+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2:01 - The Maloneys (Jan. 20, 21, and 25)

LG.
    that makes sense, really, as the one ad I did see (I'm sure it wasn't a figment of my imagination) was never replayed again during which time I think they were rethinking the schedule, waiting to see if JM was going to be competition they wanted to avoid.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

MEET MY FOLKS
    THE MALONEYS, Part I

01-20-2003 10:00PM (1 hour)

Eight beautiful women vie for a trip to Europe with one man when NBC's hit dating reality series returns with a special three-episode arc airing Monday, January 20 (10-11 p.m. ET), Tuesday, January 21 (10-11 p.m. ET) and Saturday, January 25 (10-11 p.m.). But before Jim and Julie Maloney choose the girl who will accompany their son, Daniel, to Europe, all of the girls will spend time at the Maloney's home, each trying to convince the parents that she is the best match for their son. During their time together, each contestant's character and intentions are put to the ultimate test through a series of revealing conversations and interactions, plus the famed "lie detector" test which is held at a surprising location. "Meet My Folks" is from NBC Studios and Nash Entertainment. Bruce Nash ("World's Most Amazing Videos") and Scott Satin ("The Most Outrageous Game Show Moments") are the executive producers..

I saw more previews this week for the show.

At first I was a little concerned about the single guy over three different episodes approach, but it looks like some of the women are real entertaining in this one.

One may have been caught on video rifling through the Mom's purse (how much you wanna bet she was told too via fax?)... and another seems to attempt to get out of the lie detector by claiming to feel dizzy.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Seems like the Maloneys rather enjoy slamming on the girls, and in fact, don't mind slamming their son on National TV...

Granted, these aren't exactly prize marriage candidates here, but she is one MiL I would have trouble with.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Newbie

The Maloneys are bologna

Somebody please give Mrs. Maloney some Geritol and some Milk of Magnesia, because she's the best example of anal retention I've seen exploit herself so willingly! I'm sure I'm her age or more, but she's living in the DARK AGES! Also, if Dan is a "good looking" man, then please, somebody clue me into what metrix beauty standards have reduced to! His features are too small, unregular, and he looks like one girl said, "a wimp."

I thought most of the girls were refreshing, cute, and I liked the fact that they were honest about their past experiences. Who hasn't done something when they were young? Oh, I forgot...Dan! Well, that explains why the two that answered that they would prefer to go to Europe, sans Dan, said that right at the beginning. That would have been MY first impression too. After all, when did MOMMA'S BOY become the rave with college educated, independent women?

In all, I thought the parents were sadists, especially the insecure comment by Mrs. Maloney, "she's going to have to kiss up to me." The last thing I EVER want from one of my son's girlfriends is kissing up! But then, I don't have to pimp my son out on a t.v. show to have him date. Oh well, at least we know Dan will be a pathetic poorly aged bald man, like his gross father. I give the whole family a thumbs down. They are simply poorly bred, ill mannered, and vulgarly too confident over virtually NOTHING! My bet, would be the girl goes to Europe and dumps Danny for a REAL CATCH!

Yeah, she's a serious control freak. I watched only the first 15 minutes of this, but the "Dirty Little Secrets" thing was pretty funny.

Dan is definitely a Playa.

see, although I don't find dan attractive, I don't have a problem with the folks.... Well, I did want her to shut up about how great looking he is. I turned to my husband and said, yeah but she's his Mom

Other than that, if I had turned on the TV to hear my son telling some girl to take his pants off, I woulda gone ballistic too. WTF... Five minutes you've known this girl, now on TV you're going to act like an ass? I'd have told him he was an embarrasment.

The two they picked for the lie detector test... hmmm, not sure I would have picked those two. I would, in fact have asked if I could pick Dan. (loser).

Also, I wonder who really comes up with the questions to ask. The worst one, in my opinion, was "If my son doesn't want to sleep with you would you break up with him" Well, no crap people, if he doesn't want to sleep with her, then really aren't they just friends? Wouldn't HE break up with her :rolleyes

Loved the MOLE in the beginning though! Hilarious. Hopefully all episodes have been filmed ant that trend continues. That would be too funny.

OH... Welcome airesfloa
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fanatic

The Maloney Family (PICS)

ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

I acutally watched a bit. The bit where the blonde in pink fainted or whatever. Also, lie dectors? Lie. Seriously. She flunked like every question. They don't always tell the truth. I flunked my name on a lie detector test once.

LG.
    thanks so much for grabbing and posting the pics, Brian, as it is nearly impossible to keep these ladies organized without some visual aids.

Super job!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast