+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manhunt Recap 11-9: “Keep the Shirts On, Less Dry Humping”…Words to Live By

FORT Newbie
    This week's re-cap? Five stars, if that's even a rating (Thanks, Hunter Daniel)!

Spegs, can I just say how much joy you've brought to me and my co-workers with your recaps? Why oh why aren't you writing a nationally syndicated column? Feature film scripts?

I have bruised my palm from slapping my desk laughing at your witty summations. Thanks. Can't wait for next week's!

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Thanks Spegs! LOVED the excerpt from Kevin P's embedded journalist, er, model diary.

It just keeps getting better and better.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

So relaxed that even the knowledge that cameras are catching his every move is not enough to keep his hand out of his pants. The fact that the room is full of other people doesn’t seem to bother him either. Must be a guy thing.

Someone complains, “We’re getting buck naked.” It was not spegs complaining.

Tate brings in the Tray Mail, but is too hung over to read it. Or possibly he never learned to read (*tears* <-- Oscar clip).
    Spegs, you never fail to amuse me. Stellar job!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

JR.
    spegs, you actually make it sound like a good show!

Great stuff Speg! I caught this episode this morning and your recaps are much much better!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    Inside the Standard, the boys are relaxed. Hunter is really relaxed. So relaxed that even the knowledge that cameras are catching his every move is not enough to keep his hand out of his pants. The fact that the room is full of other people doesn’t seem to bother him either. Must be a guy thing.

Tate brings in the Tray Mail, but is too hung over to read it. Or possibly he never learned to read (*tears* <-- Oscar clip).

Jon is asked why he should win. He answers, “Because I make Orlando Bloom look like the wicked witch of the west.” This tanks with Shaun. Under that Ally McBeal suit is a t-shirt that reads “Marry Me, Orlando!”

Oh, those poor, hardworking little modelettes! They deserve a break, don’t they? Let’s take them to the beach—just let them paddle in the waves and throw a football around. No strings attached. Just good, clean fun.[...]Have these boys ever watched a reality TV show??

This is the guy who gets paid to shimmy up a eucalyptus tree outside Oprah’s compound in order to get a fuzzy shot of her butt crack as she bends over to picks a daisy.

Carmen introduces the six paid-by-the-hour ladies who will be helping flesh out the teams.[...]The girls look terminally bored. It appears that Bravo didn’t pay for enthusiasm.

Click, click, click goes Paparazzi Guy’s ginormous camera as he leans oh-so-inconspicuously over the top of his car and points his twelve foot telephoto lens in the boys’ direction. Compensate much?

Inside the White Lotus, Carmen Electra’s nipples are omnipresent. No matter which way you to try to turn your head or squint or peek through your fingers…there they are.

“If you want to be seen canoodling with the ladies that’s fine, but if any of these guys become A-list…” The rest of his wisdom is drowned out by my laughter. A-list! That’s a good one! *slaps knee*

Someone complains, “We’re getting buck naked.” It was not spegs complaining.
    Excellent recap Spegs, I agree with Speedy, your recaps are much better than the show.

did anyone notice that Hunter had his hands in his pants in a provocative position when Tate was reading out mail in the bedroom in the beginning? haha...

Hunter brags about his gymnastics background, and then insists on removing his shirt before doing a handstand. Which is vital, because you can really get hurt trying to do handstands with a shirt on—that’s just plain reckless.

Under that Ally McBeal suit is a t-shirt that reads “Marry Me, Orlando!”

“Celebrity Photographer” Jeff Rayner. Translation: paparazzi. This is the guy who gets paid to shimmy up a eucalyptus tree outside Oprah’s compound in order to get a fuzzy shot of her butt crack as she bends over to picks a daisy.

I mean, really, what do these girls think? That looks will buy you acceptance? That beauty means you don’t need a brain or a personality? That’s just plain…familiar sounding…

Le Tigre, anyone? *flips a look*

And Hunter’s inner stripper escapes again. Somebody put a leash on that thing!
    Great jobs, spegsalicious!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Hunter is really relaxed. So relaxed that even the knowledge that cameras are catching his every move is not enough to keep his hand out of his pants.

The clever pretties quickly realize that they’re going on Access Hollywood, and that at some point more hoochie ho-bags are going to be involved. Or “girls,” as they euphemistically call them.

As everyone in the world knows, you can’t have the good life without Access Hollywood. Trying to divide the two is like trying to separate the word “trashy” from Paris Hilton.

Or maybe it’s just that Tate no count good.

Jon is asked why he should win. He answers, “Because I make Orlando Bloom look like the wicked witch of the west.” This tanks with Shaun. Under that Ally McBeal suit is a t-shirt that reads “Marry Me, Orlando!”

On a side note, I think my bagel place is ripping me off.

This is the guy who gets paid to shimmy up a eucalyptus tree outside Oprah’s compound in order to get a fuzzy shot of her butt crack as she bends over to picks a daisy.

The girls look terminally bored. It appears that Bravo didn’t pay for enthusiasm.

Click, click, click goes Paparazzi Guy’s ginormous camera as he leans oh-so-inconspicuously over the top of his car and points his twelve foot telephoto lens in the boys’ direction. Compensate much?

Has anyone else noticed that Hunter is easy to impress? Look, Hunter! A blue car!

Inside the White Lotus, Carmen Electra’s nipples are omnipresent. No matter which way you to try to turn your head or squint or peek through your fingers…there they are.

In the morning, Tray Mail is rhymeless and to the point—someone must have warned The Tray Mail Poet that the guys would be in no shape for tricky couplets today.

That’s right—Tate is the modeling world’s version of an idiot savant.

The boys go to Puerto Rico. Someone complains, “We’re getting buck naked.” It was not spegs complaining.
    Excellent job aws always, spegs

Okay, my pretty *pats hair* I wasn't going to post about this until I had culled all the delicious quotes that I wanted to squeeze from it's golden pulp, but instead of waiting, I am posting NOW. Pre-quotes. You know I love this piece of inspirational wonder. *clouds part* Ommmm

This was fabulous, witty, delightful, and all-things-amazing. *tap dances* I laughed out loud, and am awed by your recappy goodness. Another fabulous recap, o-queen-of-quill. It was insanely hilarious.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12