+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NBC Press Release 12/16

NBC Press Release 12/16

NBC RE-INTRODUCES 'MEET MY FOLKS' AS REALITY SERIES RETURNS WITH DOUBLE-EPISODE PREVIEW ON JANUARY 20
    Published: December 16, 2002

TWO EPISODES ON PREVIEW NIGHT ARE FIRST OF THREE-PART ARC THAT CONCLUDES WITH PREMIERE

BURBANK - December 16, 2002 - NBC will return its hit summer reality series “Meet My Folks” with a special preview of two new episodes on Monday, Jan. 20 (9-10 p.m. ET and 10-11 p.m. ET) as part of a three-story arc that concludes with the series premiere in its regular day and time of Saturday, Jan. 25 (10-11 p.m. ET), it was announced today by Jeff Zucker, President, NBC Entertainment.

"We're excited to return to Saturday nights with one of the strongest shows from last summer, and we think viewers will once again respond to this fun, light-hearted reality show," said Zucker.

NBC’s dating-reality series will return with a few changes after last summer’s initial run with more outrageous twists, turns and special episodes as parents decide the best person to date their child. The series was the number-three show of the summer among adults 18-49 with an average of a 5.2 rating and a 14 share. It was a top-10 show in total viewers with an average of 10.7 million persons on Mondays (10-11 p.m. ET).

The new shows will feature several new twists and special episodes, including a three-part show that finds eight beautiful girls vying for a trip to Europe with one guy -- each hoping to convince his parents that she is the best match for their son. There will also be a special “Meet My Kids” episode, where teenage children get to pick the best man or woman to date their single parent, and a very special show where the parents must pick the best mate for their son out of a pair of twins.

Viewers of the top-rated summer series can also expect to see more outrageous “secret tasks” for the suitors, more shocking revelations about each player’s past and a surprising setting for one episode’s notorious “lie detector” test.

"Meet My Folks" is from NBC Studios and Nash Entertainment. Bruce Nash ("World's Most Amazing Videos") and Scott Satin ("The Most Outrageous Game Show Moments," "Extreme Gong Show") are executive producers.

LG.
    My My Kids and pick from the twins - it looks like they do have some interesting ideas on tap for this season.

Thanks John.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Even more outrageous.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I'm pleased they're trying to comie up with a few format twists for this season. Should help to keep the show fresh.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread