+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manhunt 11-23 Recap: Getting’ All Kinds of Dirty for the Manhunt Lather

(Again) Carmen has a hard time letting go of Jon when she presents him to the judges. Doug was impressed with Jon’s composure, but Bruce is suddenly feeling pissy. “You’re so good-looking, it’s almost too perfect. I’m having some problems with that.” Some problems accepting that someone is prettier than himself, that is.
    that has got to be the reason why lol

Spegs: "We see Jon recruiting a cute young brunette in chef’s clothing. I tried to read her lips, and it looked like she said, “Oh, hell yes!” I’m sure she was disappointed when she found out that she had to sniff Maurice, . . . "

Who wouldn't?

Spegs: " I notice Jon chose Rob to stay behind the camera—probably didn’t want it to look like he was beating on the skinny kid. . . "

lol

FORT Newbie

Que pasa? Nuttin' pasa! No Latin rock stars here!

I'm with JetBlak! I can't think of a single danged one. I listen to Latin music exclusively. I have yet to hear of a "Puerto Rican rock star." I got a dollar *holds up an imaginary dollar* for anyone that can name one that falls into that category, cause all I could think of was merengue, salsa, soca, reggaeton....*drones on in a spanish-inflected dialect*
    LOLOL! Thank you Meli. Or should I say, gracias? lol ::Starts slaughtering both the English and Spanish languages by babbling a barely-understandable type of Spanglish::

(At least that's what my teacher in high school called it!)

spegs--how you manage to produce such a deeelicious recap even while you are under a deadline for pumpkin rolls and cheesecake just boggles my tiny little brain.

Show me a straight woman who can say no to a bare-chested Jon Johnson, and I will show you a woman who is not me.
    Me neither, sistah!

Anyway, fantastic job yet again. Thank you so much for all the work you do. I'm a little sad the end is drawing so near, because it means no more spegsy drool-fests (for a while at least). Hope you had a great holiday!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Spegs, I read your recap earlier in the week when I couldn't post. Fantastic job! And I bet the pumpkin cheesecake was fabulous.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    Everyone takes a minute to comment on how much of a perfectionist Rob is (trans: anal).

Kevin goes next, and he decides it would be funny to mock the most recently outed (no pun intended…originally) model wannabe, Hunter.

Maurice decides to pose as a personal trainer. Oooo! What a stretch there, Maury! Really. Don’t hurt yourself.

Show me a straight woman who can say no to a bare-chested Jon Johnson, and I will show you a woman who is not me.

I notice Jon chose Rob to stay behind the camera—probably didn’t want it to look like he was beating on the skinny kid.

They’ll also be judged on whether they can converse pleasantly and stay sober. (Watching at home, Tate shakes his head in sorrow. This is a trick, a test that no one could pass!)

And now let’s all get Jon’s libido off our minds and forge ahead. Well, okay, you can have one more minute.

In his head, Rob is visualizing the diamond-studded Verragio spider brooch he plans to buy with his winnings.

There’s been a lot of Jon-focus from Rob tonight; methinks someone has a crush.

Doug was impressed with Jon’s composure, but Bruce is suddenly feeling pissy. “You’re so good-looking, it’s almost too perfect. I’m having some problems with that.” Some problems accepting that someone is prettier than himself, that is.

“The Hammer has less and less to hammer about.” – Bruce Hulse, possibly high
    Another excellent recap Spegs, I love your diary excerpts, they're spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by spegs

Rob rubs unhealthy-looking mud all over himself, and then reveals that he has chosen to play a zookeeper. Just for the sake of being able to say, “There’s no telling what crap I have on my shoulder.” Tee hee <-- weak courtesy giggle.

I’m more concerned about the solid inch of brilliant white plumber’s crack that Rob is sporting.

Maurice decides to pose as a personal trainer. Oooo! What a stretch there, Maury! Really. Don’t hurt yourself.

He starts out in the gym, where he calls his own freshness into question (and I challenge anyone to hear those words and not associate them with a commercial for feminine hygiene products),

Marissa tells them that all the commercials were really good. Very specific and helpful feedback. .

(Watching at home, Tate shakes his head in sorrow. This is a trick, a test that no one could pass!)

And now let’s all get Jon’s libido off our minds and forge ahead. Well, okay, you can have one more minute.

The guys respond with nervous laughter, except for Maurice, whose always expressionless face has solidified into rock.

Maurice names the one animal he absolutely can’t handle—a spider. Foreshadowing drops an ACME anvil on our heads.

Sadly for us all, there is no shrieking or crying or spasmodic flailing as Mo goes under the spider. Just the same dead zombie look that now is meant to convey extreme fear.

Bruce thinks Rob has a heroic look in his photo (Look! In the sky! It’s Captain Millipede!!).

Mo shakes everyone’s hands and then leaves. He claims to be shocked (though his expression gives nothing away).

The most gorgeous male model will be crowned, and the leftovers will be tossed to spegs!
    Excellent as always, spegs.
    I could have quoted at least this much again.
    Wonderfully entertaining

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12