+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show on 6/16- The Shmidts

I guess that I have a hard time with the contradictions with the show, don't get me wrong I love this show it's great, but some of these parents are just weird, like they are sitting in the back room talking smack about these guys and then come out and say... "Well I really hate to see one of you go" Am I the only one seeing this? Then the dad getting all un-nerved over the snow boarding stunt... like he's never done anything wild and crazy. I would like to see an episode where a dirty secret is exposed of the parents so that the dates could feel a little at ease for their secrets....
    If you hold on to what you think is your thing... you may find you're missing all the rest - Dave Matthews

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I wondered about that too. He was practically crying when he had to eliminate someone, when 1 minute before he's like- keep that animal away from my baby.
    Very much editing out of context, or leading questions in the confessionals me thinks. Just strange is all...

That is one reason why I would never go on this show. I've done way worse things than my kids ever dreamed of doing

I agree 100%
    I was rolling my eyes like a High schooler when he started in on the "I hate to do this" crap

Don't preach honesty then say crap like that editing or not, he complained about these guys, then gets all emotional. You have known them for 24 hours.. UHG.

Also found it interesting that his daughters feelings were #9 on his "Importance" list :nono

Yeah... some of the secrets are pretty lame... especially when they are talking about stuff that happened in high school. hopefully people grow up a little after leaving high school... yes, I do know that some people don't.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

enygma, cali... I thank you, I am glad that I am not the only one that was seeing that, but as always it's stuff like that, that keeps me watching. I don't think I could go on that show but if I did I would be the first one booted off because any secret that came out I wouldn't deny I would say hey, it was me and what I have done can't change the past.

Judge me not for what I have done, rather who I am... can I get an amen! LMAO!
    If you hold on to what you think is your thing... you may find you're missing all the rest - Dave Matthews

AMEN!

Really.. all the crap I did in the past helped make me who I am... since I'm pretty happy with that person, I'm not even sure I'd not do some of those things given the chance to get in a wayback machine

With the way the folks react, you'd think they were saints when they were in their late teens/early twenties.

You are right though... makes for fun TV
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I love this show. It's one of the funniest hours of tv. The very first episode last season was the guy who liked to be spanked. I loved that he didn't even try to deny it.

Mondays show was great. I thought it was bad when I saw the mother telling on her son but it was even worse when the guy turned around and called his own mother a liar!
    I wonder what makes the parents so emotional when they're kicking the people they think of as jerks off the show. Maybe they just feel guilty. They don't want to hurt the persons feeling. Sure the guys have done bad things but nothing to the parents. I would feel bad too. I doubt I would cry though. Maybe sigh with relief that I just saved my daughter from one more scumbag.
    I hope Pete wins. He's good looking and fun. I don't like the guy who owns his own business. Way to arrogant to me. I'd be scared my daughter would only be a trophy. He seems like the type unable to love anyone but himself. I could be wrong.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

LG.
    Ryan (the guy who owned his own business) was my least favorite also. Check out the recap, it's finally posted.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Taz
    I like Pete too, but failing that one question at the last i don't know. HOwever i think if they had asked all the guys that question they would have all failed.

I agree Taz. I think everyone of them would fail that question.

One thing I forgot to mention. Chris's eyebrows!! They freak me out. I was hopeing he'd be the first to go just because I couldn't stand to look at his eyebrows one more min. I would not want to date a guy that primped to that extent.
    Ryan has got to get rid of that necklace. I thought guys quit wearing necklaces like that in the '80s.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Another thing I noticed is that these parents have no faith in their daughter. If she was raised the way they wanted her, then they should have no fears about who she's with... right? OH wait she's the one that begged her mom to keep Mr. 50 panty man. My bad I take it back... LOL... good night all I'll see you in the morning!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12