+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The real reason

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Space Ace
    Don seemed so lost there with Christena! I think his heart was really yearning for Christy. Don was glowing when Christy first appeared on the balcony. When Christena appeared he looked like a baby who'd just had his candy taken away from him :crybaby

I don't know why a lot of peeps didn't like Christy, she out of the 2 left, IMO was the best pick. Some may not of liked her answers and sort, but at least she was honest and with her you knew what you were goinig to get. Altho lie detectors aren't fool proof, if I was one of the kids, I could never pick someone to marry my dad who got a thumbs down no matter what! Christy might not of wanted to sign a pre-nup, but at least she was honest and didn't try to fool the lie detector...
    Lost with Christena. He would have been lost without her. His only other choice was shallow, caddy Christy. Don really liked Christena all along. She's a class act and the kids could see that. He's one lucky guy that she said yes when he proposed. Doesn't everybody realize that they only show the footage they want to show to make a good show? They were going to use the 'Former Miss USA' for all it was worth.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingvee
    It was obvious that Dad wanted Christy fromt he get go and so did most of the kids, except for the blonde daughter who felt threatened by Christy's good looks. Must be weird to have you step mom be better looking than you, so it has been obvious that she influenced the rest of her siblings into picking Christina because of her jealousy towards Christy. If you don't feel this is true, go watch the episodes if you taped them and watch her looking at Christy. Neither of these marriages was going to last anyway, Christina was obviously a gold-digger as it came out in the questioning. So he's going to spend some time with a woman now he has no physical attraction too, instead of the beauty queen becasue his daughter was jealous. What a pity. LOL
    Have you seen the Natioanl Enquirer article? The kids definitely didn't want someone like Christy to marry their Dad. They could see her true colors a lot more than they let us believe by the editing. They knew class and beauty when they saw it in Christena, who by the way is in no way a goldigger. She's probably got more money than Don does is the truth of the matter. The fact that they played games to keep Christy in the running (it is Reality TV you know)and Miss USA is a good way to get people to tune in, makes sense if you want the most viewers!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    Christy came off as phony and manipulative. I think it's interesting that she said in her interview that she didn't fall in love with Don although there was "potential". So much for the lie detector.

Of all the kids, Karla was the smart one. Maybe it's because she's married and mom, but she knew the true ingredients of a lasting marriage. She wasn't fooled for a minute by Christy. Heidi fluctuated. And the boys were just seeing it through the eyes of horny young men, thinking that's all their dad needs in life, rather than a sincere, caring woman.

But here's what I REALLY think happened: I think the kids were wise to Christy all the time. She was kept until the end because it made for good drama (prompted by the producer, perhaps?).
    Bingo! You are as right as can be. Keeping Former Miss USA until the end, of course. It made for great TV drama. Why else would they keep someone like her?

Well who are we to question an upstanding rag like the Enquirer? And what do you expect the kids to say now? That they made the wrong choice? Dragging this out will just hurt Christina more than she is already. It had to be really hard to watch that show for her only to see that while Don was mildly interested in her, he was infactuated with Christy.

Let's just drop this... there are a few people that agree with you but the manjority of the board thinks that Don would have chosen Christy if it was his choice. The discussions have never been whether or not Christina was a good person or not... or whether Don thought that she was a nice person... the question was (and remains) that if Don were to get to choose on his own, he would have chosen Christy HANDS DOWN. And you can't start a relationship with that hovering over the two of you. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up the phone an called Christy sometime when all this has colled down. I hope he does, while I don't think he would marry either one of them, he could at least have a fun, long distance dating relationship with Christy. I can't seem him going out of his way to try and see Christina... maybe a couple of phone calls here and there, maybe one visit... maybe two... but nothing close to the fun he could have had with Christy. If you can't see that than we should just drop it because this issue is like war and abortion... neither one of us can see the other's point and we will never agree.

Have a good one. Take easy.
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

><}}}}*> ~*~ <*{{{{>< Bayou_brat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingvee
    Instead he gets the ugliest of the original that were htere, she's a gold-digger and she has baggage, will bring in HER kids into his family for HIM to support. Nice move girls. You know the dad go the number of Christy soemwhere so he can call her when he dumps grandma.

ummmmm, Christy has children, too.

FORT Newbie

Huh?

You need glasses. She looked like the oldest and ugliest of all of them. And there were a bunch of times when she bombed so much on the lie detectors and other secrets that it's amazing anyone would have kept her around till the end. Bottom line, she would NEVER date a blue collar guy which speaks volumes about her. So Christy was the bombshell and many don't like her cause of that, the kids should have kept around someone else then.

Quote Originally Posted by epic
    Are you kidding? Christina is gorgeous- inside and out. She was by far the most genuine of anyone on the show. Christy might have bigger boobs but her brain is peasize and her heart seems nonexistent. Did you see her with no make-up on that one morning? Ugh! She should have stayed under those covers a long time. That really hurt the eyes!

FORT Newbie

Gold-digger Christena

Her own words, she would not date anyone making under $50,000, or never did. Money speaks louder than love with her then.

Quote Originally Posted by angelAJA
    Christena has a big heart and is very committed to her family. I know she is not a goldigger. I know her and she does not need anyone to bring money to the table, that is for sure..

FORT Newbie

Glasses

Christena could pass for CHristy's mom.

You need some serious eye work done. Christena, ugly? I don't think so. She is hot and drop-dand ead gorgeous up against Christy, there is no comparison.

FORT Newbie

NAtional Enquirer

Have you seen the Natioanl Enquirer article? The kids definitely didn't want someone like Christy to marry their Dad. They could see her true colors a lot more than they let us believe by the editing. They knew class and beauty when they saw it in Christena,
    If you read the National Enquirer then you need help. ANyone who belives anything in that or The Globe or any of those other fictional tabloids is an idiot. Let's see soem headlines,.. Woman gives birth to 50 pound baby....... Space Aliens take over the White House..........

"Christy might not of wanted to sign a pre-nup, but at least she was honest and didn't try to fool the lie detector...

Well, she also told them she wouldn't marry their dad if he gained 50 pounds. Can you say "Shallow"?

There was no "chemistry" between Don and Christy. He was just having a perfectly normal male response to a very pretty, flirtatous woman. I don't think she had any attraction to him at all. It was hormones on his part, people. Not chemistry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast