+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode 4 (03/17) post-show discussion

Episode 3 (03/17) post-show discussion

I don't know about ya'll, but the show didn't get any better for me. The couples were boring! Yes, I know they are just getting to know each other, but it was painful to watch.

I felt really bad for Matt. He did seem to want to get to know Cortez, but she wasn't putting any effort into the relationship. Granted she didn't feel any chemistry between her and Matt, but she should've at least tried to get to know Matt a little better. He looked crushed in the end.

And what's up with Stephen? He was practically begging for someone to love in the first show, and now he's having second thoughts about this whole deal. He seems so unhappy, but I don't see him putting any effort in the relationship, either. Poor Denise!

Doesn't suprise me a bit about Jennifer though. She seemed like a hard person to please and she's proving it. Xavier can't do anything right as far as she's concerned.

Billie Jean and Tony are just lusting over each other, imo. That will wear off soon.

Jill and Kevin are all over each other, but he did seem a bit ticked off with the 'pre-marital sex' question from the panel.

Oh, and I didn't like the panel set up. Why do they ask the questions right in front of everyone? That's just humilating, imo.

I couldn't agree with you more Wolf.

I think that the panel was going to boot Stephen and Denise, but based upon the question answers went with Matt and Cortez.

Matt tried, Cortez didn't. I agree with her that there needs to be chemistry, but she made no effort to find it.

I think they had nothing to go after Kevin and Jill with, so they went to knock him off guard. I thought the question was out of line, even for this show. Kevin and Jill remain the favorites in my eyes.

Billie Jean and Tony are just horny together, you are right Wolf, that is going to wear off. Looks like next week.

Xavier is actually surprising me. I thought he was a playa, but he is trying very hard. I believe my title for Jennifer of "No one is good enough girl" seems to be accurate.

Steven and Denise need to get something going, or actually Steven does. If he doesn't feel and attraction, then he should say so, but to say he does, but then freeze her out is just rude.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Newbie

I missed it *sob*

I don't get Fox, but one of our Canadian channels has been running "Married by America" -- but tonight, for some unknown reason, they decided to air a rerun of "Everybody Loves Raymond" instead!

I'm devastated! And I don't even know why -- I haven't watched Reality TV since the first Real World on MTV. I was flipping channels one night and caught a glimpse of Xavier acting all suave and French and now I'm mesmerized by this awful show!

Will someone please tell me what happened with him and Jennifer? Did his suaveness not work on her? If someone could give me the details, I'd be grateful! Thanks!

Miss Anthropy - I'm a little tired, plus my bad memory... so I can't remember the show all that well. But I do remember him putting his arm around her while sleeping and her telling him to back off.

There will be a full recap up tomorrow Miss A (and welcome to the FORT!), but suffice to say that Xavier is making no progress with Jennifer.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

He made some comments, however, toward the end of the show which I appreciated. One of the panelists remarked that Jennifer had been warding off his advances, and Xavier called that the good kind of pain. The other contestants chuckled.

Then, the judges observed that women have been practically falling all over him, ordinarily. And, Xavier said that he'd have to work harder for Jennifer. He said he'd have to become a "better person." I found his comments thoughtful and sweet (or I'm just easily wooed by these types of things). It seems that he has the willingness to make things work with Jennifer. To him that translates to self-growth.

The other contestant I enjoyed, but felt sad for, was Matt. Am I the only one who finds a good sense of humor sexy?

What the hell is going on with this show? It is all over the place. It's called Married by America. First, family and friends did the initial selection, down to two, which left America very little choice. Okay, once the choice was made, we found out that they would "try each other out" for a few days. Then decide. Then, we find out, that a group of "experts" will do some further cutting. It's been a typical bait-and-switch Fox show.

Secondly, the couples were pretty boring. I don't find any of the couples that interesting. The one couple that was interesting, Matt and Cortez, were voted off the island. And they were only interesting because he was trying so damn hard to get a flicker of a spark started in her. And she kept pouring water on that spark.

Billy Jean's screen moments have really been toned down. I still think she's an idiot, but no longer really hate her. She seems to really have a strong itch to scratch, and is getting it scratched, but once their "fun" of immature behavior wears off, I think they will be in as much trouble as any of the other couples.

FORT Newbie
    Steven is not at all attracted to denise ! it is so obvious. But I guess he feels uncomfortable saying it out loud in front of the panel and everyone else, but he should tell her.

FORT Newbie
    Denise has a weird looking body. I would have to see her in a swim suit. Her cellulite was hanging out everywhere last night when they were sitting for the panel. She looked kind of dumpy in her dresses she wore on the program.

I think Steven's body language speaks for itself.
    I don't find him attractive at all and think his sourpuss face needs a shave.
    IMO
    I also found it refreshing that Denise wasn't this tiny little 'I only eat lettuce' girl.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast