+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Married By America" Casting Call

"Married By America" Casting Call

Are you ready to be "MARRIED BY AMERICA"?

In America, people usually find love and marriage in the traditional way. You meet, fall in love and tie the knot. But the failure rate is pretty high.

What if there's a better way?

"MARRIED BY AMERICA" (tentative title) is a groundbreaking reality-based show that invites the viewing audience to be your personal matchmaker.

With the help of relationship experts, potential mates will be hand picked, especially for you.

Then, your closest friends and family will have the chance to meet these singles, and winnow them down to two.

All the while the home audience will be getting to know you and what you're looking for in love, so they can weigh in and make the final decision - which of these partners is right for you.

We're looking for singles, men and women who've never been married, who are interested in being setup in an arranged marriage and willing to get engaged to someone they've never met. You should be between the ages of 21-39, with no children.

If you're willing to let America be your matchmaker, follow the instructions.

----
    Instructions:

To be considered as a potential Participant on "MARRIED BY AMERICA" (tentative title), you will need to create a videotape entry.

PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND PRINT BOTH DOCUMENTS.

The first document ("Audition Guidelines") contains instructions as to how to submit a videotape entry. Please read carefully and follow ALL instructions when creating your videotape.

The second document, the Short Form Questionnaire must be filled out COMPLETELY, by you and in your own handwriting, and enclosed with your videotape. Any tape received without an accompanying questionnaire will not be reviewed. You must answer EVERY QUESTION in order for your application to be processed. If a question does not apply to you, you must write N/A.

To open these documents, you will need Abode Acrobat installed on your computer.

Download the Audition Guidelines

Download the Questionnaire

Send your tapes to:

Chaos Theory
    10829 Washington Blvd.
    Culver City, CA 90232
    Attn: MBA Casting

Oh good grief.
    I think this sounds like a good idea for a spoof of a reality show, but for an actual show it's a very poor idea.

I wonder whether we'll get another glimpse of Texas Heather from the Bachelor on this show.

I love the line from their criteria, "we're looking for people......willing to get engaged to someone they've never met".
    For that read, desperate attention whore.
    "That's Numberwang!"

This was originally supposed to be called "Married in America", as I recall. I'm betting they ran into a problem with the A&E documentary of the same name.

When the "experts" are picking people for the contestants I wonder if they will go by the "opposites attract" adage.

The idea that you can participate in this show at the age of 21 bothers me too. I think a marriage from this show will probably be a disaster at any age, but 21 seems awfully young to be entering into this type of arrangement.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by fluff
    The idea that you can participate in this show at the age of 21 bothers me too. I think a marriage from this show will probably be a disaster at any age, but 21 seems awfully young to be entering into this type of arrangement.
    Agree completely. And why leave out the 40-somethings and those previously married? That's when it's hardest to find someone!

Eden,
    Now that would be a show. Married at fourty! Show how many people 40 and over are available and goodl ooking. I know there are sooo many! I would watch that! We need to see what 40 is supposed to look like now that everyone is living longer and taking better care of themselves.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Newbie
    They would have slim pickin's if they did a 40 and older show. Young peple will do anything. Take Fear Factor for example these kids will eat anything for a measley 50K dollars. They just don't realize after taxes your lucky if you end up with 30K. Kids...they do the darndest things!

Hmm...I still think 21 is too young to get married on a show like this one. Oh well...like Thumpy said, "Kids do the darndest things!"

This show should be called "Put On A Date By America". Anyone getting married on that show is expecting immediate divorce. I'm sure they'll both be quite willing to get a quick divorce if their date - I mean marriage - doesn't work out.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

That's what Darva Conger and Rick did. I'm sure these contestants are thinking a quick annullment will get them out of the predicament they got themselves into.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast