+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discussion thread for June 30th - the Dappers, Part 1

My husband bets Ana "wins"... anyone have thoughts as to who they pick?

(Hubby was right about them getting rid of "cat lady" first)
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by cali

Oh, and something else that might sound really mean, although I honestly don't mean for it too..... Did Mom look a LOT older than dad?
    I saw that too!! When I first saw Mom with her hair up, I started to scream " Mrs Cunningham!" She reminded me of Marion Ross from Happy Days. *giggle

Dad reminds me of either a bad Las Vegas lounge singer or an extra on HBO's " The Sopranos".

What about the girl who had the breakdown during the Lie Detector? **** Handing her the Award for Best Impression of a War Camp Prisoner***** Good Lord!! Did she think she was in Iraq giving out State secrets?

I LOVE this show! lol

LG.
    I think cali's right about Mom being older than Dad. They made a point to say that Dad is younger than 44 because the one chick dated a 44 year old guy (older than DAD, gasp), and well, Mom doesn't look younger than 44. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you. . . .

This was not the first woman to freak out during the lie detector test either. In the Maloney's 3 part episode last winter they had to stop the test because someone was about to hurl. Nick made her put her head between her knees and breathe a while. It's very stressful to sit there and lie unconvincingly I guess.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I laughed out loud when the one girl said it was time to redeem herself, then went on to lie on all but one of the questions

I remember that episode LG... Very interesting, I just don't think it's that stressful to have a polygraph... and yes, I have had one

My Two Cents

Parents crying when having to eliminate someone seems to be a common theme to this show. I have to give props to the mother because unlike Papa Schmidt last week who like to talk smack about the dudes and then turn around and say "we really liked having you here" She said "Regardless of what I have heard about them it's going to be hard to let one of them go" So I give a to the mom!
    Unfortunatly, with the outburst in the lie detector room I believe that Chelsea is the next one to go. I actually had to change the channel when she started her little "this is stupid rant" I guess I felt bad for her... could someone fill me in on what happend and what was said to get her to finish the test?
    I am laying my money on Ana... it looks like she's gonna take it. It's pretty boy and pretty girl, A PERFECT MATCH!
    If you hold on to what you think is your thing... you may find you're missing all the rest - Dave Matthews

they didn't really show them saying anything that would "get" her to finish.
    She pretty muchsaid she wanted to leave, and Nick (lie detector guy) asked her if she needed a few minutes to gather herself. She said "No, I'm ready", then Nick said "Well, we'll give you a minute" (Paraphrasing all of that).

Thanks Cali! I seem to always count on you! Is it just me or does the dad look like William Shatner?
    If you hold on to what you think is your thing... you may find you're missing all the rest - Dave Matthews

My hubby said he looked like a pirate(?)

I thought he had a Baretta thing happening (I think it was the jaw?)

Um...who is Lapu Lapu? If it's a long story you can PM me, but I am curious

Lapu Lapu

I know that this is not part of the thread but I figure that there might be a few curious so I'll put it here.

Lapu Lapu was the King of Mactan Island and was known as the first Filipino hero. When Ferdinand Magellan, a Spaniard who "discovered" the Philippines, landed in Cebu, he ordered Filipinos to honor the king of Spain. Chief Lapu-Lapu refused his demand. Magellan, along with 48 soldiers, met Lapu-Lapu in Mactan Island for a battle. During the battle, Magellan and 15 of his men were killed. For 54 years thereafter, no Spaniard set foot in the Philippine soil.
    So me, being of Filipino descent, honor what he did and felt that I would like to pay tribute to a great Filipino revolutionary.

Thanks for asking Cali!

Alex, in the General Discussion forum, we have a "how/why did you choose your avatar" thread. You should share

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast