+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Married by America - The Final Indignity!

FORT Fogey

Married by America - The Final Indignity!

Her bandana friend was something else. Who wears a bandana to a wedding?
    Someone who is bald AND gay!

I am in a total state of shock! I mean TOTAL STATE OF SHOCK!!
    NOBODY got married! NOBODY claimed the prize. What a coup for FOX!

Even that lame Joe Millionaire was able to choose someone, and how many of the women vying for a rose on "The Bachelor" have actually turned Alex/Aaron/Andrew down? Ok, there was that one last week, but that was because...I am rambling here.

Jill definitely surprised me, but even more than that, the joy and glee on both her and Kevin's family's faces! They were practically ecstatic! Especially Daddy Dearest (Jill's). Jill's Mom on the other hand, surprised me with her strength and her sincerity. I know who wears the pants in that family.

Kevin repeatedly said that he hoped Jill was in it for the same reasons, well buddy NOOOOOOOOOOO she obviously wasn't. That's a load of BS about his family not accepting her, I think it just was about Kevin being pretty much, erm, unemployed.

Now let's get to Billie Jeanne and Tony. I don't care how true to his feelings this putz thought he was being, but MY GOD, if you think BJ is so amazing and so loving, why did you have to do it to her that way? She might be a lot of things, but this girl is all heart and to hurt and humiliate her publicly is beyond cruel. I hate you, Tony.

Fox did have their hands in this I am sure, and manipulated the footage for all it was worth. However, my question is, how much can you push and bully people into doing?

Why recite the flowery vows and look into each others eyes only to take out an Uzi and blast them away?

Fox saved the money and delivered the drama!

I don't think I'll get over this for a very long time, or at least until Mr. Personality starts. I wonder what new torments are in store for us there? I can think of one, her name is Monica Lewinsky.
    Last edited by CaliGirl; 04-15-2003 at 03:38 PM.

Re: Married by America - The Final Indignity!

Originally posted by CaliGirl

I hate you, Tony.

Fox did have their hands in this I am sure, and manipulated the footage for all it was worth. However, my question is, how much can you push and bully people into doing?

!!!!!!!!

I don't think I'll get over this for a very long time, or at least until Mr. Personality starts. I wonder what new torments are in store for us there? I can think of one, her name is Monica Lewinsky.
    Bwaaaahaaawaaaa
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

lol_its_fun
    Bottom line:

Jill represents a lot of women out there: no money, no honey.

And Tony the jerk also represents many men out there: woohoo, the stripper is hot, wait I can't get married now...and Billie Jeanne is not that hot compared to the stripper.

I felt Tony had us all thinking last night that he just might say 'I do'. When he conveyed his feelings to Billie Jean, I must say that I could almost feel some of the hurt and humiliation she must have felt at that moment. No one deserves that kind of hurt. I just hope he (Tony) never goes this far again in a relationship, and ends up breaking some other girl's heart, too. This just isn't
    nice at all.

FORT Fogey

Re: Married by America - The Final Indignity!

Jill's Mom on the other hand, surprised me with her strength and her sincerity. I know who wears the pants in that family.
    And I know who wears the wifebeater and medallion!

That's a load of BS about his family not accepting her, I think it just was about Kevin being pretty much, erm, unemployed.
    I agree. Also, I don't think Jill has any real intention of posing for Air-Brushed Monthly in the future. I think she was just doing an awful job of communicating her stubbornness (is that two Ns?) and didn't want to seem like she was obeying Kevin's edict not to pose again.

She might be a lot of things, but this girl is all heart and to hurt and humiliate her publicly is beyond cruel.
    That's right! She didn't deserve to be hurt like that and we, the audience, didn't deserve to see that close-up of her all teary and puffy. Poor BJ.

Why recite the flowery vows and look into each others eyes only to take out an Uzi and blast them away?

I saw Monica on Entertaiment Tonight last night and she was being interviewed from the shoulders up and looked decent. Then we got a long-lens shot of her standing next to the girl from Mr. Personality and all I can say is Rubenesque, and I'm not talking about the guy from American Idol although that makes sense too.

FORT Fogey
    OMG DD, first of all many thanks for your great commentary, secondly, your spelling is correct - 2 b's, 2 n's, 2 s's, and last but best, there is an ACTUAL site called Rubenesque (wow, what will they think of next?)

http://www.rubenesque.net/ -- link to it, Monica!

FORT Fogey
    Thanks, CG!

And what if some of the masked suitors decide they'd rather have a go at Monica? Now that would be a twist!

FORT Newbie
    I'm sorry, but with all that drama this finale was the best reality show in history bar none. Best tragic wedding fiasco since the Dynasty cliffhanger.

+ Reply to Thread