+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over make-up????

LG.
    just wanted to point out that the winner, Petey, also was an eyebrow waxer. Want proof? Check this out . . .

Damn, those are some manicured brows.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

But Peteys were just to shape and tame them. Chris's eyebrows really freaked me out. I would not want to date a guy who "primped". I couldn't believe the parents didn't know Chris had his eyebrows done until the ex girlfriend told them. Makeup is going to far. If you're and actor the makeup should come off when the tapeing ends.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I agree CantGetNuf... Pete still looks like a man.

Ok, don't slam me too hard people!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I do think Chris looked a little "different" but once I started seeing his personality come out I found him to be very attractive... I actually think he was the cutest guy out of the bunch! I was trying to think of who he looked like in the eyes & eyebrows... maybe a bit like Christopher Walken?

At first I liked Pete the best lookswise but the more the way I saw him act the more turned off I was...

I agree with the original poster these parents were bizzare and irritating... I can't believe they made such a big deal about Chris's "makeup" (which we never got to hear exactly what that consisted of)... The mother literally said "the makeup is a MAJOR issue"!! WTF????

FORT Newbie

I understand some points...but I just think the reason people have a problem with men grooming themselves is because of society tells us that but in reality, there's absolutely nothing wrong or less masculine about a guy wanting to look his best...More power to him! Also, I personally am one to not like stereotypes...don't know about the rest of you...so if a guy can come and wear concealer, pluck his eyebrows and still be confident in his manhood then he defys stereotypes that our society put out and well good for him! I just think our socities gender appropriate roles should be doen away with but it's the oen thing being dragged along from the old fashioned era of the 50's...all men are suppose to be wife beating, stomach scratching, fat jerks and all woman have to be prissy dolls. And John...if you couldnt' handle being friends with a guy who plucks his eyebrows...I mean is that an insecurity issue with you? I mean, whats it to you. Just wondering...don't bite lol. Better that then a bushy unibrow (barf!)

Again...looking good shouldn't be limited to just woman

Chris didn't look so much like Christopher Walken as he did a store maniquine.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

To me, it looked like he was wearing foundation, blusher and mascara...but maybe it was just my TV. I'm not a big fan of makeup anyway...and if I recall his former girlfriend also said he gets violent when he's drinking. Add all that together and I think I'd have pitched him too.

I'd never even heard of eyebrow waxing before that episode. But I'm one of those old-fashioned types we've been talking about.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    you'd never heard of men waxing eyebrows, or never heard of it at all, Paulie?

I've heard of women doing it, but I don't think I've ever met a man who did it regularly.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I had never heard of it at all, let alone men doing it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12