+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Married' Suitor Denise Not Quite Single Enough

'Married' Suitor Denise Not Quite Single Enough

'MARRIED' SUITOR DENISE NOT QUITE SINGLE ENOUGH

By MICHAEL STARR
    NYPost.com

March 6, 2003 -- WHO knew they disqualified you from Fox's new reality show "Married by America" for already being married?
    Denise L., a "suitor" on "Married," turns out to be separated - but not yet divorced - from her husband, thus breaking the show's rules of eligibility.

"Entertainment Tonight" broke the story last night.

"ET" segment producer Jane Cantillon, who confirmed the story, said that the day after the show debuted on Fox, a woman named Karen called a San Diego radio station claiming to be Denise L.'s sister-in-law.

"She said, 'Hey, I was watching 'Married by America' and a funny thing - Denise L. is not single. She's married to my brother - and, by the way, those are fake boobs,' " Cantillon quoted Karen as saying.

"The radio station called me and I managed to finally confirm the story at Fox," Cantillon said. "They had no idea but they're grateful that we brought it to their attention."

Fox says the matter will be dealt with on Monday's "Married By America."

"We will not discuss the personal lives of show participants - however, it is against the rules to have participated in the show if you are or have ever been married," said a Fox spokesman.

"It was not known to the producers that this participant was married, and the situation will be dealt with on Monday's episode."

Cantillon said Denise L. is sequestered and has no idea that everyone now knows she's married.

In the show, five singles are searching for a potential mate from a group of "suitors" - with America voting by phone on who should end up together.

"Married By America," which premiered last Monday night, snared roughly 8 million viewers - a far cry from the 20 million viewers who had tuned into Fox's "Joe Millionaire."

Too frickin' funny!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

It shouldn't be called " Married by America"...it should be called "Married by America after meddling Moms, Dads, Best Friends and Roommates Get Done Butting In On The Game".

Sleeping with George W
    Sequestered???

How could she think she was getting away with this? Has Sarah "Tie Me Up" Kozer not taught us anything?

"Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eden
    Sequestered???

Yes, the contestants are all being totally isolated, with no phone calls unless supervised, no laptops and no pagers.

Like Gilligan's Island--"not a single luxury".

which one was denise L.? Does anyone have a picture?
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

Originally posted by spegs
    How could she think she was getting away with this? Has Sarah "Tie Me Up" Kozer not taught us anything?

We didn't forget about poor Frenchie either!!!
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

There's a picture accompanying this article on E! Online News.

I remember her riding a bull on the tv shows Hard Copy and Maximum Exposure. Boy she wants to famous that bad I bet her husband is embarrassed about this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast