+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The real reason

Quote Originally Posted by mrsbu
    Well I was one of the people who went to school with Christy both at EJHS and GHS class of 1980. She was just as fake then as she was on the show, and articles in local papers are quoting her as sasaying she didn't enter as a romantic search. She entered hoping that she would get work in TV.
    As far as a gold digger she was the one who refused to sign a pre nup when asked during the lie detector. The best thing thoose kids could have done was choose the other one. At least there is a chance some of her body parts are original, I saw a lot on CHristy that wasn't there in High school
    Great, thank you for confirming my intuition.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsbu
    Well I was one of the people who went to school with Christy both at EJHS and GHS class of 1980. She was just as fake then as she was on the show, and articles in local papers are quoting her as sasaying she didn't enter as a romantic search. She entered hoping that she would get work in TV.
    As far as a gold digger she was the one who refused to sign a pre nup when asked during the lie detector. The best thing thoose kids could have done was choose the other one. At least there is a chance some of her body parts are original, I saw a lot on CHristy that wasn't there in High school
    Even Christy seemed like lying all the time but i still think she is far more prettier than Christina. When they tested her on the lie detector on the final episode, she did admitt that she love dad. And i totally believed her. Christina is more down to earth and more better for dad in the long run, but i just can't stand her eyes!!! Gosh, they always appears to me that she didn't get a good sleep and she is reallly really really old. Before Christy went away, dad said can i kiss you. I think it was really pathetic. I am glad the Christy said no.

Are we split down the middle on this because of gender? I wonder how many people are female that preferred Cristina over Christy. This is not meant to be a knock, I just can't fathom how a guy would prefer her over Christy.

The girls never gave Christy a chance in my opinion. She was constantly trying to prove herself to them and they were just jealous that dear old dad paid more attention to Christy then them. That must have been very hard for them IMHO. How stupid does Christina feel? Just the night before dad was given one last chance to pick her for alone time and once again he passed. She might have won over the girls but not the dad.

How crappy was it that the show told the women that they would not be coming back unless they had been chosen... and then they brought Christy back! How mean was that???!!!

Show is summed up perfectly by dad longing for one last kiss with his real love before he is stuck with the second choice. He should have stood up for himself and put his foot down. One other note that my wife commented on, it seems that the boys had to campaign really hard to get rid of Cynthia. That could have been their downfall. They probably did not want to seem too controlling in the final selection since they had edged the girls' favorite out the week before. Sometimes you have to purposefully lose the battle in order to win the war... DOH! I bet Don doesn't marry Christina, he doesn't love her and he is not attracted to her ina passionate way. But the girls got their wish, they are still the center of attention for dadyo.
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

FORT Newbie
    They were jealous. It's obvious from their expressions. But, at the end of the day, Dad could have spoke up. Obviously he didn't have the guts. Christena should have said no if she had any sense. Who wants to be with a man only because he children picked you?

High school ended 23 years ago. Get over your jealousy. Why is it that people hate attractive people? Neither one of these marriages were really going to be real, might as well give Don a little fun with the women he was most attracted to! As far as the prenup, she was honest about it. Lots of people in the South look down on prenups, I know that I do. I just have never believed that you should go into a marriage with an asterisk by it.
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

Quote Originally Posted by collin
    They were jealous. It's obvious from their expressions. But, at the end of the day, Dad could have spoke up. Obviously he didn't have the guts. Christena should have said no if she had any sense. Who wants to be with a man only because he children picked you?

Dad DID say, Christy seems to be winning me over when Christena is busy winning the kids over.

If I were one of the kids, I'd be looking for someone who was trying to win my dad over first and not sucking up to me to make me pick the dad. Christy was nice to the kids but she wasn't sucking up to the two daughter's like the Christena, Cynthia, etc. and those are the only ladies that these girls liked - the suckups! I'd like to know the back story on their mom...

I'm sorry but I am a female who liked Christy except for a few moments here and there. She really seemed to like the dad and he definitely had the hots for her. He back pedaled a bit tonight but did he do it for the kids - knowing who they would pick - or because he truly saw himself lasting longer with Christena?!?!
    "There's a hooker in Trenton who wants her shoes back." C a r s o n

FORT Newbie

candygal

Better for him in the long run??? He's 50-something, she's what 70? What long run? GIve the man what he wanted, pure physical attraction, he doesn't need an old-bag baggage.

I thought Christy was the prettiest but Christena was NOT the ugliest.

In the end, I was OK with the decision. Dad said he was most attracted to Christy but thought he'd more likely have a long-lasting relationship with Christena. And in the end, isn't that what he's looking for? At least, that what he claims. *shrug*

I'm not really sure that he'd have a long-lasting relationship with EITHER of them. But, hey, what do I know? Only time will tell, eh?

FORT Newbie

also

So you don't say I'm cold-hearted, which I'm not, I'm just emphasizing a point. It's the DAD that has to live with the choice, not the kids. Whats important to the daughter, that she would babysit her baby for her. The guys had no balls to see that their dad wanted and lusted for Christy, so what, he's paid his dues, he raised 4 kids, they seem to be very well off, let him enjoy his life. Now he has to worry about HER kids on top of it. And yea, maybe it is a guy/girl thing, we think like guys, but then again, the dad is A GUY. As to which one I would have picked, I liked the one that walked away on her own cause she wanted kids, sorry, I'm bad with names.

To be fair, Christy has two boys as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast