONT, Colo. - The latest bachelor on the NBC reality show "Who Wants to Marry My Dad?" is a divorced delivery man for Frito-Lay who says he "can't think of a better way to meet someone."

Marty Okland is this season's bachelor whose daughters pick his new love from 13 women over a three-week period. Okland said he heard a casting call on the radio.

"I was ready for a new lease on life," he said Monday. "My girls are 29, 27 and 24. I was married for 27 years to a wonderful lady, and now I'm ready to find someone special. I wanted to give this a try."

Okland, 47, said he and his ex-wife are still friends and that she's in favor of the TV show. Of course, he had to run the idea by his daughters.

Daughter Nicole, who lives in Hawaii, told her father he would always wonder if he didn't try "and so I did it," Okland said.

He called daughter Brooke, the only daughter who lives in state, and asked her to drive to Denver with him for final auditions.

"She was surprised when I told her what I was doing, but very supportive," he said.

While the filming was exhausting, Okland said he also found it exhilarating.

"It was nice to see things from a different perspective," Okland said. "I can't think of a better way to meet someone. You're not being set up by friends or family or meeting at a bar."
    http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/art...chelor-ON.html

He must be VERY recently divorced if he's 47 and was married for 27 years. That's not cool, is it?

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    He must be VERY recently divorced if he's 47 and was married for 27 years. That's not cool, is it?
    Well in fact, since you forced me to do the math (), he must have had his first daughter when he was 18 and didn't marry until she became pregnant with the second child at 20. So basically, he's been with the same girl since he was 18. WOW!

So, Marty must be single and ready to be mingle. Marry though? I'd be leary of the wet ink on those divorce papers.

Of course, Marty could be suffering from odometer roll back....you know, 47 and holding.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I have to say that Marty looked much younger (and better looking) in the commercial I saw last night than in the publicity photos. He sure seems different than last year's dad.

I am not getting any warm and fuzzies from this guy. He looks a bit older than 47 (closer to early 50's). However, the picture makes him look dorky (not a good smile). He looks better on the promos on TV. He has not been divorced long enough. Maybe he should have tried internet dating first.

One of his daughters should have taken him somewhere for a style makeover - new hairstyle anyway!! That's what makes him look much older than 47!

He may have been officially divorced for only 2 years but who knows how long since his marriage was over and done with.

Well at least he's got hair!
    Last edited by Krispy; 06-21-2004 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy
    He may have been officially divorced for only 2 years but who knows how long since his marriage was over and done with.

Well at least he's got hair!
    He does, but it looks rather "pluggy."

I wasn't feeling all that interested in the show this time around, but I watched tonight in a "why not" sort of mood, and I thought he seemed nice enough.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread