+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The real reason

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    You know--if Dad wanted Christy and didn't want Christena, he could have said so. The kids asked him point-blank, more than once, and in different ways/scenarios which woman he preferred. He had split feelings. The kids made the rational choice--to pick the one he thought he had more in common with for the long haul, not the immediate. For those of you who are married, isn't that the better way? The kids tried to protect their Dad from an affair/marriage that burns out.

The argument that the kids picked Christena because the girls were jealous of Christy and the boys were spineless is shallow and simpleminded. The girls and the boys all wanted the best for their Dad.
    I agree.
    I think out of the two left they made the best choice, although I'm not sure that Christena was the best choice over all.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    The father and Christena didn't look relaxed, they seemed awkward and uncomfortable. He had more chemistry with Christy.
    Don seemed so lost there with Christena! I think his heart was really yearning for Christy. Don was glowing when Christy first appeared on the balcony. When Christena appeared he looked like a baby who'd just had his candy taken away from him :crybaby

I don't know why a lot of peeps didn't like Christy, she out of the 2 left, IMO was the best pick. Some may not of liked her answers and sort, but at least she was honest and with her you knew what you were goinig to get. Altho lie detectors aren't fool proof, if I was one of the kids, I could never pick someone to marry my dad who got a thumbs down no matter what! Christy might not of wanted to sign a pre-nup, but at least she was honest and didn't try to fool the lie detector...

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I think out of the two left they made the best choice, although I'm not sure that Christena was the best choice over all.
    I agree. Some of ladies cut in the early rounds, would probably have been more compatible. Christena didn't seem overly excited to be the "chosen one". I guess it's because whenever they were all together, he always paid attention to Christy and just basically ignored her.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingvee
    As to which one I would have picked, I liked the one that walked away on her own cause she wanted kids, sorry, I'm bad with names.

I'm still rooting for Lori.

Quote Originally Posted by splatty
    I'm still rooting for Lori.
    Me too. I still did not understand why they voted her off.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by candygal
    Even Christy seemed like lying all the time but i still think she is far more prettier than Christina. When they tested her on the lie detector on the final episode, she did admitt that she love dad. And i totally believed her. Christina is more down to earth and more better for dad in the long run, but i just can't stand her eyes!!! Gosh, they always appears to me that she didn't get a good sleep and she is reallly really really old. Before Christy went away, dad said can i kiss you. I think it was really pathetic. I am glad the Christy said no.

Are you kidding? Christina is gorgeous- inside and out. She was by far the most genuine of anyone on the show. Christy might have bigger boobs but her brain is peasize and her heart seems nonexistent. Did you see her with no make-up on that one morning? Ugh! She should have stayed under those covers a long time. That really hurt the eyes!

FORT Fanatic
    Has anyone considered that the reason that Dad chose Christy to spend alone time with him "in the den" on the final evening was because the producers told him to?? We all know that producers are paid to create drama.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by stebo
    I felt the same way. It was very obvious during this entire season that both daughters were jealous of Christy. They just could not stand someone getting more attention than them. The boys were puchovers and let the daughters bully them into the decision and dad did not look happy at all. That was the most uncomfortable ending it could hae possibly had. Don will forever blame his daughters in his heart even if he is too nice to say it out loud.

Jealous of Christy? Give me a break. What's there to be jealous of? Fake boobs, shallow personality, and a conniving way? I really believe the kids knew to pick quality over quantity for their Dad. She might have been former Miss USA but it certainly wasn't based on her character and values. Christena is way more beautiful then Christy- inside and out! Those girls seem to be wonderful and I can't see that they would even waste their time being jealous of someone like Christy.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingvee
    It was obvious that Dad wanted Christy fromt he get go and so did most of the kids, except for the blonde daughter who felt threatened by Christy's good looks. Must be weird to have you step mom be better looking than you, so it has been obvious that she influenced the rest of her siblings into picking Christina because of her jealousy towards Christy. If you don't feel this is true, go watch the episodes if you taped them and watch her looking at Christy. Neither of these marriages was going to last anyway, Christina was obviously a gold-digger as it came out in the questioning. So he's going to spend some time with a woman now he has no physical attraction too, instead of the beauty queen becasue his daughter was jealous. What a pity. LOL
    What in the heck would the blond daughter have to be jealous of? She is beautiful and seems like such a sweet person. Christy on the other hand- whew- that would take me too long to explain why I would never be jealous of that girl. I think all the kids really saw the person that was really best suited for their Dad. Christena has a big heart and is very committed to her family. I know she is not a goldigger. I know her and she does not need anyone to bring money to the table, that is for sure.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by stebo
    Yikes, this is going to get ugly... kind of like Christina
    You need some serious eye work done. Christena, ugly? I don't think so. She is hot and drop-dand ead gorgeous up against Christy, there is no comparison.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast