+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why this show will fail.

Just going to waste... DigitalPrince's Avatar
    > This show would be 100% better...

I agree, Spegs. After the first half hour or so I spent too much time trying to figure out what they were going to do next and how they were going to cram the matching up of all 30 contestants into the time which remained. It would have been better with 2 to-be-marrieds (one male, one female) and their 10 contestants carried all the way to completion.

And if they're going to give out the phone numbers they should let people call in then and vote rather than telling everyone to hold off until *after* the show! After the show I was doing something else. Dumb move on their part IMO.
    ______________________________ _______
    TV - It Just Keeps Gettin' Better & Better!

I'm the Queen, Thats Why! tuff_cookie's Avatar
    This is a BAD show. Pretty awful to watch. i guess if nothings on . . .
    from,

one TUFF COOKIE

Excited for Amazing Race 5!!
    Addicted to For Love Or Money :S

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    I had a really hard time getting into the first episode and taped the second and never bothered to watch it. Now I just look in here every so often and don't even bother to watch the show. I figure there must be a problem if a reality show doesn't hook me...my family call me the queen of reality shows.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

well, it seems to me that what should have been an exciting voting and selection process was just the opposite.

Those of us committed to watching this thing to the very end (and visions of the Hindenburg dance in my head) are hoping that the ranch time together will be more entertaining.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Del
    What is it P.T. Barnum said? I think it's

"Nobody ever went broke understimating the taste of the American public."

Just going to waste... DigitalPrince's Avatar
    Shouldn't this show have been called " *Engaged* by America"? I mean, everyone's all paired up and it looks like they'll be sleeping together in the next episode, but no one has married anyone yet. I feel ripped off.
    ______________________________ _______
    TV - It Just Keeps Gettin' Better & Better!

Originally posted by DigitalPrince
    Shouldn't this show have been called " *Engaged* by America"? I mean, everyone's all paired up and it looks like they'll be sleeping together in the next episode, but no one has married anyone yet. I feel ripped off.
    I feel the same as you. They should've gotten engaged on the first episode, then married in the next. After all, the show is MARRIED by America.

I was kind of disappointed that the family had big hand in chosing the fiance(e)s. I was hoping it would only be up to the public!

If I had it my way, I'd have them married to the biggest dorks, the most incompatible, I could find! I think that would make television!

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Those of us committed to watching this thing to the very end (and visions of the Hindenburg dance in my head) are hoping that the ranch time together will be more entertaining.

I feel for you Bill, I really do!

FORT Newbie
    What makes no sense to me is..

They go before this panel of wannabe doctors and psycologists and they determine which couples should stay together and which ones they will seperate...how dumb is that???

If "America" wanted the couples to break up..would we have ever voted? After I saw that, I was like "Nope..not watching again".

I want to chime in to the chorus of voices that bemoan the misnomer "MARRIED by America."

I agree with Spegs, DigitalPrince, and KockyKamikaze who have all said that the marriage should have happened already.

Also, like This Is Reality mentions above, I was cheesed off that the elimination decision was made by the panel of quacks the producers assembled & not "America" at all.

I too am confused by this show. The lack of any apparent structure, the suspicious time-travel previews of a show that I thought was "live", the half-baked conceptualization. It's aggravating!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12