+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Marty Okland, the "Dad"

FORT Newbie

A Delivery Driver????

Where did you guys get the infromation regarding Marty being a "Driver" for Frito Lay?I was just wondering because all it said on the official website was that he worked in sales and distribution for Frito Lay. It also says that he has worked there for 27 years...... After 27 years I highly doubt his position in the company would be that of a delivery driver???? I am just curious as to how you found out he was a driver??? Thanks Guys!!! I look forward to reading any responses that you may have. Take Care!!

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Art_930
    No it's not Marty's house. At the end of the show there's a trailer saying that the Oklands do not live in this house.
    That goes by so fast on the screen, I can't read it (I don't have TIVO or anything)...I am assuming it says that the producers had input but the decisions were left up to the contestants, right? does it say where that house is? It must be me or maybe my observations skills...but it looks like the same house that a lot of these reality shows are filmed in.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I have to say I am baffled that the girls keep asking if the women would pay off their loans. The girls have graduated, and they should be fully able to pay off their own loans, it is not their parents duty to pay them. I am hoping that they are asking the question only to find out who is truthful enough and has the spine to tell them to pay their own loans. Kind of a trap question, they are hopefully hoping for a "no" for that question, and so far the women have passed. If the girls are hoping for "yes", then all I have to say is .

I've noticed several "trap" questions and I don't really understand the point. :phhht For example, "Is there anything you don't like about our Dad?" (from the first episode I believe).... NO ONE is going to like every single thing about Dadtox or anyone , and "would you cook us dinner every Sunday night (???). Either way, you're stuck. Either you give the "bad" answer or you're lying.
    Last edited by geekgirl; 07-21-2004 at 04:44 AM.

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keok1
    Where did you guys get the infromation regarding Marty being a "Driver" for Frito Lay?

If you go to the main Marty thread, there are a couple of articles posted that state that he is a deliveryman. Here's one. Marty Okland, the "Dad"

Welcome to the FORT keok1.

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

keok1 - are you one of the Okland daughters? Just wondering

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    ...Dadtox... .
    Too funny geekgirl!!! Hopefully it catches and you get the credit for coining it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Regular
    Deliveryman is a confusing term. What I think he probably does is that he owns his own "route". Meaning he paid Frito Lay for the right to service a bunch of stores. The people that do this can make six figures.
    Last edited by Brannigan73; 07-22-2004 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan73
    Deliveryman is a confusing term. What I think he probably does is that he owns his own "route". Meaning he paid Frito Lay for the right to service a bunch of stores. The people that do this can make six figures.
    Yikes...for delivering fritos!?!? I'm in the wrong business. Excuse me, I have to make a few phonecalls......
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Regular
    It costs a lot of money to get one of these things and it is a lot of work is my understanding. Im not sure how it works exactly but i know I have seen these in the help wanted section of the paper before. Im not trying to imply he is rich just that he could probably make a pretty comfortable living(upwards of 100K) if this is what we are talking about.
    Last edited by Brannigan73; 07-22-2004 at 12:44 PM.

FORT Newbie
    I don't think he's making 6 figures. This is an excerpt from Bouldernews:

"LONGMONT ó Marty Okland's daily Frito-Lay distribution route has taken longer than normal for the past few weeks, since the Longmont father of three became a reality TV superstar.

The star of NBC's "Who Wants To Marry My Dad?" show gets stopped almost everywhere he goes by people who recognize his face. Employees at the stores he delivers to grill him with questions and want his autograph."

If he was making 6 figures, I don't think he'd be doing his deliveries personally. hahaha :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread