+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hometown Dad does Good

Hometown Dad does Good

The family that is being featured in " Who Wants to Marry My Dad?", is from a suburb of mine here in Cincinnati, Ohio. Here is a local news story from the Cincinnati Enquirer. I will keep the FORT posted with more stories as they come in.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...wwtem1a14.html

Last edited by Sepialove; 07-14-2003 at 11:13 PM.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago

Thank you so much for sharing that info!! I couldn't believe that the family lived in such a nice home, so I'm relieved to find out that they don't really live there. I'm also surprised that all of them are SO good looking.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove
    The family that is being featured in " Who Wants to Marry My Dad?", is from a suburb of mine here in Cincinnati, Ohio. Here is a local news story from the Cincinnati Enquirer. I will keep the FORT posted with more stories as they come in.
    Interesting. I could have sworn they lived in California. The house looks just like the typical California/Mediterannean fusion house right down to the Queen palms.

I thought the kids were nice looking but was curious about their mother. I read that she and Capt. Balding are very close. That might be a factor in his not having a significant other to cuddle with by the fireside.

Somehow, I found it just a bit creepy to see the (adult) kids watching their dad kiss somebody (in next week's episode) and voice the very adolescent "Ewwwwwww" en masse.

I think I prefer the "Meet My Folks" concept, although I thought that the "Auditions" were very funny and creative.

Cali,

They filmed the show in Los Angeles. That's funny you mentioned the kissing preview. It JUST aired.!
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...wwtem1a14.html

Hi there! I'm from Cincinnati too and use to work for Don Mueller! He is a great guy....but it's so funny to watch it when you know the person, ya know LOL

I'm out near Loveland! Nice to meet you

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Interesting. I could have sworn they lived in California. The house looks just like the typical California/Mediterannean fusion house right down to the Queen palms.

I thought the kids were nice looking but was curious about their mother. I read that she and Capt. Balding are very close. That might be a factor in his not having a significant other to cuddle with by the fireside.

Somehow, I found it just a bit creepy to see the (adult) kids watching their dad kiss somebody (in next week's episode) and voice the very adolescent "Ewwwwwww" en masse.

I think I prefer the "Meet My Folks" concept, although I thought that the "Auditions" were very funny and creative.
    It looks like a typical California because it is...it's not his home LOL Although he's well off...i'm sure it's not too far from reality.

Capt Balding (ROFL) Don and his ex wife have been divorced for 13 years. They are close, but has nothing to do with his lack of a significant other. She has been married for 10 years.

PS, on the Capt Balding comment...I CRACKED UP last night when they had to use the word "bald" as many times as possible at lunch. That was WAY too funny!!

FORT Fogey
    Thanks for the explanation, everybody.

You know what threw me?

The way the women walked in and "ooohd and aaahd" about how beautiful the home is and I couldn't quite wrap my mind around that.

Thank you for clearing all that up.

So what are we to deduce from this? Are all the homes on MMF and MMD "fake?"

All of the homes on MMF are fake.

They don't want to have to tear apart someone's home to make way for camera and sound cabling, and install fax machines in every room...

+ Reply to Thread