+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode 3 (03/10) post-show discussion

Episode 3 (03/10) post-show discussion

For those watching, post your discussions of Episode 3 here.

FORT Newbie

replay?

Anyone have any idea if a reply of tonight's show will be available? I saw the first two, and had to miss tonight's .. would love to see it ...

:

Judy

BTW
    FORT Fanatic
    I doubt it. I don't think it would draw that many viewers. I was switching channels back and forth. In fact, I missed whatever was said about the married Denise. Did the other Denise truly get more votes? If anyone saw it, tell us? I thought the first couple was the best - Jill and ? That Billy Jean/Jo (whatever) is already getting on my nerves. Why do I think those two will ham it up enough to be the winners?! I think it may just keep getting worse, although I will probably watch to see who wins..... If I can stand it!

I haven't seen it yet (west coast) but I will recap it. I think it is very likely that the other Denise was going to win that vote anyways.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Well, I saw it and Denise D. (the nice one) had a landslide vote. They only said it was 3 to 1. I bet only 4 people voted.

Anyway, the other Denise L was dumbfounded when the host told her they knew she was married. She just kept smiling and saying NO! I actually felt bad for her because she was humiliated in front of everyone. Backstage, they showed Denise L. her marriage certificate. She said she went to Las Vegas and found herself married. She was probably drunk. Anyway, she claims that she never was a couple with that guy she married. How embarrashing for her, but she should've annulled it, if that was the case.

I really liked Kevin and Jill. (the 1st couple) They seemed to hit it off. Billie Jean is definitely a firecracker. Tony is going to have his hands full (literally) with her.

I got the feeling that Stephen was disappointed with Denise D. He had this look on his face like he was in his own little world. He said to Denise D, "I hope you are the perfect woman". How can anyone live up to that expectations? Or it could've just been nerves, too.

I agree with you Wolf. Steven appeared to be disappointed, but it could also have been nerves. I think Denise D. will grow on him, as she was pretty close to what he was asking for.

I think Jill and Kevin looked most happy with each other right off the bat.

Matt seemed happy with Cortez, but she was kind of aloof (and sweating a lot), but I hope they hit it off, as they both seemed like nice people.

Billie Jean is quite a character, and while Tony looked like a deer in the headlights at first, he started to hold his own, and the previews for next week indicate that they have no trouble getting along together.

Jennifer and Xavier looked more like a catalog couple than a real couple, and that one doesn't seem destined for a future. Who knows though, the previews can be deceptive.

As for Denise L., she did try to shake her head no at first, but then gave up and just stood there smiling. Really Sean was hardly the right guy to use for a confrontation, and if nothing else, people felt sorry for her by the time it was done.

Hmmm... maybe I will just cut and paste this as my recap
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

The way the show exposed Denise was distasteful, imo.

It didn't seem to me that Stephen was disappointed with the OtherDenise. But, perhaps I wasn't watching his expressions closely enough.

Although I didn't care much for Xavier at first, he's kind of growing on me like some kind of beautiful mold. I like his smile. He does seem sincere to me. Let me be allowed to take this back later.

In general, throughout the show, I felt mostly giddy and embarrassed for everyone.

Jill and Kevin's meeting was so perfect, they really made a tough act to follow. They both are unbelievably good-looking, poised and well-spoken (Kevin's proposal speech got me all verklempt in spite of myself). I like them a lot, and I actually hope it works for them as "Love at First Sight".

Cortez and Matt seemed much more like what I have would have expected normal, every day people to be like. Now I could relate to that: nervous, sweating, bumbling. But I think they're an endearing couple, and I hope it works out between them too. Most everyone else on the show has soap opera star looks, so for me, personally, I'm kind of pulling for the couple that looks more like the average people who might actually be watching the show.

Billie Jean. She is certainly not my lover. I'm sorry, I just don't know how long I'll be able to stand this woman. She seems deliriously happy just to be on TV, and of all the people on this show, she seems the most insincere & self-promoting of the bunch. And what is she on? Really, she acts like she did a big fat rail of coke in the dressing room before going out to launch her assault on Tony & the unwitting American public. What was up w/ that odd little shimmy-dance, and lifting her skirt? I pray to God that America won't fall for her manic bar whore antics, because watching her will give me nervous tic!

Xavier and Jennifer don't seem to have good chemistry off the bat. I love your evocative phrase, Shayla, that Xavier is "growing on [you] like some kind of beautiful mold." I admit he seemed really unctuous to me last week, but seeing him so genuinely nervous tonight hit my sympathy chord. Jennifer struck me as very reserved, defensive maybe--5 weeks may not be enough to break through the walls of someone that uptight. Who knows with this couple.

Finally, I am going to agree with the peanut gallery that observed that Stephen seemed perhaps a bit disappointed with Denise, rather sad b/c they both seem, on their own, very nice individuals. Of all the meetings, theirs seemed the most awkward. I like the couples that made attempts to talk or joke with each other, or hold hands. Even crazy BJ & Tony. They were trying to cope with a crazy situation w/ humor or gestures of intimacy--a good sign, b/c Lord knows if any of these couples ever seriously attempt matrimony, such coping skills are key to keeping the marriage together. But Stephen & Denise? STONE COLD. Don't think it bodes well for the future. I guess we'll see.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Hey, BTW, did anyone else notice they were recycling the Joe Millionaire music to score the show this evening?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Excellent write-up, Snowflake.
    (Kevin's proposal speech got me all verklempt in spite of myself).
    I completely relate. At that point in the show, I was smiling and peeking through horror-movie fingers. Eep! What saps we are!
    And what is she on? Really, she acts like she did a big fat rail of coke in the dressing room before going out to launch her assault on Tony & the unwitting American public.
    Heeheehee...
    -----
    I still don't buy that Denise and Stephen aren't too into each other. Denise strikes me as a fairly shy woman, and, if Stephen is respectful of others' boundaries, then he'd be more willing to hold off on showering her with affection. He was the one who, in the first episode, said something to the effect of wanting to give a woman everything. It doesn't surprise me that he would just be carefully behaved on the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast