+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who's best for Dad

FORT Fanatic

Who's best for Dad

Gotta admit that I am extremely disappointed in these kids and their selections.
    Lori - she got a bum deal and the decision to let her go shows the kids' immaturity at picking a spouse. I'm sure their decision was based on her answer to the pre-nup question. . She was in a no-win situation. If she says "NO" she won't sign - she looks like a gold-digger. She said "Yes" and it indicated a lie. What they failed to consider is the fact that this lady has her own $ and apparently a nice amount since she's the one who hasn't had to work. She should probably have HIM sign a pre-nup to protect her assets.

Christy - gold-digger. She is playing right into the kids' hands.

Christena - I just don't like her.

Cynthia? What are they thinking? Especially after Dad told them his feelings. Could that 'alone' time in his den have been any more uncomfortable for him. All her 'energy' talk and karma make me wanna barf. She makes her move and takes a kiss. It sure didn't look like Dad wanted to kiss but what could he say....Uh...sorry, don't wanna kiss you. He should have been wearing a hat during his time in the sun, because the brain in his head got a little fried and must have shut down. As soon as they kiss, his "other brain" goes into overdrive and Cynthia becomes the most wonderful thing since sliced bread.

None of the three that are left will make good wife material and they are all manipulative. There is supposedly a proposal at the end, but at this point, I don't see a lasting relationship with any of these women.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    Gotta admit that I am extremely disappointed in these kids and their selections.
    Lori - she got a bum deal and the decision to let her go shows the kids' immaturity at picking a spouse. I'm sure their decision was based on her answer to the pre-nup question. . She was in a no-win situation. If she says "NO" she won't sign - she looks like a gold-digger. She said "Yes" and it indicated a lie. What they failed to consider is the fact that this lady has her own $ and apparently a nice amount since she's the one who hasn't had to work. She should probably have HIM sign a pre-nup to protect her assets.

Christy - gold-digger. She is playing right into the kids' hands.

Christena - I just don't like her.

Cynthia? What are they thinking? Especially after Dad told them his feelings. Could that 'alone' time in his den have been any more uncomfortable for him. All her 'energy' talk and karma make me wanna barf. She makes her move and takes a kiss. It sure didn't look like Dad wanted to kiss but what could he say....Uh...sorry, don't wanna kiss you. He should have been wearing a hat during his time in the sun, because the brain in his head got a little fried and must have shut down. As soon as they kiss, his "other brain" goes into overdrive and Cynthia becomes the most wonderful thing since sliced bread.

None of the three that are left will make good wife material and they are all manipulative. There is supposedly a proposal at the end, but at this point, I don't see a lasting relationship with any of these women.

Christena is the one. Mark my word.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

I enjoy Christena. I liked her from the beginning. I also like Cynthia, but I don't feel she'll be right for Don. She seems very sweet though.
    Who shot who in the what now?

There is a thing called "Soulmate."

As much as Don cares about Cynthia, he doesn't have that chemistry connection with her. He doesn't love her in "That" way. She'd be a great mother and wife, but Don and her just don't have that "Soul" connection.

Christy doesn't seem
    geniune enough 'n tonight as we saw, on the table, she only expressed her love for Don, not how Christena and Cynthia declared not only they're falling for Don, they've grown to like the kids as well.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    I enjoy Christena. I liked her from the beginning. I also like Cynthia, but I don't feel she'll be right for Don. She seems very sweet though.
    I think Cynthia's whole act, is to 'seem' sweet.

Naaa, don't get me wrong, by saying it is an act I'm making it sound
    devious, and its not really like that....but what I mean, is here is
    a woman that cannot be responsible for her decisions, after all,
    she is so 'sweet' she can't be at fault.

I know that I'm talking from my own experience...but so be it. My experience tells me women like Cynthia will hurt a man every time.
    They aren't honest with themselves....I was not at all surprised Cynthia
    passed all of the last lie detector questions. Nevertheless, her
    earlier comments about hating men, and we find out about her activity in the extremist women's groups. And we begin to see a bigger picture.

Well she is no match for Don, that's for sure.

I think Christena may get the nod too, but thats ashame, cause she's a run of the mill socialite and not something special.

The one I like the most is Christy. She's honest, she's got character. No she doesn't really love Don, but that makes her even more sensible in my mind...why would anyone love Don this quickly? He's a nice guy, but he's also spent all his time dating multiple women and on TV no-less.

It's not the environment for true love....not yet. That can't be built until later. Right now, Christy is the most sensible. And a successful, and I didn't forget quite beautiful woman too.

I'm married to a beautiful woman, I will not suspect her of being devious just because she's beautiful. (*not saying anyone did, just saying it happens *)....I know from experience too, that beautiful women are like all other women, and some are devious, but some are not.

I don't know who will be chosen, but I like Christy!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTime
    Nevertheless, her
    earlier comments about hating men, and we find out about her activity in the extremist women's groups. And we begin to see a bigger picture.

I don't remember seeing any information given about Cynthia hating men or being involved in extremist women's groups. I believe you are getting her confused with Joanne who was eliminated last week.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I had only seen very brief snippets of this show but watched the last half of it this week. For whatever reason this program really made me very uncomfortable. I found, much more than some of the other "romance" based reality shows, the premise and the process to be degrading to those involved. The lie detector bit was particularly stomach-turning and humiliating. These are adults of significant accomplishment subjecting themselves to something the just appears unseemly. I cannot imagine a father or his grown kids participating in this kind of show.

The dad is more physically attracted to Christy and keeps remarking on her beauty. I think Christena would be a better match, but like most men (Prince Charles being one of the exceptions), he will go for younger, hotter and blonder. Just my two cents.

+ Reply to Thread