+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality Show Re-Shot to Fix Finale Mishap

Reality Show Re-Shot to Fix Finale Mishap

Reality Show Re-Shot to Fix Finale Mishap [/b]

1 hour, 45 minutes ago

CINCINNATI - When the star of NBC's "Who Wants to Marry My Dad?" first tried to slip an engagement ring on the finger of the woman his children selected for him, she kept pulling away.

It wasn't that Christena Ferran was rejecting Don Mueller's proposal. The suburban Glendale man just had the wrong hand.

But those watching the series finale Monday night saw something else. The proposal scene, taped in May, was re-shot with Mueller on bended knee, putting the ring on Ferran's left and correct hand.

That was more than two months ago, and while the two are still engaged, Mueller says he isn't necessarily going to marry Ferran. Many obstacles and miles stand between Mueller and Ferran, who lives in San Diego.

"We're going to do our best to try to move the relationship further, but there are some serious things to talk about and consider," he said. "You get caught up in the moment and you do what's right, but it's an awkward situation."

The 48-year-old said the ring meant they were "technically" engaged, but he's tied to the map company he founded, and has yet to meet Ferran's two children.

Ferran, in her early 40s, doesn't want to uproot her teenage daughters from California, where she's active with charities and as a champion Arabian horse rider.

><}}}}*> ~*~ <*{{{{>< Bayou_brat's Avatar
    geesh.. all that for nuttin... LOL

FORT Fogey
    That was more than two months ago, and while the two are still engaged, Mueller says he isn't necessarily going to marry Ferran. Many obstacles and miles stand between Mueller and Ferran, who lives in San Diego.

Has any couple from any of the reality/dating shows tied the knot yet? I don't think so.

So much for "Marry My Dad." They might as well scrap that title.

Yeah, but "Who Wants to Compete For My Dad, and Later Wake Up to Reality?" doesn't have quite the same ring

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Has any couple from any of the reality/dating shows tied the knot yet? I don't think so.

So much for "Marry My Dad." They might as well scrap that title.
    So, how should we understand this quote from Don's interview to NBC?

"-Were you happy with the outcome? Would you recommend this process to other single parents?

-I was absolutely happy with the outcome, 100%. Would I recommend it? I tell ya, it's overwhelming. I have a lot more respect for the television industry."
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison

"-Were you happy with the outcome? Would you recommend this process to other single parents?

-I was absolutely happy with the outcome, 100%. Would I recommend it? I tell ya, it's overwhelming. I have a lot more respect for the television industry."
    Good question, Miss P. Frankly, Don is saying absolutely nothing here. It's just like double-talk.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Good question, Miss P. Frankly, Don is saying absolutely nothing here. It's just like double-talk.
    100% means 100% to me. But who knows what Don meant, you are right.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

"100% happy with the outcome" really means nothing. Maybe he's 100% happy he didn't end up hitched. Maybe he's 100% happy he got to spend so much time with his lovable kids. Maybe he's 100% happy he got to spend a couple of weeks away from the rat-race in a posh L.A. mansion. Could be anything.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    "100% happy with the outcome" really means nothing. Maybe he's 100% happy he didn't end up hitched. Maybe he's 100% happy he got to spend so much time with his lovable kids. Maybe he's 100% happy he got to spend a couple of weeks away from the rat-race in a posh L.A. mansion. Could be anything.
    I did read somewhere (cannot find a quote right now) that Don said he would not want it any other way and called Christena "his little princess".

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison

Hmmm, maybe he meant he was 100% happy that he got to make out with all those women!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast