+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Smoking Gun: Contestant Memo

The Smoking Gun: Contestant Memo

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/marriedby1.html

See the link for the full memo, that is the notification of acceptance to be on the show, and prepares the contestants for eight weeks of sequestration.

================

MARCH 3--No phone. No TV. No pager. No computer. No unaccompanied trips outside your room. Sounds like the restrictions placed on someone under house arrest or a juror deliberating during a major criminal trial. Instead, these are some of the rules imposed on the quintet of contestants competing in "Married by America," the Fox TV reality show debuting tonight. The below "hotel sequestering" memo was distributed last month by the show's producer, Rocket Science Laboratories, to program participants. "Married by America" features contestants who have agreed to sight-unseen engagements engineered via a viewer vote. According to the memo, contestants need to be locked down like Gitmo enemy combatants to maintain "the integrity of this production." When TSG contacted one of the document's authors, producer Shannon Keenan, she didn't want to answer questions, but did confirm that a sequestering memo had been distributed. So we're not sure why the show--supposedly an unscripted reality program--needed "rehearsals." (3 pages)
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I am suuure that the rehersals were for the wedding! You know...rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

No TV, No computer? Bah!

Wow, I just got done reading that, and I would say the worst thing is that they expect you to put your own personal credit card on file at the hotel to pay for "extras", because they only pay for the room & tax. Then, they go on to say that most of your meals will be via room service (after they've already said that room service charges are your own responsibility).

So, they lock you in yoor room for 8 weeks, missing work, and on top of it all, they make you pay for 168 room-service (aka expensive) meals.

What a joke!

Wow! at $20 a meal that is $3,360. I would rather take a vacation. A real vacation.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I noticed that too John. Certainly seems like confirmation to me that these folks are paying for their publicity.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I just wonder how many really read it all the way through and caught that and did the math?

Jeez, they aren't even getting the gig fully paid for?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by John
    No TV, No computer? Bah!
    (As Homer) No TV and no computer make phat32...something something...
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

LG.
    Go Crazy?

Don't mind if I do! (Boing, Sproing, Bouncing off the Walls Sound).

phat
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread