+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Our interview with Cynthia

Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Our interview with Cynthia

This morning I had the pleasure of interviewing Cynthia, the lastest contestant to be eliminated from Who Wants to Marry My Dad? She was a pleasure to talk to and very candid in her answers.

So why reality TV as a means to meeting Mr. Right?
    Well first of all I love challenges, especially challenges that arenít like my daily life. So Iím the kind of person who likes to do new things and interesting things. Anything that will challenge me so that I can grow as a soul and as a person. I donít like being in a safe kind of humdrum everydayness. Also it doesnít seem to have worked all these years the other way so why not?

How did you end up finding out about the show?
    Actually I heard through a friend and then I went on this audition. We had to go to this place and kind of audition. That was pretty difficult to be amongst all those women.

How many woman were there about?
    I donít know. When I looked around I was counting groups of ten and Iím like ďIs there like over 300 women?Ē I donít know I think there might even have been more. I know I was standing in that line for over two hours. And I know Christy was way in the back. She was the last girl. I think she got a sunburned. Poor thing.

How has the appearance on the show affected your real life?
    Oh my god, Iíve completely changed. Iíve always had a lot of love in my heart but I think I even have more. And as far as the family, I have a great family, but those children are amazing. I love those children so much.

Itís amazing because I took a pair of shoes to get repaired yesterday. And there was this little seven year old who said, ďI know who she is. She is on Who Wants to Marry My Dad?Ē And I was like ďOh my god! These are my youngest fans!Ē Itís really wild to go around in my daily life because we thought the demographic would 18-50 year olds, but itís younger. Thereís even a five-year-old boy thatís a fan. I went to see the movie Lara Croft yesterday, and a woman grabbed me and said ďOh my god! Youíre Cynthia! All my friends and I email about you. Youíre my favorite.Ē

Were you close to any of the other contestants?
    Christy. Christy is my buddy. Lori and I didnít talk that much but we sat next to each other a lot. Christy and Lori were together, and when Lori wasnít around, I was around Christy. I got along well with Joanne too. I just thought she seemed really true.

Itís amazing you say youíre closest to Christy because it doesnít seem like that on the show. . .
    I know, but that one episode where she was massaging my feet thatís the only time they showed that bit of it. Christy and I bonded a lot. Christena, well I tried to get to know her through our spiritual beliefs but then it just wasnít happening.

Do you still keep in touch with any of them or with the family?
    I really really want to talk to the family, and we did at first, but weíre not supposed to talk to one another until the show is over. Chris and Heidi and I really bonded. I bonded with all of them, but I want to adopt Heidi. Iím even wearing the t-shirt that Chris gave me. They didnít show so much on the show, but we all did crazy things.

Have you found anyone new since the show?
    Well I met this one guy, but I told him I didnít want to go out until this whole thing was over. I havenít really been looking; Iím just so absorbed with this show. There is a lot of good energy that is coming at me. Iím wondering whatís going to happen after this show is over. I have been asked and approached by quite a few people though. Then I kind of wonder if they really like me or is it because of this show? I have an open mind and open heart though.

How did you feel when you saw some of the episodes where Don expressed he didnít feel a chemistry with you?
    I have to say I was a little upset because sometimes I would feel it. Another girl would be in a room and I would be in the room and he would talk to her more, but it seemed he talked to me more when no one else was around. It was like we had a private relationship. Because Iíve trained in so many spiritual things, I can pretty much read peopleís energy before they speak. So I was quite surprised when he didnít feel the chemistry. I know he said other things to me too that they didnít show. Otherwise I would have probably, not given up, but not pushed on so much. He made it very clear to me that he really liked me as a friend. And I thought that was important because you can use your sexuality to even turn someone on thatís not into you, but I donít think itís necessary at the beginning. I think, as Iíve grown older itís better to get to know the person a little bit because a lot of times they are not what you think.

Were there any moments of the show that were scripted?
    Not really. Maybe if we said something and they couldnít hear it they might have us say it again.

Do you think the editing portrayed you in a true manner?
    I think they were amazing with the editing with me. The way they portrayed me. . . I am a nice person, but if you put me against the wall usually like three times, I will just give you a three strikes your out. The only thing I wish they didnít show was my crying yesterday, I was like ďThatís enough!Ē

I did give all the kids presents though, and they didnít show that. I had also written Don and the kids poems, but they didnít show that either.

How was Nick the polygraph guy?
    Oh heís so sweet! I know they did that serious music when showing him, but heís really amazing.

Were the tests as serious as they seem to be on TV?
    Yeah I was very serious. First of all you couldnít see what was going on behind you and second the lights were really strong. And you could feel Joe and Chris, but you couldnít see Heidi or Karla at all. You have all these cameras, and youíre looking forward and all you can see is this white light. They ask you a whole string of questions and they donít show them all. Some of them are really out there, but you have to say yes or no.

Who do you think the kids will pick for Don?
    I think Don is much more attracted to Christy. I think, as a person, Christy is amazing and is an amazing mother. And sheís my girl, so I hope Christy gets it.

If you had an opportunity to do it all over again would you?
    Oh yeah, absolutely. I definitely would. I think itís made me stronger in my own life and my weaker areas have become stronger too. I have a lot more love in my heart too.

Well thatís all the questions I have for you today. Thank you for your time and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Ok thanks, take care!
    Who shot who in the what now?

Fade to black
    Fantastic job greenie! You've done such an excellent job with this show, I'm proud of ya!

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Awesome job, Greenie! I've never watched the show, but after reading this interview, I think there is just too much humdrum everydayness in my energy.

Wayner!
    Who shot who in the what now?

Great job Greenie

I think it's a shame the kids didn't choose Cynthia, she came across as being such a nice person both on the show and in the interview.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I miss her even more now.

Nice job, Greenie!
    ~*~ Maji *~

Thanks to both of you for the interview.

It must be really strange to go to the movies and be recognized like that.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Greenie --

Such a great, great job!

And of course, thanks to Cynthia for granting such a transparent and open interview! It makes watching the show all that much more interesting!

Great interview. I feel so much better for Cynthia now that I know she is ok.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Good job greenie. I still think Cynthia's a bit weird, but certainly not in an entirely bad way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast