+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Man Who Proposed on TV Says No Wedding

Man Who Proposed on TV Says No Wedding

Man Who Proposed on TV Says No Wedding

37 minutes ago

CINCINNATI - The star of NBC's "Who Wants to Marry My Dad?" is remaining a bachelor.

Don Mueller, of suburban Cincinnati, said his proposal to a California woman is off because neither one wanted to relocate. Mueller proposed to Christena Ferran, of San Diego, on the Aug. 11 episode after his four grown children selected her to become his wife.

"We agreed mutually that neither of us would relocate," said Mueller, 48, owner of a map printing business in Fairfield. "She has two kids in high school, a junior and a sophomore, and their dad is a very active part of their life. I can't leave the company I founded 25 years ago, and my grandson is here."

Ferran, in her early 40s, didn't want to uproot her daughters from California, where she's active with charities and as a champion Arabian horse rider.

Mueller met last weekend with Ferran in San Diego. It was the first time he had visited her home, and only the sixth time they had been together since the engagement ceremony was taped in late May.

While in California, Mueller visited with his daughter Heidi, 21, and son Chris, 22, in Los Angeles. Heidi makes her acting debut Oct. 24 on NBC's "Passions" drama. Chris went to Los Angeles to pursue modeling and acting.

Mueller said one of the reasons he agreed to the show was that it allowed him time to visit with his children in California.

"The honest reason I did it was so I could spend three weeks of my life with my kids as adults," he said. "I knew it would never happen again."

No surprise there. I still think they should have picked Christy. They had more chemistry.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    No surprise there. I still think they should have picked Christy. They had more chemistry.
    ditto

hmm... i saw them on tv (john walsh show, i think) just a couple of weeks ago, and they seemed all happy and stuff. do any tv romances really work??? i'm beginning to think that possibly these reality shows aren't really real. < /sarcasm >
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

FORT Newbie
    Why is the world would someone go through all that, apply to be on the show, etc., when they already know their limits of things like relocating? You'd a thunk the Dad let the kids know ahead of time that they needed to screen for willingness to relocate early on in the elimination process. Jeez.

FORT Newbie
    Why is the world would someone go through all that, apply to be on the show, etc., when they already know their limits of things like relocating? You'd a thunk the Dad let the kids know ahead of time that they needed to screen for willingness to relocate early on in the elimination process. Jeez.

FORT Newbie

Who wants to marry my dad wedding off

They have decided not to marry, since neither wanted to relocate! Why didn't they discuss that before he picked her, he should have picked Christy!

FORT Regular

Slitzville for Don & Christine

I read this weekend in one of the entertainment magazines that the happy couple has broken up. They say it was the distance between them. She was still in Ohio I think and he is in Cali. Wonder if he gave the other blonde chick a call. Thats the one he really wanted anyway.

One of my friends talked to Don and his daughter Heidi a few weeks ago and they mentioned that he was no longer with Christena.

+ Reply to Thread