+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox's Married Player.

I didn't see it--what did they do to her?
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

After Denise D. (brunette, nice gal) won the votes from America, the host turns to Denise L. (the already married chick) and basically said, "Since this is a show called 'Married by America' then Denise, you cannot be married by America because you are already married. We discovered the records and you are married. Do you have anything to say?" Then there is silence and she just looks dumbfounded and shakes her head to the audience, mouthing "no" and just stands there. The host shrugs and says "No comment? Well then, goodbye Denise L." The audience is basically tittering and laughing. She goes backstage and says to the camera "It was an elopement in Las Vegas. I do not have a white picket fence, living together type of marriage with this guy. I never see him," she says nervously while producers show her the marriage certificate.
    This may not be accurate, but perhaps the show's website has the transcript to this event last night? If anyone has a better explanation of what happened, please describe it.
    Thanks!
    :stupid "Beaker says: Reality TV Rules! Meep!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I can't say I have much sympathy for her. (of course, I've never seen the show, but it seems pretty obvious by the title that you'd need to be single :rolleyes)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Like Phat said, I'm glad she handled the situtation pretty good. She could've easily made the situation even worse by answering the accusations right in front of the crowd. That's what FOX execs were probably hoping for, but I'm glad it didn't happen.

Sure, Denise put herself in that situation by not having her marriage annulled before going on this show, but she doesn't deserve public humilation just so FOX can get ratings. Sort of reminds me of the public stonings and the witch burning trials.

She didn't make herself look good by shaking her head "no", in direct response to the having never been married question. I mean she had to know that they were on to her.

Yes, she did not consider that a real marriage, but to stand there and blatantly deny having signed a marriage license is downright stupid.

No, she didn't look good, but she didn't make a bigger fool of herself like FOX hoped she would.

She's no good.

She is not too bright I bet she got kicked in the head by too manny bulls. She must have love her husband to be marry to him too everybody who fell sorry for her I don't I only feel sorry for her husband. They did see each other too much because he was in the Navy and I bet she was cheating on him.

They had him and his parents on Inside Edition Monday and Today.

I am no way defending Denise's attempted defrauding of FOX and the American public (I do agree that it's pretty stupid for her to just "forget" to annul a marriage, maybe she was too busy at the manicurist's or getting her roots done, who knows).

What I object to is the way the show's producers deliberately sat on this and then used it on last night's episode in such a sordid and exploitative way. The story had been broken to news outlets last week, and the background checkers probably knew about it before then too, so they had plenty of time to make a decision over how to handle the situation. I think the decent way to handle it would have been to disqualify her discreetly and perhaps bring the third place person in, or (since the vote turned out for other Denise anyway) not have a replacement but just announce the winner and let it go. They didn't have to bring her on and put her through a melodramatic gauntlet. I felt like I was watching the barbaric public stoning of an adulteress in the dark ages.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Poor Denise...she was young and obviously smashed when she said "I do". She didn't think the thing was legal...I mean, she says, "I was in another state and didn't have any family there!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast