+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Billie Jean

s_chastain2003
    I am married, and although I LOVE my husband, I "took a chance" when I vowed to spend the rest of my life with someone. You are right, marriage is something you only do once and something you should do right, however, I think that bJ was doing what she thought was right for her.

I agree with John's philosophy that when you sign up for this type of show, you are leaving yourself open to the ridicule and humiliation that most assuredly will follow.

However, I thought last night was a new low. I shared fluff's bad feeling while I was watching it. I think part of it was because we could see the train wreck coming for many weeks now in the case of Billie Jean.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey

The Ballad of Billie Jeanne

originally posted by s_chastain2003
    marriage is something you only do once and something you should do right, however, I think that bJ was doing what she thought was right for her.
    I couldn't agree more. Billie Jeanne was selected by Tony's family and friends because HE was the one who wanted to get married and was ready to settle down.

She is getting the raw deal here. I don't want to question her motives or judge her for going into this show and falling for the guy. It was obvious that Billie Jeanne was sincere.

Tony is the creep who put himself on the block and then decided after getting everything from Billie Jeanne including the chicken made any way he liked (I didn't see Jill doing any cooking -- I thought they had their food prepared for them), only to have him shoot her down at the end.

To be honest, I'd always thought of Billy Jean as one of those histrionic, overly needy, delusional, psycho girlfriends, who just cannot seem to grasp that it's not enough to have one love for two. My opinion of her has not done a 180, but I do have to say I felt really terrible for her on Monday. No one deserves to be treated the way Tony treated her. That was just awful! Her friend was right for chewing Tony out as being less than a man for not being up front enough to break it off with her in a more dignified manner as opposed to humiliating her in public. I really felt very, very badly to see her so devastated.

Tony's a sleaze, and so is FOX for airing this totally exploitative bull poop!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I agree, SnowflakeGirl. No one deserves that kind of heart-wrenching that Tony inflicted on Billie Jean...and right on national tv like that. I thnik perhaps he needs a few pointers or lessons on how to treat a lady before he gets involved again. His actions were totally uncalled for.

If Tony really didn't know what he was going to do up until teven the night before, I don't know how he could have done it in a better way, other than to go through with a ceremony eh shouldn't have. The minister asked her first. Tony hadn't spoken to her for a couple days, as they'd been seperated by the show.

Now, I realize he probably knew what he was going to do before he left after that "I love you" dinner, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Sleeping with George W
    Just a random thought ...

I thought this show was supposed to be about "arranged marriages." Get some contestants who just truly want to be married, match them up with someone who also truly wants to get married, and see if they can make a go of it.

When you think about it, only Billie Jeanne really stayed true to that idea. Maybe she wouldn't have, if they had picked someone butt-ugly for her. But then again, maybe she would. The girl wants a husband and a father for her children. That's what arranged marriage is all about!

In a true arranged marriage, romantic love isn't important. Only in relatively modern times in the Western world has romantic love been considered an appropriate basis for marriage. Everyone except Billie Jeanne dumped out of these arranged engagements because the "lurrrrrrve" just wasn't there.

I'd have been interested to see BJ matched up with Xavier or Matt. I think those two guys, especially Matt, probably really did just want to be married.

Of course, the cynic in me says they are all a bunch of fame whores who went on TV for the exposure.

But damn ... I really wanted to see a modern day arranged marriage where people made a commitment to learn to love one another over time! With normal, real, maybe even (gasp) unattractive people as contestants. THAT would be a GREAT show!

it would be a great show, and because of that would probably never happen... at least the unattractive part
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    I think everyone in America saw that coming to Billie Jean, except for her. It was pretty cruel, and devastating, but hardly surprising. Well actually, I'm sort of surprised Tony didn't just marry her for the money. Shocked actually. But on second thought, I think the only reason he didn't was because he knew that America would never pick them to get the money anyway.

Along those lines, I'm surprised Jill didn't do it for the money and fame (talk about a fame whore) since she had to know they'd be picked. Poor Kevin is the real story. That was the shocker. Poor drunken, dumb Kevin.

lol_its_fun
    Unlike most of you guys, I don't feel bad for Billie Jean at all. She has to take part of the responsibility herself for the failure of this relationship with Tony the jerk. And nobody asked her to give out so much of herself to a stranger in such a short time. True love takes time to develop, and if BJ still doesn't understand at her age, then she is stupid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast