+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/14 "Marry My Dad" Show Discussion **Spoilers**

True, but they said she was too " aggressive". Hmmm, maybe they want someone they can easily run over and manipulate? Hmmmmmmmm
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

FORT Fan
    the sons are hot.

Sounds like it was a good show. In the commercials, the daughter's a cutie, but she has kind of a weird hair thing going on that's distracting.

I actually watched this tonight with one of my best friends, and it didn't suck like I thought it might! But anyhow, I think I like the idea of them featuring older adults versus young, immature kiddies. It was more entertaining to me to see these people out in the dating world at their age. It was cool. And I agree with John and everyone else, the kids are genetically very lucky, as is the father. (And so are the women).
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

This show was really entertaining! I'm glad I watched it. I think the dad is kind of dorky - but I'm hooked.

This is my first time watching one of these "Meet My Folks/Marry My Mom/Dad" shows, and I can safely say, it will probably be my last. Carol who is a retired airline pilot, gets cut because she honestly answered "No" when asked if she would be willing to be Dad's receptionist, but Joanne "the liar" gets to stay because she is Jewish and wouldn't mind if they spend Christmas with them, because she doesn't celebrate it anyway?!. What happened to, "honesty is very important?" Why didn't they ask Carol if she would be willing to fly their Dad's plane in case of an emergency? I can't believe the way they treated those ladies. I would tell them where to go and how to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    Carol who is a retired airline pilot, gets cut because she honestly answered "No" when asked if she would be willing to be Dad's receptionist, but Joanne "the liar" gets to stay because she is Jewish and wouldn't mind if they spend Christmas with them, because she doesn't celebrate it anyway?!. What happened to, "honesty is very important?" Why didn't they ask Carol if she would be willing to fly their Dad's plane in case of an emergency? I can't believe the way they treated those ladies. I would tell them where to go and how to get there.

I was so mad at the way they treated her. Do they want a wife for dad or a doormat? Makes me wonder. :rolleyes
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove
    Gismo: Doesnt Cynthia remind you of Marcia Gay Harden with those Morticia bangs?
    THAT'S who that is!! I can't tell you how much it's been bugging me that she looks like *someone* - thanks for helping me figure out who!
    Joy
    Blogging away in my LaughAtlantis world...

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    This is my first time watching one of these "Meet My Folks/Marry My Mom/Dad" shows, and I can safely say, it will probably be my last. Carol who is a retired airline pilot, gets cut because she honestly answered "No" when asked if she would be willing to be Dad's receptionist, but Joanne "the liar" gets to stay because she is Jewish and wouldn't mind if they spend Christmas with them, because she doesn't celebrate it anyway?!. What happened to, "honesty is very important?" Why didn't they ask Carol if she would be willing to fly their Dad's plane in case of an emergency? I can't believe the way they treated those ladies. I would tell them where to go and how to get there.
    I'm with you. Polygraphs are notably unreliable - and I would think, in this context, that you'd want them to be able to explain their answers. (for example...) I wouldn't marry him if he couldn't afford a ring - BUT! It could be a ring from a bubble gum machine, just SOMETHING that said I'm pledging my life to you, that endless circle of love. I wouldn't work full time as a receptionist for the dad, because I have a career of my own - and I can't take shorthand. And I'm not co-signing for a car loan! You're 26 years old! Get a job!

Explanations say a hell of a lot more than yes or no answers and thumbs up or down.
    Joy
    Blogging away in my LaughAtlantis world...

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughAtlantis
    I'm with you. Polygraphs are notably unreliable - and I would think, in this context, that you'd want them to be able to explain their answers. (for example...) I wouldn't marry him if he couldn't afford a ring - BUT! It could be a ring from a bubble gum machine, just SOMETHING that said I'm pledging my life to you, that endless circle of love. I wouldn't work full time as a receptionist for the dad, because I have a career of my own - and I can't take shorthand. And I'm not co-signing for a car loan! You're 26 years old! Get a job!

Explanations say a hell of a lot more than yes or no answers and thumbs up or down.

You're totally right. I hate those polygraph tests b/c like you pointed out, they do seem very unreliable. Like in the beginning of the show, how can a woman get the question "Do you believe in the institution of Marriage?" wrong!!! Just does not seem possible. And people who simply take yes or no answers rather than explanations as a basis for eliminating someone are very simple minded. I think that receptionist question was totally unfair too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast