+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The truth about Christena.....

FORT Fan
    Hi...I just have to step in here epic...my first pet peeve is "double dipping" reality characters who go from show to show, but my 2nd is "friends" of reality characters who jump on the boards and tell us we are "jealous" and "vindicative" and blah blah...and say the classic bon mot..."If you only knew them like we know them"...

helloooo....we don't know Christena or Christy or Don, they are ON our tv sets for weeks, we have fun yapping about them...for me they become "characters" just like the characters of the soap opera Miss Heidi will soon be acting on..

I don't think it is "fair play" to attack us like that...we enjoy discussing what we SAW of them on our TV sets...period.. I don't think anyone really is making serious "judgements" bout them...just bout what we WATCHED..

and...NO ONE FORCED THEM ON THE SHOW...hello....I am sure there are other nice charity supporting, classy divorced or widowed gals in Christina and your "set" that wouldn't DREAM of going on a reality show..
    Christina did go on the show....we talk about her LOL

JMO>>> I doubt they will marry....not sure don would have married Christy, but he would have had "fun" being engaged I think..JMO

FORT Fanatic
    Wait just a minute here!

From the moment I heard Don actually calling Christena "PRINCESS" a few times on their fantasy date, I knew she was the winner. He was so excited to be making her happy on that date, he was way more enthused and excited than she was, I thought (she probably felt a little foolish riding in that carraige, wearing the tiara and all...). He was all excited when he met her at the foot of the stairs that day, telling her that she will soon be feeling like a princess, etc. And, she also got the nicest flower bouquet of all the ladies.
    Heidi mentioned that he often begged them not to get rid of her every time there was an elimination (but we didn't get to see that).
    Seems to me that NBC put a lot of effort into "tricking" us into thinking Cristy was the one, and therefore stayed away from showing how Don's relationship with Cristena was developing - that way it's more shocking in the end. (Don't they know by now how used to this we are? If they really want to do a twist, they should have the person choose the person it seemed like they would choose all along ).

Escaping my own reality!
    Quote Originally Posted by stebo
    I get the feeling that trying to reason with you would be useless. You obviously have some sort of friendship with Christina. Next time you see her tell her thanks for wasting all of our time. Since you claim that she is an independent woman, maybe you can explain why she stated that she would never date someone with a blue collar job because she has her children to think of providing for. That coupled with the fact that she would never date anyone that makes less than $50K a year showed us her true outlook on love. Gee, I wonder why she is still single?
    The thing about this $50K a year thing is that $50K a year is not very much, especially in a very high cost of living area such as Southern California. Also, keep in mind that these people are in their 40's, they should be well established in their careers by now. Christena seemed like a very sharp lady, well educated and very accomplished. It is not unreasonable for her to want to date someone that likewise is well educated and very accomplished. These people don't work for minimum wage at the local McDonald's! I would hazard a guess that most college educated persons over 40 in Southern California that have been gainfully employed for 15-20+ years are making well over $50K a year. Even in lower-paid professionals like teachers (who only work 9 months out of the year) in this age/experience range are making more than that.

A similar point can be made about the former airline pilot they voted off very early in the show. Heidi asked her if she would be willing to work fulltime for her Dad answering phones. She said no. Duh! Why would someone that had an exciting, good paying job she enjoyed drop that (or whatever she gave it up for) to answer phones? Answering phones, though important, is often seen as a job you do when you are working your way up in your career. It is unreasonable to ask an accomplished person if they would be willing to drop their life to answer phones. If Don wanted someone to answer phones, he should hire a receptionist not get married!

$50k a year in Ohio is pretty darn good, and regardless, is above the median income level nationwide.

Escaping my own reality!
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    $50k a year in Ohio is pretty darn good, and regardless, is above the median income level nationwide.
    $50K is maybe a bit over the median for Ohio (I think it's about $45K), but Don and Christena rest live in Southern California where a dinky little apartment will rent for over $1K/month and shoe-box homes on postage stamp lots are $200K+. You can live decently on $50K/year in Ohio, but it's a bad gold-digger test question in Southern California. If they really wanted to test her gold-digger status, they would have said "Would you marry someone that made less than 6 figures?".

Location matters! $50K/year (in US Dollars) and you would be living large in countries like Ukraine, Russia, India, Jamaica, Mexico. The same amount would have you on a tight budget somewhere like Norway, England, Scotland. NYC and LA are way more expensive than most other places in the US.

Don doesn't live in California, he lives in Ohio.

Since he owns a business there, I assume he would want her to relocate. Which is probably why Don hasn't even met her children yet.

Escaping my own reality!
    Ohio, eh? I had no idea. I found an article ... interesting. They couldn't have filmed that here ... we haven't had enough good days of weather this year! Back to my point, she does live in San Diego, so her income mindset is there. I can appreciate the kids screening for gold diggers, but I'm sticking with the opinion they picked a bad dollar point to ask about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12