+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Discussion thread for June 30th - the Dappers, Part 1

You're right the dad did look kind of like William Shatner! I found him to be quite attractive... he's obvioulsy where Marco inherited his looks

And LOL about all the parents crying!!! I thought the same thing... Also it seems they really push the parents to overreact to all these so-called "scandalous secrets" as if they are totally horrified when most of the stuff isn't that bad... I think the parents actually do grow to like most of the contestants even all those looks of horror aside, and they do have a hard time choosing someone to leave...

Also I imagine things can get stressful for all of them with the cameras following them around all that time... especially for the contestants who are having all these dirty secrets revealed about them on TV... I can completely understand that girl's reaction in the lie detector test... Maybe the parents sympathized with her after that? :

the dirty little secrets really aren't that bad.

Being 36 I have to say, that for the past 18 years, they wouldn't be able to dig up much of anything, but prior to that... hmmmm, I would not have looked very good on this show

Of course none of my friends would tape a segment for them

Either the parents forgot what it was like to be oung, or they are really cluless... AND think that their kids are perfect... HA!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I think the young women should be far more embarrassed about their singing efforts than any of the secrets that were revealed.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

And, BTW, I really think they should stick to the usual formula of "boys" competing for the daughter. It's more humorous to watch uptight dads go berserk trying to protect their daughters than it is to see laid-back dads whooping it up over the action they're hoping their sons will get.

Know what I mean?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Being 31 and looking back on my past I have PLENTY of skeletons in my closet that I am sure a lot people wouldn't mind sharing... but it's nothing I would deny.

I touched on it before, these parents need to lighten up because I am sure there are some "dirty secrets" that the parents have. I am sure it's just the entertainment factor of the show, that the parents act that way as RealVoyeur stated earlier.

Paulie, I am in total agreement with you... being a musician... I didn't even think Chelsea did well.. off key just a tad.
    If you hold on to what you think is your thing... you may find you're missing all the rest - Dave Matthews

I honestly was shocked that everyone thought she sounded so good. I figured it was just that they had just listened to the others.

I wonder if the patrons of the bar that night were industry extras or real people.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I thought the girl who judged her dates based on her cats was pretty smart. You can get a good idea of whats inside a person based on how kids and animals act around them.
    I think this is one episode where the dad is way to protective of the son. Dad seems more unbending than the mom. The son seems like a little bit of a goody two shoes too. In my opinion 19 is a little to young for a show like this.
    I really think the reason the parents get so emotional isn't because they've become attatched to the contestants but because they know they're going to hurt someones feelings.
    I prefer haveing the men compete for the women. It seems more funny and less embaressing.
    What was the deal with dad not being able to read the secret of the girl dateing an older man? I thought it was going to be a really nasty secret instead I was thinking That's it?
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Taz
    Probably because the question was "I hear you have dated someone older than my husband is that true" (Something like that), it would have sounded quite funny dad saying "I hear you have dated someone older than my husband"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234