+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 (03/03) post-show discussion

Episode 1 (03/03) post-show discussion

Please keep post-show discussion here. If you'd like to comment on individuals, you can do that also in their separate threads.

Thanks!

Sleeping with George W
    Ok, this was a very, very weird show. I don't know where to begin. Strange contestants with strange family and friends. If I were those "suitors" I'd run for the hills! Interesting that, unlike The Bachelor(ette), "contestants" were not given the option of backing out.

Weird, man!

Weird is right.

Standout weirdos: Jill's Dad and Billie Jean's roommate. Would love to be a fly on the wall in that house. Whoa!

Weird and dull show. I don't know if I'll keep watching it because the show just didn't hold my attention.

Jill's Dad was rude to a couple of the contestants.

26 and counting..... yankeefan52188's Avatar
    I won't really want to watch it, but with like every other reality show on FOX, I just end up watching it....weird. You're right, it doesn't really grab your attention, like a Joe Millionaire (well for some of us, lol) or Survivor or something. It's an odd show, I'll give it that.

I think it had potential.

But... It is very complicated and focuses on the wrong things. For example, they don't tell us how the the initial five were chosen for each person. But they spend forever introducing them.

The whole process is a bit convoluted, but could be better if they spent less time tying to build up the tension, and more time showing things like the private interviews.

The host annoyed me about the second time he said "Bro". Please...

It seemed like Steven was almost saying "pick Denise D." in his little last second plea.

Overall, I yawned a lot. I am curious though as to whom will be chosen, so I shall watch it. I suppose I have to anyway, as I am recapping it.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I watched for a little while but this was just way to weird.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

To be fair to the show, this week is all setup. There's another hour on Wednesday to complete the setup. Next Monday is when it starts to get good, supposedly.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Okay, I might get blasted for this, but here it goes.

I'm sorry, but I just can't watch this show. People that are willing to have someone else choose their spouse have no respect for the institution of marriage at all. I mean, at least with shows like The Bachelor the people are trying to pick their own spouse, however quick it might be. I can't believe that any of these marriages "by America" would actually last. Talk about a quick way to get the divorce rate up over 50%.

The highlight of the show was when the host asked us to please dial carefully! This is important people! Heaven forbid your fingers should slip and this poor, innocent single might end up fake-engaged to the wrong total stranger!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast