+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode 5 (03/24) MBA post-show discussion

Episode 5 (03/24) MBA post-show discussion

Just starting the thread for any discussions about tonight's MBA episode.

FORT Fogey

Married By The Mob

Cool, Wolf!

I will be watching if only to see some fireworks at last! Especially if they're delivered by Ms. P - the Neighborhood Sage.

Well, it wasn't Ms. P. It was the other quack when he called Jennifer "cold, brittle, and distant". Ouch!!!!

But you know what. Xavier was right. The truth hearts, and Jennifer didn't like what she saw in the mirrort. I still felt bad for her because she was humiliated in front of the other couples. I cringe everytime the panel of heartless quacks asks questions. I do think they need to be a little bit more constructive.

Also, showing the fantasy dates were a bit tasteless, imo. At least Kevin was smart enough to put a towel over the camera.

Now next week's episode does look like there will be fireworks with the Jill's family berating Kevin, and Billie Jean's friends saying that Tony needs to clean up his apartment.

FORT Fogey
    I strongly believe panelist Don Elium should have apologized to Jennifer.

He should have said, "I'm sorry. I left out frigid."

Seriously though, this panel has about as much professionalism as arena football. Don is obviously still bitter about some woman that done him wrong and has vowed to spend the rest of his life buying turtlenecks from the Men's Warehouse Outlet and desparately trying to get his picture on http://www.menwholooklikekennyrogers.com.

Ms. P. had a look like she got up on the wrong side of the bed. You know what, I think I cut her off on Sunset Blvd. once and she gave me that same evil-eye! Jesus, she's an advice-giver?

As for Dr. Jenn Berman, she might be the nicest one but then again she doeishly (is that a word?) nods in approval if you were to answer "42" to any of her questions.

The only semi-respectable professional there was Dr. Pepper Schwartz. Get it? "Dr. Pepper?" Ugh, what FOX will do for ratings. But for a sex-professional, didn't she seem kinda...immature? If she asked me how I like it, I'd respond with my usual "filthy," and she'd collaspe into a fit of giggles.

Anyway, highlight of the night was Billie Jean's 1970s flip hairdo, Stephen calling it "the military position" and Jennifer saying something like "...yeah, Xavier is really touchy. His sister was here and he's all about hugging and kissing..." Huh? I didn't order any incest!

Ok, sorry if this has been mentioned before but does anyone think Tony is actually actor Steve Zahn working for scale?

Originally posted by Deep Dish
    Seriously though, this panel has about as much professionalism as arena football.
    Most definitely! I'm sorry, but they seem to be a bit ruthless with the couples. Tony and BJean sure let them know how they felt about their questioning. I'm also glad Jennifer told them that she felt hurt by those comments about her, which actually look to be dead on, but he didn't need to just blurt them out like that. That was totally rude, unprofessional, and uncalled for, imo.

Ms. P. had a look like she got up on the wrong side of the bed. You know what, I think I cut her off on Sunset Blvd. once and she gave me that same evil-eye! Jesus, she's an advice-giver?

I don't think Jennifer was ultimately humiliated by the "cold, brittle" comment. She defended her dignity rather well and delivered a rather brutal comment back to the source. (She denounced their business practices.) Xavier mentioned that the panelists "held up a mirror" to Jennifer only because his ego was bruised on national TV.

I have to add, I don't see anything wrong with Jennifer or Stephen's distancing. It is not necessarily the case that the two are not passionate, caring people. They just happen to be coupled with people who require immediate affection to help them feel secure.

I was not happy with Denise's conversation, in bed, with Stephen. She keeps drawing attention to the fact that something must be wrong with her for Stephen to refuse to kiss her. She catalogued her good points and then wondered aloud if she should lose weight. Denise is someone who looks to someone else to be happy with herself. There is nothing intrinsically bad about that, I suppose, but Stephen (unsurprisingly) was turned off by the pressuring. Also, the bed is not a good place to discuss these matters. It was smart of Stephen to not begin the dynamic where one partner verbally reassures the other that they're really okay. But, I think he was guilt-tripped into making out with Denise that night.

FORT Newbie

Stephen & Denise

I agree with Shayla. I don't blame Stephen for not wanting to display too much affection to Denise. After all, they hardly know each other. As for Denise, I think she is very insecure and needs constant reassurance from someone else for her own well-being. After all, I felt like she guilt-tripped Stephen into making out with her that night. I thought that was kinda low. Any woman with self-esteem wouldn'tve done what Denise did that night. It was cheesy!!!!!

Welcome Miya!

Yeah, I do agree with you guys on that Denise seems to be too needy. She was begging constantly for Stephen to kiss her, and he probably felt sorry for her and made out with her in the end. I don't see this relationship working.

Stephen & Denise

I don't really see Stephen and Denise working out either. It makes me cringe sometimes to see just how uncomfortable he seems.

However, I would like to see Stephen step up to the plate and be honest about at least some of how he feels. He told the cameras that he likes to be the pursuer and wants to be the one to make the first move. Says he gets tuned off when women chase him. Maybe if he was upfront with Denise and just told her that outright she would change her tactics. How can you meet your partner's needs and make them comfortable if you are unaware of what those needs are.

But then again, it's all in the editing and perhaps Denise is very aware that Stephen prefers to be the pursuer and she simply doesn't have the patience and is too darn needy.

Either way, this doesn't seem to bode well for a long term relationship.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast