+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The truth about Christena.....

FORT Newbie

The truth about Christena.....

For all of you who don't know her and are just judging by a reality show where they can manipulate things----I know many people that have known Christena for a long time and they say that she is one of the most wonderful, giving, caring and fun people that they have ever known. For the few years that I have known her, I have been amazed at how truly genuine and heartfelt she is, how easy she is to get along with and how many people just love her. She is an incredible mother and a very dedicated friend and would do anything for anybody. She is also very beautiful and is in awesome shape. I've heard from very reliable sources that Don and the kids truly liked her and bonded with her from the very beginning. They needed to create a tension along the way in various ways to make it a good show. She is definitely not a golddigger and most certainly doesn't need to be either. Although she is a classy lady and has dated very succesful men, she is also very down to earth and cares more about the kind of person someone is. Christena does so much for charities and her community and is very similar to Don in that way. I met her personally through charity work (she was working with the terminally ill and brain damaged children, spending time with them, loving them and using her own resources to bring them special things) and she is well known in her community for all her volunteer work. I know that she builds houses with teenagers in Mexico many times a year and gives much of her time to help in homes for abused children. Don and her talk a lot from what I understand and they are developing a wonderful relationship and getting to know each other. The kids really adore her. There's a lot in the shows that they don't show you on purpose. Think about it. They want tension. They want conflict. It doesn't mean that what you see is the way it is. As for chemistry, Christena and Don have great chemisty, Christena was just very careful to not 'Flaunt" on the show as she tried really hard to respect the fact that she has two teenage children and wanted to keep their feelings in mind. She does want to get married again and she is as genuine as she is portrayed on the show. She is also a ton of fun and a blast to be around. Anyone who could possibly put her down must be incredibly jealous and insecure or incredibly judgmental before really knowing someone. If you knew her, you'd have a hard time saying anything negative about her or her intentions. I know that if you talked to Don and his kids, they would say the same thing. In my opinion, she was too classy for this show. The only thing that made it all work is that Don and his kids are truly a class act as well. They definitely have similar values and she loves and respects them all a lot. That is the truth about Christena.
    Last edited by epic; 08-15-2003 at 05:12 AM.

The fact that Don chose Christy for his final "drink in the study" and asked for a kiss at the end speaks volumes about the result of the show, in my opinion. Otherwise, I might have been inclined to agree with you.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    The fact that Don chose Christy for his final "drink in the study" and asked for a kiss at the end speaks volumes about the result of the show, in my opinion. Otherwise, I might have been inclined to agree with you.
    He could not choose Christena. He had already chosen her twice before ever choosing Christy (they just chose not to show that) and as I understand it two times was the limit you could choose the same person so he had to choose Christy. As for the kiss, do you know that that was Don's idea?

FORT Newbie
    Epic, where is the article in the Enquirer, online or did you buy the paper? Also what "bad situation" do you mean about Christy, and in an article yesterday Don was asked did Christena and Christy like each other and he said no, do you have any insight into that? I love having someone here who actually knows what went on....

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    Epic, where is the article in the Enquirer, online or did you buy the paper? Also what "bad situation" do you mean about Christy, and in an article yesterday Don was asked did Christena and Christy like each other and he said no, do you have any insight into that? I love having someone here who actually knows what went on....

It's in the Enquirer paper. I haven't bought it yet. It hit the stands yesterday. Someone read it to me over the phone. Doesn't sound too pretty. I heard that Christena did not have a problem with Christy but that she (Christy) was very competitive and really wanted to win this thing and wasn't all that nice to Christena at times. The kids and Don liked Christena a lot from the very beginning and that never changed. I do believe that because I know the kind of person she is. A lot of things were to make it a good show as is true with all Reality TV. There are tons of stuff they did not show. It wouldn't be good for TV if there was a clearcut winner and no conflict.

I get the feeling that trying to reason with you would be useless. You obviously have some sort of friendship with Christina. Next time you see her tell her thanks for wasting all of our time. Since you claim that she is an independent woman, maybe you can explain why she stated that she would never date someone with a blue collar job because she has her children to think of providing for. That coupled with the fact that she would never date anyone that makes less than $50K a year showed us her true outlook on love. Gee, I wonder why she is still single?

Don is choosing not to continue the relationship with her, it is pretty evident. While I believe you that he was nice to her and looked at her as a nice person; there was obviously no chemistry there at all (on either side). Your spewing of venom about Christy based on internet rumors and fodder really kills your credibility. You don't know her and you don't know her cicumstances. I am sure that it was really embarrasing for your friend to watch the show and see how much more attracted to Christy that Don wass over her. Yes, editing can play a part in it but Don clearly liked Christy better. While Christina concentrated her efforts on winning the kids over, Christy acted like an adult and concentrated on winning Don over. Well, Christy's strategy obviously didn't work for her and most people think it was because the girls couldn't handle seeing their dad pay more attention to her than them. The fact that they kept Cynthia around so long when she should have been gone the first week shows you that the kids were not looking to set their dad up with someone that HE wanted but rather someone that THEY wanted.

Christina is an average looking middle aged woman. Don is a steal - attractive, wealthy, succesful, and a great personality. He knows it, too and probably believes that he deserved a Miss America and I hope he ends up with her someday after this all calms down.

Final point - Don chose to spend his last night with Christy, not Christina. There was no rule about seeing a person a certain amount of times, that is rationalizing and excuses if you believe that. While Don was longing for one last kiss from Christy; he didn't even smile when Christina cam out on the balcony. When he finally did smile it was forced. The girls were beaming from ear to ear because they had gotten their way again; Don was sitting there in agony.

Now we an discuss this over and over again and you can bring up the same excuses and lies about Christy... We can all continue to point out that while Christina seems to be a very nice person but she just was not the best choice for Don. And you can continue to get your feelings hurt because you are biased and think the world of your friend. But as an outsider, with no connection to anyone on the show I have to say that you are blinded by your bias. There was clearly more chemistry between Don on Miss America. And while I am not sure that they would have gotten married right off the bat or even gotten married ever.... they would at least have a healthy dating relationship. They certainly wouldn't be 3000 miles apart with no plan to ever see each other again.

So let's stop this back and forth and agree to disagree. You are being a true and loyal friend and probably cannot see what is obvious to the rest of us impartial viewers.
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

I've been a lurker here for a while, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents...

The bottom line in my opinion, is not that Don was "in love" with Christy - however, he might have been infatuated with her *ahem* - physical attributes. The guy kind of acted like an 18-year-old adolescent, complete with the raging hormones. Between Christy and Lori - the two with the most-endowed "personalities" - I lost respect for the guy. Christena was BY FAR the most classy person on the show (aside from the "gas station attendant" comment - that turned me off a bit as well), but Don chose to go for the fluff over substance.

I wonder if Don really wanted a wife, or just wanted to get laid...

P.S. stebo - you a UNT alum? I went there from '80 to '85...
    Last edited by PANTONE; 08-16-2003 at 12:57 AM.

You bet, Mean Green through and through! If you like message boards than you should check out our very active message board at www.gomeangreen.com - lots of NT guys and gals over there celebrating the best kept secret in Texas!
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

Jim
    MAUI,rarely seen on the mainland,1 lady I'm interested in
    Quote Originally Posted by PANTONE
    I've been a lurker here for a while, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents...

The bottom line in my opinion, is not that Don was "in love" with Christy - however, he might have been infatuated with her *ahem* - physical attributes. The guy kind of acted like an 18-year-old adolescent, complete with the raging hormones. Between Christy and Lori - the two with the most-endowed "personalities" - I lost respect for the guy. Christena was BY FAR the most classy person on the show (aside from the "gas station attendant" comment - that turned me off a bit as well), but Don chose to go for the fluff over substance.

I wonder if Don really wanted a wife, or just wanted to get laid...

I wonder if Don will follow thru with "this" engagement....Food for thought.....

I get the feeling he won't Jim.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast