+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over make-up????

FORT Newbie

Over make-up????

These parents are the most bizzare, and somewhat irratating parents on MMF ever. The Mom is just aloof and the Dad is on an ego trip...leave the profession at the job...he lives, east, sleeps being an authority figure. Annoying...Anyways, what got me about thsi coupel is their fascination over amke-up and how insulted they were that oen of the guys happened to wear some(Chris) causing them to eliminate him in a cold manner and the Mom stating "It's a amjor issue"....Here's a little FYI for these old fashioned folks...there's PLENTY of guys nowadays who wear....CONCELEAR...is it right? who knows who cares...but I tell you what...there's TONS and TONS of guys out there who wear concealer and actually there's a really popular brand of concealer line for men ....and the fact is many guys nowadays where it...it's just how it is...Change with the times...that doesn't make them less of a man...A man who has bad skin (scars, burnts, pimples, acne marks, blemishes) SHOULD take care of his skin and put forth his best face out to the world...In teh entertainment bizz...you have absolutely no say...it's make-up, make-up, make-up...Looking good is not limited to one gender...we all want to look good...

As far as the waxing...all 6 guys waxed...and to eb honest with you...I have yet to meet a guy in his early 20's who doesn't pluck, wax, or clean his eyebrows...I'd be shocked to see a guy who doesn't...

These parents are bumkins!

Hmmm, I don't know any guys who wear concealer, and very few who wax/pluck etc.

True,John,but I also think they were making too big of a deal. So what,they wax their eyebrows...i don't think it's a reason to eliminate any one of them....This family confuses me :
    "It's not the fame. It's not the fortune. It's the influence"-Clay Aiken

Ya know, I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with actors wearing make up.

I would think it a bit odd to have to fight for mirror time with my husband in the morning while he puts on his face May be because I really hardly ever wear make up though..

Waxing? Uhg. His eyebrows looked freaky. At least Pete's eyebrows look real. Again, maybe I find this odd because I don't wax my eyebrows, or maybe I find it odd because of my age.

I don't know, but I don't fault the parents for being a little put off by it. That doesn't mean I think it should have been reason to dump Chris, but out of the three left, I would have dumped him too.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Last night I was watching CSI and my friend called and told me to watch MMF baecauseshe thought it was so weird that all three guys had waxed brows.I work inthe beauty industry and I've seen alot of guys get waxing to remove a bit of a unibrow but not to the extent of having a feminine shape like that.Maybe my age is playing into this because I am just not down with guys being so girly like that.As far as the make-up is concerned,unless you're Robert Smith or David Bowie I don't want to know.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

I know a lot of guys wear makeup these days, and I don't have a problem with it.... I mean it's natural that some guys want to enhance themselves or use concealer or whatever...some use mascara even & eye brow pencils... *shrug*
    If they're an overall good guy, I wouldn't hold that against anybody. Normally you don't even know it unless they say something

But...I also see where others may have a problem with it, even though personally I don't....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

If one of my friends wore makeup or used an eyebrow pencil, I'd have to pummel him mercilessly about the head and shoulders, while laughing my butt off.

LG.
    *runs scared, because I'm a friend of John's*

Oh, you meant MALE friends of yours, wheww
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Newbie
    I dunno... I thought he he had a really freakish resemblence to David Guest...

If one of my friends wore makeup or used an eyebrow pencil, I'd have to pummel him mercilessly about the head and shoulders, while laughing my butt off.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast